North Cyprus Tourist Board - How safe is TMD/Exchange Property Title ?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > How safe is TMD/Exchange Property Title ?

How safe is TMD/Exchange Property Title ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

gillken

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 14:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 66 in Discussion

Hi

I am still trying to come to an informed decision on whether to buy a off plan property with a TMD title. Last week I was ready to go ahead really happy with the Sales Contract only to be told the title was TMD, been lead to believe that exchange title by EA.

I have read that GC are now seeking compensation, via the IPCB.

That this title comes with a POSSIBILITY OF A 50% compensation to GC

That awards that have been made are in the region on 800,000-1,000,000 euros.

So does that mean I could end up with a bill of 500,000 euros?

Nunu1

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 14:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 66 in Discussion

Gillken,

If I were you I would not touch it with a barge pole! There are plenty of other properties around some with Pre 74 Turkish title and agreed exchange title. Do your homework and research....dont rush into buying!

If you need a decent agent that will guide you please try http://www.Meridieshomes.com in Karukum ask for Sophie Butcher they are professional, friendly and have a very good selection of properties on their books!

Good luck!

nunu1

Littlenige

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 66 in Discussion

RE pre 74 deeds please read this.

http://www.hbpg-trnc.net/documents/Press/CT310508_PTPrefusal.html

gillken

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 14:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 66 in Discussion

OK so I won't buy TMD/Exchange to risky. Still love the villa and the site though nothing has come near to it.

Pre 74 also comes with issues to.

So what do I do????

Nunu1

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 14:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 66 in Discussion

Gillian,

Im not sure if my messages are being read, again speak to a good estate agent and Lawyer avoid TMD land. There are plenty of villas around finished or part finished to purchase.

Just be wary and again dont panic buy!

Regards

nunu1

gillken

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 15:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 66 in Discussion

Hi

Yes I am reading your messages, can't help what I like though!!!! Message clear and understood.

What about finding a plot and a builder? That way I can have chosen plot and property!!!

Nunu1

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 15:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 66 in Discussion

Hi Gillian,

Take a look at the Meridies web site they also sell land on behalf of developers. The website has all the details of the purchase process, legal, land title etc etc etc. Im not connected to Meridies but they have been very good with my purchase and after sales help!

IF we look at the picture as a whole, property and land purchase in the North is risky....We just have to hope that the issue will one day be solved in some way....But I would stick with TNC and Turkish title for a less risk.

And to be honest nobody owns land in the World! Its all on loan to us..!..and you cannot take it with you.........

Good Luck!!.......nunu1

Hot Hornet

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 16:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 66 in Discussion

If it is land plots and a bespoke builder then you should look at Ali Yemenci - one of the best here - Tenas Construction - again has been recommended along with others in a thread called List of Builders

joandjelly

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 66 in Discussion

Hi gillken. No disrespect to other posters but you really should take legal advice rather than rely on opinions given here. It is worth pointing out that as far as GCs are concerned they have never agreed to an exchange of land and my legal rep's advice to me in 2004 was that, in his opinion, Exchange title was no less risky than TMD. I do not know where you got the information about TMD title coming with a 50% risk of compensation as it is not something I have come across before but all compensation SO FAR has been paid by Turkey. Will this be the case in the event of a settlement - who knows. But the Annan Plan did limit compensation payments and based them on pre-1974 land values. It has always been the case that pre-1974 Turkish or Foreign Title was 100% safe but there is a question mark over whether the TRNC government will grant permission to foreigners to own this type of title and so far this has not been clarified. Either way there is a risk and this is why property here is so much cheaper than elsewhere. Only you can weigh up whether the risk is worth taking and I would strongly advise you to take legal advice and base your decision on that.

PtePike

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 20:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 66 in Discussion

Nige,

I saw that piece in the paper about Pre-74 title applicants not getting their permissions. The bigger truth is that applicants for ALL types of title are having to wait years to find out what's happening and almost everybody in authority speaks with forked tongue.

I think the suggestion that pre-74s are being refused is utter nonsense. Why do I say this? Three reasons: firstly, we have yet to hear of a single person to be refused simply because the title was pre-74. Secondly, the story quotes unnamed sources - the very ones who SHOULD be named since the story is (alleged) to have come from them. No serious paper would run with this because the readers would doubt the truth. Thirdly, even the old troublemaker Denktas casts doubt - and he's the very type not to in a case like this.

