North Cyprus Tourist Board - is there any car hire agency in the north allowing to go to the south?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > is there any car hire agency in the north allowing to go to the south?

is there any car hire agency in the north allowing to go to the south?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Car Hire in North Cyprus

sylvie

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 21:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

I WONDER ABOUT IT BECAUSE A FEW DAYS AGO I READ THAT IT WAS POSSIBLE TO GO TO THE SOUTH WITH A CAR RENTED IN THE NORTH AS LONG AS THE AGENCY AUTHORISED IT - IS THERE ANY GIVING THAT POSSIBILITIES ACTUALLY ,

ronaldo

Message Posted:
10/06/2008 23:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Hi Sylvie

Read about this in the Cyprus news last Friday. Big concerns regarding hire cars from the north to the south ! Not I am lead to believe by the TC government or the G C government . But by the Hire companies themselves. I for one hired a car in the south and traveled to the North with no hitches whatsoever. also I am aware that the insurance provided at the border was only third party cover ! When I checked the insurance cover , provided by the hire company in the South i also found that the extra ins cover was only for third party fire and theft . This can only mean good news for all in the TRNC . I cannot understand why the North Cyprus car hire companies are not pleased with this outcome . i for one will try to find a company which would allow me the freedom of all the island and not restrict us from traveling backwards and forwards in hire cars.I am sending out Emails to companies in the North to see who would allow this .

sylvie

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 09:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

thanks ronaldo,

please let me know about your investigations because we are very much interessested - my all family is coming next month and i rather prefer to rent in the north but they want to visit the all island - where my husband is born - limassol -and i cannot do that trip all the time - i would rather prefer them going and discovering on their own or all together with 2 CARS RENTED IN the north - you can e-mail me as soon as you have a possibility -

Hot Hornet

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 11:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

From the paper reports it has always been possible, but the GC's have not allowed you to do it as its not in their interests (typical), and the TRNC hire car companies are concerned, rightly or wrongly, about people ditching cars in the south, and then the GC's not being particularly co-operative in tracing them etc. Same could be said on this side bring GC hire cars, but they don't seem to mention that!

If u want to know more then you should maybe speak with the hire car companies themselves, as each one will probably take a different stance. Sun Rent A Car in Lefkosa http://www.sunrentacar.com/contacts_maps.php

or maybe Oscar Rent A Car http://www.oscar-rental.com/index2.htm

they are two of the biggest and will have already decided what they will do I guess.

Good luck

sylvie

Message Posted:
11/06/2008 14:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

thanks hot hornet,

it is always the same song - GC always refrain from making people to go to the north with a rented car even if it is possible since a few years - hope i can find a solution because i do not want to rent in the south i rather prefer to take a taxi - a legal one of course!!! and agree with prices

i am going to phone a friend of mine renting car - hope he will do it so i will let the board know -

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.