North Cyprus Tourist Board - Mates Kitchen open to partnership offers
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Mates Kitchen open to partnership offers

Mates Kitchen open to partnership offers

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

mates

Message Posted:
22/02/2010 14:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 24 in Discussion

Mates Kitchen Restaurant, on the Karaoğlanoğlu main rd, near to G.A.U crossing next to Homefront. Newly open business open to lease sale or partnership offers.

Tel: 0542 867 0700

e-mail: mateskitchen@gmail.com

loulou

Message Posted:
22/02/2010 14:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 24 in Discussion

bloody hell that didnt last long eh??

MaggieAndBernie

Message Posted:
22/02/2010 14:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 24 in Discussion

I don't think it even opened!

everon

Message Posted:
22/02/2010 15:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 24 in Discussion

yes it opened, but we never saw anyone in there x

metin

Message Posted:
22/02/2010 15:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 24 in Discussion

Went to someones leavıng party there. Lovely people, but I thınk the locatıon ıs wrong. Too many of the same sort of places around.

Shame really.

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
22/02/2010 15:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 24 in Discussion

The location is definately not right, somehow.

negativenick

Message Posted:
22/02/2010 15:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 24 in Discussion

or as my old Uncle Percy used to say "the only way to make a small fortune nowa days is to start with a large fortune and loose most of it"......

TheScarlets

Message Posted:
22/02/2010 16:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 24 in Discussion

It's in a great location with lots of parking. They never advertised or put themselves around to try and get more business. Perhaps people thought it was a sex shop!

The bar upstairs you get to by a dangerous set of steps at the back, you wouldn't find them easily in the dark. When I was there in November the plumbing for the toilet was not connected so poor Angie had to get a bucket from elsewhere and flush things down. They ran out of beer several times as they would only have a few of each. The TV system was always on the blink. The drinks were not the cheapest either

As for a partnership you've got to be kidding. They have alsolutely no idea of business. Shame as the place is really nice both in the restaurant and upstairs in the bar

professoregit

Message Posted:
22/02/2010 16:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 24 in Discussion

Looks nice from the outside but one would be hard pressed not to assume the place was a kitchen showroom.

The establishment's name "Mates" not exactly the most original, was that not a brand name for condoms

some years ago? Anyhow, best of luck to the owners and possible partners, change the name and get a

better set of signs outside.

negativenick

Message Posted:
22/02/2010 19:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 24 in Discussion

perhaps "Billy NO Mates " ???

cyprusjoker

Message Posted:
22/02/2010 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 24 in Discussion

Mates, im sure you really wanna hear all this about whats been said of your place, what a bunch of ??????.

Why people knock tryers is beyound me, im sure you have your reasons.

Good luck for the future..

TheScarlets

Message Posted:
22/02/2010 19:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 24 in Discussion

I've used the place on several occassions and want it to succeed because it is close to me. However, the experiences have been poor for example, no water in toilets, running out of Efes when there have only been four people in the bar all day etc etc

juliamoons

Message Posted:
23/02/2010 09:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 24 in Discussion

Well we went and had a fabulous english breakfast there a while back. The service was good and the price was good. They also have internet access if you want to take your laptop. I agree about the signage and not a good choice of names.

andrew4232

Message Posted:
23/02/2010 09:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 24 in Discussion

i think its closed now anyway its been closed up for the past weeks when i have driven past it, i agree terrible name who ever thought of that must have been pissed at the time !

Harold2555

Message Posted:
23/02/2010 10:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 24 in Discussion

I am reminded of the line from Coyote Ugly

"Why did you call your bar that?"