I suspect it's a desperate but hamfisted attempt by the TRNC authorities - in a flat property market - to encourage people that it's safe to buy "exchange" title properties, when even the UK Foreign Office warns British citizens of the dangers.

And another thing - rumours were circulating about this supposed ban years ago, since when many people have been granted permission including someone or other recently on another current thread. Yet more claptrap, IMHO.

PtePike

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 20:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 66 in Discussion

Gillken,

"TMD" and "exchange" titles boil down to the same thing. They are both property which have been seized from the legal owner. Neither are safe to buy - and expensive legal advice is largely worthless in the TRNC because all you really need to know is written above and it's for free

wackyjim

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 21:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 66 in Discussion

Agree with HH on Ali Yemenci.. I eventually purchased re-sale so did not require his services but did look at some of the one off villas that he built and was very impressed.

He is the builder of choice with Ian Smith Estates which is a decent recommendation,and in fact they can be found next door to them in Karaglanoglu

Jim.

Linus

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 21:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 66 in Discussion

I have to say I rather agree with PtePike on this one. We all know buying property in NC carries a risk thats a fact. However I still say pre 74 is the safest. I have yet to hear from these buyers who have been refused title deeds if they have clean criminal records and away from military sites.

Linus

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 66 in Discussion

if the word "exchange" is used ,who would it have to be exchanged with ?

if i had 2 donums in the south and swapped then with somebody north etc ,then am free to sell mine in the south the person in the north must be free to sell his .....all this is chat really doesnt matter as we will all be dead before they settle anything .

if you believe all the stories of the turkish army invading and taking my grandads land cyprus would be the size of america

kav

Littlenige

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 21:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 66 in Discussion

PtePike

I did post on another board about this and it was confirmed not 1 member had recieved their pre 74 kocans 5 years on.

So is not quite the same but still you do make a valid point.

PtePike

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 23:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 66 in Discussion

Nige,

Oh well, I must have had an honest face when I was given mine. Mind you that was in the days when PTP came in two months with £25 bakshish and the deal wasn't sealed until PTP came through.

Hot Hornet

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 11:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 66 in Discussion

I know several people who have had their pre-74 titles given to them, however this was around 4-5 years ago, and I do think its who you know sometimes. This does not mean that they give them out in every case.

think joandjelly is right - legal advise is sometimes the only way, and we can all comment on this, but its not funny really is it, as everyone has their own views to give, and nothing is concrete.

If you are really unsure, and it sounds like you are, then just don't buy here at the mo. Wait......

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 13:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 66 in Discussion

linus,

The issue is not one of refusal of PTP for pre 1974, you just do not get told.

I have never seen or heard of anyone in last 4/5 years receiving acceptance and as said many times there are some requests going back 30+ years and no decision has been made.

Given the current climate of the governement openly saying they want to keep Turkish Title for Cypriots there is probably more risk of problems buying one of these properties than any other.

Littlenige

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 13:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 66 in Discussion

cyprusishome

That is correct I think the current advice from hpg would be seek advice from an advocate that has no ties to the builder / developer/ estate agent.

And if you were to ignore sound advise then upon your head beit.

Oh yes some people here do ignore good advise..........................

WELL IT WAS A GOOD PRICE AND WELL I THOUGHT are words one often hears

gillken

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 14:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 66 in Discussion

Back to my main concern on TMD land I have found this articule from the IPM (international property magazine) MAY/JUNE ISSUE From Naomi Mehmet

What about TMD land?

Is this safe to purchase?

If you can't find out what the title deeds are, doesn't that make it very complicated?

"Yes, this is a tricky area because the Anna Plan does leave exposure for TMD land with no significant improvement. However, as I talked about earlier, the government is preventing you from knowing what type of title you are buying. Therefore, if a purchaser were ordered to pay compensation or return a property, they would have to make a claim against the TRNC Government for issuing them with the title deed to the property and preventing them from discovering any possible problems."

it sounds positive to me. I have just had email from my solicitor in his own personal opinion the two sides will never become one. Ireland !!!! Scotland and Wales want seperation too. We had a house in Wales when the the Welsh nationalist were burning them down. again they were cheap no one wanted to live in Wales not even the Terrorism !!!

gillken

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 14:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 66 in Discussion

Sorry pressed wrong key submitted before I finished.

As I was saying no jobs in Wales so the even Welsh moved out, they are still tempting the young to stay with grants in rural areas for housing renovations and tourism. It is becoming a great place to live.Took a long time but we are getting there.

