North Cyprus Tourist Board - Help raise money for a hospice
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Help raise money for a hospice

Help raise money for a hospice

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Banks Related Threads posted so far

» See North Cyprus Interest Rates

Maz

Message Posted:
17/02/2010 19:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Another cry for unwanted Bric a Brac, books, bedsheets,blankets, good clothes for Maureen who is well known for her haberdashery stall at Lambousa and Karakum.

She is now going to do her bit for Kemal Saracoglu Foundation as they are planning to build the first ever hospice in N.Cyprus. Early days yet, and a long way to go, but they need money. The hospice will be for everyone and anyone, so, if you want to help out, contact Maureen on 0533 845 6705.

She is also selling some super all-purpose cards for a mere 1tl. Great for stocking up for that unknown last minute card to send a loved one.

Maz

Message Posted:
17/02/2010 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Please don't let this fall off the page before lots of people have read it.

Of course, if anyone wanted to deal with the charity direct, take a look at their web page and see how they began and what they do.

Just google Kemal Saracoglu Foundation.

chinaeyes

Message Posted:
18/02/2010 11:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Lets keep this information to the top people and support this very important project.In years to come we might need this hospice.

With all your connections Marion maybe you could send a few begging letters to all those rich builders out there.........!!!!!!

Back to the top please

PaulW

Message Posted:
18/02/2010 12:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

I admire the spirit behind this project but where will the funding come from? A hospice cost millions of pounds or lira not just to build but to run. I work as a volunteer for the family support section of my local hospice and they are struggling for funds. Some idea of the cost, one million five hundred and eighty five thousand pounds for the inpatient unit and for nearly half the year they were only operating with six beds because they could not afford the other six. Day patients, three hundred and forty eight thousand. Treating patients in their own home, five hundred and five thousand. Then there is education,training and research into pallative care. Hospice care is excellent and should be available to all no matter where they live in the world but without TRNC government backing and funding this will be a dream rather than a reality. Sorry if I've upset anybody, I know the Kemal Saracoglu Foundation do good work but maybe they have bitten off more than they can chew.

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
18/02/2010 12:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Good luck with the idea anyway Maureen.

Maz

Message Posted:
18/02/2010 23:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

YUou are correct, PaulW, of course, but one has to have faith and make a start. All that you have said is well known, and maybe, just maybe, the government will take over. At the moment they are giving the land (probably ex GC!!!!), and the Foundation are well aware that they will need Macmillan trained nurses, and ongoing help, but they manage to keep going with the good they already do, helping families - not just the cancer sufferers, but their carers etc, so I do not think they are going into this blindly. Ihas been discussed for quite a while.

They are still working on the future of staff, equipment , continuation, etc, but I reckon if they give up because of the hurdles ahead, then everyone will lose!

I would like to think that if enough people put in enough effort it will happen. Look at the good that has been done in recent years through '112' ' NCCCT' 'Tulips' etc. You don't stop at the first hurdle because the following ones look too tall.

So, although what Paul s

Maz

Message Posted:
18/02/2010 23:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

(oh dear, Mr Adminstrator - why is there never enough room for what I want to say????)

........ what Paul says is frighteningly true, I feel it must act as a challenge, not a deterent.

And don't forget we are looking at a much smaller population here - but just as needy.

As to scrounging from builders, I am sure the Foundation willbe good at that - I just want to see the ex pats supporting this, because as a slogan from somewhere says (Lotto!) 'It could be YOU." So, perhaps I am using this as 'insurance.'!!!!!!!!

Maz

Message Posted:
19/02/2010 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Back up please before it falls out of sight. Just a few more read this and help! (if you can!)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.