"Because Friends was taken"

Harold

mates

Message Posted:
23/02/2010 17:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 24 in Discussion

Most valued Cyprus44 subscribers; I have read , with due attention, all the comments sent to us but I see that we have comments from customers as well as from people who have never set foot inside our establishment, Mates Kitchen. It looks as if all of you seized the opportunity to say what you dared not to mention to our face. Those of you who did not like the location of the restaurant , do you realise that this was only restaurant on the left hand side of the main road going from Girne to Lapta with a large car park and a luxuriously designed interior.Our choice of the name 'Mates' was to make you feel in a sincere atmosphere. It is only natural that some of you liked the name and some of you did not. It is true that we had problems with the water supply to certain parts of the premises but this was solved by replacing the water pumps. We bought beer from outside because when we finished the cold beer in our refrigerators we bought cold beer from our other establishment instead ...

mates

Message Posted:
23/02/2010 17:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 24 in Discussion

of serving warm beer to our customers. This is not something to be criticised, it should be praised but it is obvious that those who criticised obviously have no good will or intention in their hearts. We have many who have visited our restaurant and have parted satisfied and one or two who were not. This is normal. We ask you to make your comments on your personal experience and not on the hearsay of others!

Yours,

Mates Kitchen

rowlo

Message Posted:
23/02/2010 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 24 in Discussion

good luck .

Lilli

Message Posted:
23/02/2010 18:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 24 in Discussion

to mates, i have only been in once to see angie, i found it a nice place, however i know how very hard this job can be to try to cater for all. I wish you all the luck in any venture. I have been to restaurants in the harbour where you are charged stupid money for inferior food, and had to use the next doors toilets. The excuse then was this is cyprus. Things have moved on here quickly and expectations with it. Try again with what you have now learnt. Sadly here a lot do go on heresay, as maybe thier time is so short on holiday etc to adventure into the unknown. Any help I can offer I would be happy to share with you. Im no expert and god knows we are all going through it but if we cant help each other then its a sad place. Please re think your policy these two months have been so hard for circunstances outside all our control xxxxx

Texas

Message Posted:
23/02/2010 18:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 24 in Discussion

I also thought it was a kitchen showroom.

If I was interested in a new kitchen I would have visited (and told you to your face that I did not realise it was a bar/restaurant).

I maybe in the minority.

On another note, I find it amazing that various bars/restaurants open with fantastic locations/beautiful interiors/state of the art kitchens, etc, but for some reason after spending well over £100,000+++ they do not budget for marketing/promotions.

I am currently working on some ideas which will see restaurants offering great offers for regular committed customers. Will it work? it depends on whether the owners can see over the till!

Marketing is more than free coffee & crap brandy!

Lilli

Message Posted:
23/02/2010 18:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 24 in Discussion

texas you are right only the other day i was told to offer more than brandy and coffee free, the bars opening now most certainly do not. I think why a lot go out of buisness is they give so much free . The costs have escaled since we all came here where this was the norm but not so much now. would gloria jeans give you this, no but i bet they are buisier than the little restaurant who is expected to give it free xxxx. the difference is the customers, the new young customers would never expect it, go to tangotobudda and see how busy they are with not a free drink expected.

mates

Message Posted:
23/02/2010 18:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 24 in Discussion

Thank you for the right minded comments.

Texas

Message Posted:
23/02/2010 21:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 24 in Discussion

I remember in the UK, sales people were selling "memberships" to local restaurants.

This was the idea: The customer paid £25. The salesperson got £15. The sales company got the rest. The restaurant got nothing! They were sold door-to-door.

But what was the "membership"? It was an offer for 1 diner receives their main course (the cheaper) for free. It can only be used once per month for 12 months, cannot be used with restaurant specials, cannot be used on Saturday nights/Bank Holidays, etc. It was also transferrable.

So the customer paid £25 and got 12 main courses for free. The restaurants got regular customers on nights that were not normally full, sold starters, deserts and drinks, got tips as well, all for the cost of the cheapest main course.

The customer won. The restaurant won. The salesperson/company won.

So, who will be the first?

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
24/02/2010 07:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 24 in Discussion

Texas,

I tried to do a similar exercise with one of our local, and at the time, well loved restaurants, but sadly it all fell through because all he could see was the money he was losing on the one free meal every couple of months!!

Also trying to offer a bottle of wine, for example, after a certain number of meals had been purchased plus other idea's but ........ he was so short sighted.

I wish Mates, Liz and Guido and all restaurants good luck in these hard times.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.