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 14:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 66 in Discussion

Hi gillken

I would expect that the GC's see absolutely no difference between TMD and Exchange land. The GC's never agreed to an exchange. It is a TRNC term and internal process of exchange.

Any solution, which does not necessarliy mean a reunification, will need to include some sort of recompense for the GC's (and TC's). After all land and property are the driving and probably the primary forces behind the previous and current talks. Land issues have to be resolved to the complete satisfaction of all parties, otherwise property issues will continue to rage even after a solution. In fact, I believe that there is a good chance that court cases will continue to ensue even after a solution , which makes it riskier for foreigners should the TRNC enter in to the EU.

In any solution, inevitably some land will have to be ,negotiated ove, perhaps the TC government might revert to the Annan plan as the guide, in some sort of hierachy, pre 74 least likely to be proffered, then Exchange, then TMD in that order.

Your solicitor makes a good point. There is a growing tendency in the EU for countries to be repatriated with nationalism and to break down in to smaller and smaller units i.e Yugoslavia breaking down in to six states. So much research through evolutionary psychology shows that companies function miuch more effectively as smaller units, so why wouldn't this be the case with countries.

The only recent example I can think of in the EU where countries have reunified is that of Germany. These people were one of the same anyway, no difference in language or religion etc. Interestingly the world bank has said that it could be decades before the TRNC benefits from reunification, in much the same way that East Germany struggled to benefit from the wealth in the West. In fact the West of Germany secured many parts of Eastern land at very cheap prices.

gillken, it sounds like you have set your heart on this TMD land property. If we want something badly we can get our filters crossed. We can end up hearing what we want to hear and seeing what we want to see. In other words the buying decision becomes emotional

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 14:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 66 in Discussion

ps good luck

Hot Hornet

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 14:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 66 in Discussion

ilovecyprus

brain tingling stuff - some very good examples, and a well written and provoking piece there!

elko2

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 14:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 66 in Discussion

I tried to keep out of this discussion but I could not resist it. I went down with food poisoning 3 days ago and I have been resting in bed. So I have lots of time in my hands at the moment

No. 1 rule in economy is: Higher the gain higher the risk.

Unless one has a very good political crystal ball, nobody can really tell what will happen in the future. We can only guess and therefore there can be no sound legal advice. Sound legal advice is based on sound laws and if there are no sound laws in this aspect, there can be no sound advice, it can only be a sound guess.

There has been some discussion on various types of Greek Cypriot property. In my view there is not much difference. You may consider "exchange" or "esdeger" as the safest but to me it is not much different beause a) the original GC owner never gave his consent, b) in some cases some TCs have also sold their land in the south, so the whole thing is a real mess. The only solution can be political and I look at ECHR decisions as political too. At the end of the day, it requires political will on behalf of member states to enforce the ECHR rulings.

If you remember the Loizidou case, the first of its kind, Turkey did not honour the decision for many years and she paid up the compensation for "lack of use" just before the Annan Referandum because it suited her. Loizidou has not regained her house yet and that part is outstanding. Now all the signs are that ECHR is trying to get rid of the hot potato and is getting ready to transfer all the files to the newly set up Compensation Board. This board has made a couple of very good offers in order to persuade ECHR to accept them as the legitimate internal remedy. The trouble is they neither have the money nor the willingness to pay up the large sums involved. So once they get all the files transferred from ECHR to this Board, I don't think they have a clue as the next step. They will gain 5 years and may be more and they hope that by that time a solution will be found to the Cyprus problem. All the signs are that there will be no solution and they will carry on talking for the next 40 years too. Well, after that who knows?

Those who hold GC land are pretty safe unless Turkey finds herself in such bad situation that she capitulates. I cannot see this happen and therefore it will be blah blah blah for another 40 years and more. As long as TRNC exists or there is a formal solution to the Cyprus problem, the current owners cannot be made legally responsible to pay any sums. If Turkey capitulates and withdraws all her forces overnight, then you will lose everthing but the chances of this happening is very very remote.

ismet

Hot Hornet

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 15:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 66 in Discussion

geçmis olsun elko, you poor thing.

Also haven't we just had all the generals of the Turkish Army here a few weeks (my friend was ferrying around all the wives, who adored the Pound Shop on the main road!), who all said there is absolutely no way they will give up support for Cyprus - how nice of them to visit during the crisis in Iraq I thought!

