North Cyprus Tourist Board - Has there been any response from the TRNC government about the Orams ?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Has there been any response from the TRNC government about the Orams ?

Has there been any response from the TRNC government about the Orams ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

tattlad

Message Posted:
13/02/2010 11:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Have the TRNC made any response at all about the Orams predicament ? I've since read that everything about the government compulsory purchase of their villa was a load of bull, has any questions been asked of the TRNC government on how the guaranteed deeds are guaranteed by them, it seems they've been very quiet on this, I would have thought that they would have moved very quickly to save what little is left of the property market in the TRNC.

tattlad

Message Posted:
13/02/2010 12:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

The silence is deafening.

WAZ-24-7

Message Posted:
13/02/2010 16:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

I suspect that the lack of comment or indeed response has political motive.

Certainly Turkey and TRNC administrations want to play down the economic and legal significance of the Court of Appeal judgment.

Turkey will be anxiously awaiting the forthcoming judgment from the ECHR regarding the IPC as a local remedy to property issues.

How the TRNC can guarentee deeds has now got to be questioned as the government simply has no legal footing nor indeed the financial resource to do so.

I fear that TRNC title deeds have become rather less worthy in recent weeks. A comprehensive, concise and just form of settlement upon property must be forthcomming soon in order to avoid a potential and catastrophic disaster with many ex-pat and european casualties.

cooper

Message Posted:
13/02/2010 16:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Silence is Golden - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1C7wtCNGHQ&feature=related

girne 29

Message Posted:
13/02/2010 17:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

WAZ-24-7

"How the TRNC can guarentee deeds has now got to be questioned as the government simply has no legal footing nor indeed the financial resource to do so."

How did the Orams case make any difference to the guarantee?.Surely its the support (or non support), given to that guarantee from within the TRNC that is important. There has been no change to how title deed is considered outside TRNC ,the same as before. The legal footing is the same as ever.

tattlad

Message Posted:
13/02/2010 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Whoever came up with the TRNC government compulsory purchasing the villa idea may have hit a gem there though, surely the the TRNC gov could have done that then maybe given the Orams something elsewhere just to show they are serious if nothing else, as it stands we all look as if we've been mugged.

rowlo

Message Posted:
13/02/2010 18:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

turkish government says it will not enforce the order , and who can enforce .

graycoul

Message Posted:
13/02/2010 18:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

the goverment have stopped talking to the 246 aga buyers too, maybe all the brown envolopes they took off

gary robb!

WAZ-24-7

Message Posted:
13/02/2010 18:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Girne 29,

Of course the TRNC guarantee remains in place. However, like any guarantee provision, it is important to consider as to how any recourse may be provided for.

The TRNC administration are not,i feel, in a position to offer real support or guarantee to TRNC title holders against litigation or judgments issued in any Euoropean state. Monetary compenasation for any loss is unlikely to be forthcomming because of the lack of resource and the possibility of prohibitive costs and awards.

Prior to the Orams judgment there was indeed a degree of grey area over title and possible basis for contest.

However, grim as it is, the precedent has been set. My view is that a settlement regime must come soon via the IPC or other political route.

Oleander

Message Posted:
13/02/2010 18:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Well, according to this information page on CY44 TRNC Exchange title deeds can now be considered 100% safe to purchase.

http://www.cyprus44.com/property/orams.asp

It needs updating.

Dixie Normus

Message Posted:
13/02/2010 18:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Goverment action here or rather inaction is not only a let down for foriegn property buyers but also locals. Speaking to a number of people involved in property sales,the word is an increase in both mainlanders and local TurkCyp property buyers is probably a sign the the maket is as low as it is going to get, and those who need to sell will take a hit on asking prices, political moves will no doubt tackle uncertainty in the market but hands are tied until some form of aggreement is achieved.

Viewing property in the South during last week I looked at detached villas selling 2 years ago for 290,000 euros, being offered for 160,000 over inflated prices are now ajusting to real market values, they still have further to fall before their market moves . I believe when talks fail and some form of recgognition for the North is achieved we will see property prices in both North and South equalise which will be to benifit of buyers in the North. So sod the bubbles. D.N

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
14/02/2010 10:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Until Turkey opens its ports to RoC traffic, hands back Maras and Guzelyurt and withdraws troops, it's unlikely that the North will gain recognition - then there's still the thorny issue of land entitlement/ownership.

The whole situation is going nowhere fast - 'stalemate' is the 'status quo', and looks set to remain that way - the rest is just 'hot air' and as foul smelling as a camel fart.

hds.trnc

Message Posted:
14/02/2010 15:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

i agree re recognition by EU et al and talks are in limbo.....I would now ask is there any credibility in suggestion of recog by mid east etc...plan B perhaps...

norman

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
14/02/2010 15:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Unless Middle Eastern property buyers replaced the once lucrative (Brit buyers) market, the TRNC economy would get a desperately needed boost, but sadly the status of TRNC would remain the same Internationally.

WAZ-24-7

Message Posted:
14/02/2010 16:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

The issue of recognition is predominently the European Union States and member countries on UN and Nato, bar of course Turkey.

Turkey and TRNC may well find a more positive audience with countries of the middle and far East.

However, Turkey must be carefull at the moment not to allienate the Europeans and the UN.

I feel that at this time some manner of progress may be achievable after the visit to TRNC of Mr Moon.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.