North Cyprus Tourist Board - what are the rules on residency
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > what are the rules on residency

what are the rules on residency

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

Pugsey

Message Posted:
15/02/2010 23:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

HOW MANY TIMES CAN YOU GO OVER THE BORDER BEFORE HAVING TO APPLY FOR RESIDENCY?

MY IN LAWS HAVE GONE A COUPLE OF TIMES BUT WERE ONLY GRANTED 30 DAYS LAST TIME.

IS THERE ANYONE WHO COULD HELP THEM THROUGH THE PROCESS AS WE HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO RETURN AS SOON AS WE WOULD HAVE LIKED TO HELP THEM WITH IT.

THANKS

Maz

Message Posted:
16/02/2010 00:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Not sure what the problem is here. Are the in laws trying to stay for a long time, but not actually leave the island. Why don't they apply fore temp. residency.

I am sure if they fly out and come back (or take a boat out and come back) they can go on with Visitor status, but just going over the border is a bit suspect. Of course, I expect it also depends for how long they go over. If just for a day, then that is frowned upon. If for longer, it could be different.

Can't say I can actually help them, because I am not sure what they want, but am happy to talk with them, or e mail etc , so please e mail me giving details of where they are etc, and I would go and meet them.

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
16/02/2010 00:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

msg 1;

90 days,after that the law requires you to apply for a permit,not visa.Though there are many living on the island with just visa.

Maz

Message Posted:
16/02/2010 00:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Whgat I am not sure Yorgozlu is for how long these people want to stay. If it is for an extended holiday, that i sone thing, but to try to get some kind of permanence as a 'tourist' then I agree with you. That is why I have asked for some clarification before advising.

If they are trying to beat the law, then they could be in trouble, but if they honeslty don't know, then they have to decide what they want to do long term.

You say of many 'living on the island with just visa' but that is often because they are 'swallows' who come for 2 to 3 months and leave for as long. They are not breaking the law, I believe, as they are out of the country for long periods. It is the same in other countries - for instance Australia, you can go for 3 months, leave and get another visa, or apply for 6 months and then leave. Trouble is it is confusing to apply other country's rules, hence I can see why message no.1 is uncertain as to what the in laws may legally do.

Pugsey

Message Posted:
16/02/2010 01:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

MarieB,

I've sent a reply to your e-mail. Things are not as straight forward as they may appear and I think they may have received some incorrect advice previously about what to do. They want to sort this out properly but just need some help to do that.

The person who was supposed to do this has deserted them and they need some help.

thanks

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
16/02/2010 01:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

msg 4;

Read my reply on msg 3,it is not a rocket sience,pure and simple.No need to make things more complicated then they already are.

msg5

Mail me if you need any help or here is a phone no:0533 873 9181

Pugsey

Message Posted:
16/02/2010 01:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

thanks yorgozlu

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.