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 15:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 66 in Discussion

turkey wont abandon cyprus ,turkey is a large player in nato .

and only yesterday on a 1 day visit to europe mr bush publicly says turkey should be in the e.u

so all these issues may be bigger than you think with talks of america needing bases near to middle east etc

meanwhile lets enjoy what we all have

kav

Hot Hornet

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 15:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 66 in Discussion

they say there is a reason for everything, and america usually has something to do with mostly everything in this world - oh I do not like that country......

joandjelly

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 15:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 66 in Discussion

Very well put Ismet and I wish you a speedy recovery.

wackyjim

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 16:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 66 in Discussion

As you say Ismet it will take years to come to any real agreement unless of course a Cyprus solution is fast tracked through for some political reason...can't see it though

Lets hope it takes 40 years as it won't be my problem then!!!!

Jim

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 16:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 66 in Discussion

Good stuff Ismet

Like you, I can't see Turkey capitulating unless a dramatic and devastating economic downturn, or something of that nature. Too much Turkish blood spilt in taking the north of the island. I have placed by my bet on Exchange land and have based this on Turkey holding firm.

Of course, if the status quo remains and the talks drag on for another 40 years then there will be no increase in ones investment, if ones purpose for purchasing is investment.

Who is on the compensation board Ismet? How did they convince the ECHR of sufficent funds?

gillken

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 17:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 66 in Discussion

Can I ask you all, were do you live and what title deeds you have? Yes I am enchanted with the Villa, and all on offer in NC but to the dismay of the EA have not handed over a penny as yet, much to her frustration and it was over 2 weeks ago that we returned to the UK. So can still walk away unscathed so don't think I am being "emotional". Just looking at all the informed facts, But have noticed on any forum there is always an amount of UNINFORMED GOSSIP that people dress up in fancy words. I am looking at the factual jigsaw and trying to piece this together. Yesterday I spent time with my good friend GC whom has lost land herself in the north, even she can't tell me the facts, but tells me there is as much corruption in the south with property.

Anyway back to the thread

So why do other intelligent folk buy in NC without much thought to the title deeds. You have all convinced me that I should find somewhere else in fact none of the title deeds are worth the paper they are written on.!!

Gill

Littlenige

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 66 in Discussion

Turkey capitulating More chance of nige being voted personality of the year by b/b members.....................

If you can not laugh at yourself the do not laugh said the man in the leopard skin THONG.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 18:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 66 in Discussion

Gill,

Personally would never say, "do not buy here" but be aware of all the risks.

Have stated many times over last 3 years, we bought knowing many of the risks but were prepared to take the gamble.

Just think, if you had bought in that "safe haven" of Spain around Marbella, there is a good chance your house would be being bulldozed as we speak. And they are covered by EU law!!!!

What could happen in Bulgaria in a couple of years time as the building boom moves on as it did here 3 years ago.

I feel that the case for buying, in political sense, has been answered above by Ismet. The Turkish military spilt blood over their police action here and they will NEVER give up to the GC this land for that reason.

Littlenige

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 18:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 66 in Discussion

" I tried to keep out of this discussion but I could not resist it"

Why?? Yur valed input and fairminded atitude would be a godsend.

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 18:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 66 in Discussion

that doesn't fill me with much confidence Nige. You might win that title mate

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 18:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 66 in Discussion

apologies gillken. Didn't mean to imply that you were emotional. Just saying it is an easy trap that we can all fall into

elko2

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 18:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 66 in Discussion

Nige,

Are you feeling ok? Put on your thongs and go for a swim .

I hope you are recovering fast from the accident. Good luck and God Bless

ismet

PtePike

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 21:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 66 in Discussion

"...they would have to make a claim against the TRNC Government for issuing them with the title deed to the property and preventing them from discovering any possible problems..."

<>

PtePike

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 21:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 66 in Discussion

CiH: "The Turkish military spilt blood over their police action here and they will NEVER give up to the GC this land for that reason."

It's not every day you get comments that are both laughable and in the poorest taste.

Bradus

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 21:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 66 in Discussion

"Therefore, if a purchaser were ordered to pay compensation or return a property, they would have to make a claim against the TRNC Government for issuing them with the title deed to the property and preventing them from discovering any possible problems."

Sorry but this does not sound "a positive move" to me. Would you really like to challenge the TRNC government in a court case? Surely any EU court would stick to the "you knew what problems might arise when deciding to buy in the TRNC" Would you really want the stress and financial implications that such an action might bring? Maybe its just me being ultra careful but this does not give me confidence and I certainly would not see this as sound advice coming from an advocate. But there again wouldn't the advocates be the only ones to benefit from such actions?

