North Cyprus Tourist Board - No it is DEFINITELY not true - The Orams gov. take over
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > No it is DEFINITELY not true - The Orams gov. take over

No it is DEFINITELY not true - The Orams gov. take over

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

Maz

Message Posted:
10/02/2010 20:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 22 in Discussion

Just for the record folk, and knowing how many rumours are floating around re the Orams and the 'fall out' following the sad but in many ways, expected, judgement from the case in the British courts, it is NOT true that the Government has bought the Orams house in Lapta, nor that they have been given, nor will be given, another property by the government.

Currently the Orams have complied with the judgement as far as they are able - emptying the house, and applying for permission to Demolish (filed this week) . They can now do nothing more, except wait.

Their message to all is 'Be Strong' as they return to U.K to take up the 'normal life' which they deserve after the months of stress-bearing happenings.

Linda says 'We are taking life one day at a time' and assures everyone that any developments that are TRUE will be relayed to you all.

Of course it would be nice is the government helped them out, but at the moment it is 'business as usual for the estate agents.!

newlad

Message Posted:
10/02/2010 20:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 22 in Discussion

Marie B,

Thanks for putting that one to bed,

Paul.

Lilli

Message Posted:
10/02/2010 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 22 in Discussion

It would be great for them Marie but would open the floodgates for many others espicially G Robbs victims. I wish them all the love and luck in the world to try to rebuild thier lives xxxx

Tootie

Message Posted:
10/02/2010 21:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 22 in Discussion

Just shows that the "Cyprus Today" is a waste of money then.

Did they start the rumour?

Lazy days

Message Posted:
10/02/2010 21:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 22 in Discussion

Dont you just know that some peeps believe what the papers say,

well done marieb for telling it like it is on behalf of the Oram's, the "i heard" brigade are too prevelant on these boards.

Best of luck to them both they have been through the mill

A

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
10/02/2010 21:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 22 in Discussion

I never believed it anyway.

Maz

Message Posted:
10/02/2010 22:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 22 in Discussion

Ah, folks, it is always difficult to find truth in a land of rumours, and of course, there are always those who 'won't hear'! But there are enough of us who want to find the truth and share it.

So it is not for me to say if any olther papers are writing truth. The reporters are inclined to believe what they are told.

I know there was definitely some discussion about the Gov taking the house over and giving the Orams another one, and who can say what might happen in the future, but Lilli has an exceptionally good point. There are others out there -hundreds of them- who are deserving of some recompense for monies spent and nothing in return.

But the Orams are fine, strong, and taking the good, the bad and the ugly as it comes. (As of course, we all, but maybe not quite as well as they have!). Excuse me while I go and bang my head against a wall in anger at the things I can't change.!

Maz

Message Posted:
11/02/2010 00:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 22 in Discussion

Sorry, but putting this back to the top to ensure that EVERYONE reads it, because the rumours that have been flying around have done little good. So, please, pass on the message as in No.1

Pipie

Message Posted:
11/02/2010 00:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 22 in Discussion

Thanks for update MarieB !!

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
11/02/2010 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 22 in Discussion

MarieB

Thanks for the news.

I feel somewhat guilty as I had started the other thread with a copy from Frank & Joans site, which seemed 'reasonably' informed and backed up by a newspaper.

There are thousands of us who could find themselves in a similar situation as the Orams, it's only to be expected we will seek any information that could affect us.

If we do find ourselves in a similar situation, I hope we can face it with the strength the Orams have shown.

Rob

Maz

Message Posted:
12/02/2010 01:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 22 in Discussion

Never feel guilty about innocently passing on what you believe tobe truth, and here (this land of 'Chinese Whispers') so often it really does sound like truth and when newspapers print it - well, you gotta believe it.

Actually, who knows, the taking of the oRAMS property couldbecome fact later,because that is one way that the GC's would then have to sue Mr Talat, and then that would be recognition!!!!!

Many suggestions were put forward following the crushing decision in U.K, and some almost became fact, but nevertheless they are not.

As to the 'thousands of us' - yes, but I reckon we would be stronger, because we could all band together and support eachother, and be more aware. The Orams as 'the first' were treading an uknown path. But, I don't think the world could deal with thousands of court cases. Of course, no doubt the lawyers would love it - all that lovely money.

So, as my dead old mum used to say 'Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you. '

Pipie

Message Posted:
12/02/2010 01:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 22 in Discussion

Right on the button MarieB !!

newlad

Message Posted:
12/02/2010 02:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 22 in Discussion

To the top and perhaps a sticky substance,

Paul.

ruggy

Message Posted:
12/02/2010 12:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 22 in Discussion

MarieB, All sounds very good. Who do you get your info from ?

malsancak

Message Posted:
12/02/2010 13:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 22 in Discussion

So, MarieB, what about the rumour that the TRNC government or a construction company were paying the rumoured £2,000,000 legal fees?

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
12/02/2010 19:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 22 in Discussion

msg 14;

Very good question.

loulouis

Message Posted:
12/02/2010 19:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 22 in Discussion

Keep it on top

WAZ-24-7

Message Posted:
12/02/2010 21:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 22 in Discussion

I believe that it is no coincidence that the Orams continue to keep a low profile as does the TRNC Administration. No rash decisions or statements. No demolition.

The ROC really would like to keep the Orams case on the front page.

I suspect that wheels are turning in back rooms on both sides of the border.

I await the ECHR judgment upon the IPC as a local remedy. Then perhaps some pre-meditated actions will emerge. Perhaps the talks will also arrive at a decisive juncture around the same time.

Maz

Message Posted:
13/02/2010 00:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 22 in Discussion

Sorry guys, a bit late in answering a couple of questions above - been out having fun!

1. I get my information from David and Linda Orams themselves. (plus a bit of a back up from other sources!)

2. To Mal - SOMEONE has paid the Orams expenses - that is definite and not a rumour. However, the Orams won't say specifically. It is REPORTED AND REPUTED to be the Gov, but it might be someone supporting the government. But definitely those expenses are to be met, although the Gov is disputing them!!! Hence the property itself is another matter.

3. WAz - WHEELS ARE DEFINITELY TURNING. Things are being worke don this side, I know, but if a whiff of ideas were to be spread, someone would snuff them out. Yes????

So, I can assure you all if I get to hear of 'TRUTH' I will pass it on, or if I hear a rumour I will share it - there is a difference.

But as a couple of estate agents are happily busy, I reckon the dust is settling a bit, don't you?

Maz

Message Posted:
13/02/2010 19:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 22 in Discussion

Another rumour which is interesting is that REALLY the Orams land is Vaklef! If so, then that predates Apostolides, and a case could be taken out against him. But it is ONLY a rumour. But it would give a few lawyers somke lovely extra money, wouldn't it.

WAZ-24-7

Message Posted:
13/02/2010 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 22 in Discussion

I think that if the said Lapta land is now proposed to be Vaklef then rather a too late card to play.

If I was the Orams I would certainly be asking questions of my defense team as to what research they did with the £700,000 odd fee.

I fear the precedent cannot now be reversed and defensive measures and or a comprehensive settlement regime must be urgently sought. No more heads in the sand !!

Maz

Message Posted:
13/02/2010 20:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 22 in Discussion

I am sure you are right WAZ but the Orams are pawns and not Knights! They go with what they are told, because the legal team are reallyappointed by others, not bythemselves. But as they say'We can do no more!'

And hopefully the powers that be will pull their heads out of the sand, but it will take a while for their eyes to get used to the light. Don;'t expect immediate action - new light can be blinding you know.

Just be very Cypriot and accept the yavas, yava,s and hope there are no new victims!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.