North Cyprus Tourist Board - all in a weeks work
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > all in a weeks work

all in a weeks work

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
18/02/2010 22:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

I thought i'd try this again....

I`ve just read the newspaper, and noticed that in ONE WEEK there were 73 car accidents, 16 people ınjured, 219 caught speeding, 61 talking on the phone and 61 drıvıng with no road tax!!!

For someone who was a vıctim of a drunk drıver, these fıgures are quite simply horrifying and the stuff of nightmares!!! Moe speed bumps please...or more traffic police patrolling PLEASE!!!

DD

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
18/02/2010 22:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

The probability is that hardly anyone gets pulled up for drink driving unless it is blatantly obvious that you are not in adequate control of your vehicle. When police do normal stop checks If they have reason to believe you have been drinking (i.e. the smell of booze) then they will test you for alcohol consumption if they have no reason to then then they will not do it. As almost anywhere else in the world you will only be subjected to a breathalyser test if you have been involved in a RTA .

Stopping drivers randomly and carrying out breathalyser checks is not economically viable.

AJ

Vidal

Message Posted:
18/02/2010 22:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

The speed of the cars late at night after the Lapta strip and towards Karsiyaka is terrifying! You see them coming up behind in your rear view mirror and just think..if they loose it now they just wouldn't stand a hope in hell.

And, Yes more police but please, no more speed bumps though!!

Tootie

Message Posted:
18/02/2010 23:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Im sorry for your post being closed Daisy.

More Speed camera's being put in place at Alsancak and Lapta.

The figures in the newspaper are good... 219 caught speeding, 61 talking on the phone and 61 drıvıng with no road tax!!!

But nothing about drink driving as Mr AJ says in Msg 2.

Ps, I have Fostered 2 & adopted 1. (dogs)

Tootie

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
18/02/2010 23:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Would it be possible to have a couple of police cars driving up and down the main road (1 one way and 1 the other way) constantly? If folk saw more active patrolling, do you think this may help?

DD

newscoop

Message Posted:
19/02/2010 11:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

So how many of Daisy's quoted figures were drink related?

As much as I hate to say it speed bumps may be necessary for stretch before and after Hos Bes.

gates

Message Posted:
19/02/2010 15:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

i dont know about drink driving killing lots of people the driving test for most is none existant out here fag in one hand mobile phone in the other and stearing with your knee is not part of the driving test in england but appears to be top of the list over here so pahaps the police are right in some respecks pahaps its just the fag they have wrong were are you looking when you light it not at the road food for thought

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
19/02/2010 16:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Unfortunately 'speed bumps' are not the answer. In most European countries they are removing speed bumps because of the dramatic delay in response times that they cause to emergency vehicles.

The only way is a massive education drive and heavier penalties.

AJ

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
19/02/2010 18:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Or maybe a couple of constant patrol cars driving up and down the main road....? And as for the death traps, more commonly known as dolmus....i think all the drivers need to take more driving lessons, and also better MOT's done.....I even have a regular dolmus that actually has a tv situated next to the steering wheel!!

DD

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.