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 66 in Discussion

No joke ES and I think deep down you will know that the Turkish military will not give up this piece of Cyprus.

Apart from anything else it is a good place to send 30,000 men to serve their conscription. Far better than the south east as far as the squaddies are concerned!!!!!!

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 22:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 66 in Discussion

PtePike - infamous Eric Seans, alias scaramanga? I wonder

PtePike

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 22:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 66 in Discussion

Bradus,

That's the point I was trying to make (but screwed up my post). Where would a legal claim against the TRNC government get anyone? That's as good as a challenge against Turkey. That can be a dangerous thing to do for anyone who wants a safe existence. I know people who have tried and have ended up being firebombed, arrested or threatened with being jailed in Turkey.

Naturally any quote from a TRNC "advocate" in a north Cyprus property mag is about as credible and reliable any other advice handed out by those who have vested interests.

PtePike

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 22:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 66 in Discussion

CiH,

I think Turkey will pave its way for joining Europe and will willingly reduce troop numbers drastically in Cyprus. We're a long way from the Denktas years now. All this stuff about spilled blood is the biggest load of sh*te usually spouted by the oldest and most out of touch dinosaurs.

But yeah, a good place to do your service - especially if you're Kurdish.

PtePike

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 23:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 66 in Discussion

ilovecyprus,

You will notice ES on my sign-off (when I remember to do it) so well done you. This seems to be a place where everyone gets their say. Tough to get used to, huh?

ES

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 23:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 66 in Discussion

Yes, everyone is allowed on here to have their say but I really hoped you wouldn't. Oh well, will have to put up with your s..t

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 23:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 66 in Discussion

ilovecyprus,

Me thinks you have a hidden agenda.

Quite hilarious that you were prepared to put up with bad language and dispariging remarks against a fellow board member but as soon as some body comes along with a viewpoint you may disagree with you are yourself making negative remarks.

Before you ask, yes I know the ramblings of Pte. Pike and although I often do not agree with him I respect him for maintaining a consistent argument. There are several others across the 20+ North Cyprus BB's that may be ultra left or right wing but it is up to individuals if they wish to agree ar disagree or take my usual option of ignoring.

If you have ever ventured on to the Cyprus Forum based on South Side you will know what sadistic people post there and often does not make pleasant reading if you are of a delicate nature.

This has to remain a neutral BB with all points viewed with no bad language etc. To my view the stuff earlier this week that appeared on this forum was far worse than anything that that "don't tell 'em Pike" has to offer.

As a regualr poster you must remain objective and not try to influence other than be reasoned debate what are the political arguments.

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
12/06/2008 00:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 66 in Discussion

Cyprusishome

"Quite hilarious that you were prepared to put up with bad language and dispariging remarks against a fellow board member but as soon as some body comes along with a viewpoint you may disagree with you are yourself making negative remarks".

I have looked at this post and am not sure what you are referring to. I can only presume that you are referring to another posting. I only read a few of the postsings, however, if we stick to this post, then yes I have over stepped the mark by using bad language and for that I apologise. My statement was an honest one. I am disappointed,it is how I feel, but I would not look to stop PtPike nor anybody from posting on here.

PtPike is entitled to say whatever he wants on this forum as am I.

Yes he is very consistent. You are right. I am very aware of the benefits of consistency and just as aware of the virtues of it's polarity.

No I wasn't going to go on about his ramblings.

Yes I have been on the south side forums.

No such thing as objectivity, but I know what you mean

Bradus

Message Posted:
12/06/2008 00:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 66 in Discussion

Some real good debating has taken place over the last few weeks on this forum. Listening to other peoples opinions can be a very positive learning experience. Sometimes we don't like what we hear but we do usually enjoy the challenge it presents and continue to reflect on important issues. It would be a real shame if we started to turn constructive debate into a slanging match. The beauty of this forum has always been that people can say exactly what they think without being attacked and treated in a rude and unfriendly way. I have every faith this will continue knowing most of the bloggers.

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
12/06/2008 01:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 66 in Discussion

Once again, you are the wise one Bradus. Yes you are absolutely right. All views are valid.

Littlenige

Message Posted:
12/06/2008 08:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 66 in Discussion

Spot on bradus.

Everyone is entiteld to have an opinion and likewise no one has to agree with it I have oft said attack the opinion and not the person .

gillken

Message Posted:
12/06/2008 09:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 66 in Discussion

Confused..........not until you have read this!!!!

Noticed no one mentioned what title deeds they owned.

"Oh" and yes I am getting "emotional", but thats always been the case, I call it determination, leave no stone unturned etc.

It was discussed last night and the answer was no not to buy.

I spent the night thinking of a solution. Looked at it from both sides. Yes, if I was Greek it would make me angry, something like this happened to my family as a child, (corrupt solicitor in the UK) so I drew on those emotions.

The orignal Greek owner needs to move on, but can't because there is a debt due to him. So why can't that person be identified/found I am happy to pay him if he wants to sell, an agreed sum but on the southern side? .......if not then thats the time to walk away!!!!!!!!!

What has the original owner got to loose, apart from a long fight?

So, how do I find them?

Gill

Littlenige

Message Posted:
12/06/2008 09:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 66 in Discussion

Go to the land registery office in south nicosia as a starting point, I would take someone who spaeaks greek also.

gillken

Message Posted:
12/06/2008 09:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 66 in Discussion

Thankyou, do you think it a possibility?

gillken

Message Posted:
12/06/2008 09:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 66 in Discussion

Oh and by the way, is this possible to do over the internet, I am in the UK. Would like to look into this option quickly.

Littlenige

Message Posted:
12/06/2008 10:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 66 in Discussion

Now that is a good question, I would think it would have to be in person along with some sort of map marking where you intended to buy.

I know 1 person who has done it.

Perhaps an enquiry on this board may help http://www.cyprus-forum.com/

BUT be very carfull they are very very aggresive on there and do not reveal your email addy they flood it with spam if they think you are or want to be in trnc.

PtePike

Message Posted:
12/06/2008 13:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 66 in Discussion

ilovecyprus,

No need to apologise for the swearies (although I don't think you actually made the apology to me personally). If you are by any chance Fat Tony from the other board than I quite understand.

As for my posts, people may agree or disagree with them, but I am a stakeholder in Cyprus, I support neither side over the other and my views reflect international criminal and human rights laws. Not much to get angry about, surely?

ibialan

Message Posted:
13/06/2008 13:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 66 in Discussion

Hi, we would advise staying away from TMD title at this very moment. The risk is not compensated sufficiently in the prices property and land is trading at. If you need any help feel free to contact us at: http://www.3ipropertypartners.com. Regards, Ibi

fire starter

Message Posted:
19/06/2008 22:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 66 in Discussion

hi was just looking at the forum and decided to join.

we purchased 2 years ago pre 74 turkish title and have had no problems with permissions to buy. we also have had our kochan since jan this year.all in all start to finish it took about 18 months.

pilgrim

Message Posted:
19/06/2008 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 66 in Discussion

thats the first post saying they have Kocan for pre 74 title

are you british , not british turkish cypriot by chance? only curious as others experience many years of waiting, and are still waiting.

regards

p

Bradus

Message Posted:
20/06/2008 01:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 66 in Discussion

This is reasurring news. Whereabouts in the TRNC did you purchase?

fire starter

Message Posted:
28/06/2008 00:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 66 in Discussion

hi pilgrim and bradus, we purchased in a turkish cypriot village, pinarbasi, just behind girne. and no we are not british cypriot, true red white and blue ones! Have lots of cypriot friends though as we are the only british in our village.

Bradus

Message Posted:
28/06/2008 00:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 66 in Discussion

Thanks for posting Fire Starter,

As you can imagine there is alot of worry regarding the granting of pre 74 Turkish Title Deeds. One never knows if it is rumour or truth as to whether they are being granted or not. I will post as soon as I get my PTP and hopefully that will reassure people in the same boat and future buyers. I am sure Paul will too as I know he has been waiting since 2005.

Kind Regards

SUE

fire starter

Message Posted:
01/07/2008 02:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 66 in Discussion

i have also been to the greekside land office with a copy of the kochan to check the title. all you need is the reference from the kochan its a ordinacy survey ref, and the same as on the greekside. copy of the plot cost us 1 euro 6 cents. records office is along the road a bit from there. unhelpfull in the records office you will need to know the greek name for your village, then reluctantley they will find it.

ibialan

Message Posted:
01/07/2008 13:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 66 in Discussion

Hi all,

Interesting discussion here - if you need any clarification on title deeds we would be more than happy to assist you.

Our legal teams are positioned to be able to provide a fully comprehensive assessment of any documents you have or offer advice where required. They are trusted currently by Israeli and Chinese investors in the TRNC that we are working with.

Warm Regards,

Ibi

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.