North Cyprus Tourist Board - Dog Registration in Girne
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Dog Registration in Girne

Dog Registration in Girne

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
22/02/2010 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Can anyone tell me the routine for getting a dog licence in Girne ? I have used the search facility but this has only given me info on the annual reistering of dogs in Lapta/Alsancak.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

nurseawful

Message Posted:
22/02/2010 15:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Paul,

We have to get our licence from the Belidiye in Lapta so I would presume it is the same in Girne.

Hope all is well with you.

Chris

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
22/02/2010 16:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Thanks Chris

Will try the Belidiye in Girne, just thought that I might also need to visit the Veterinary Dairesi ?

Paul

mamachina

Message Posted:
22/02/2010 16:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

You need the green card that is given with the "official" yearly worming! My vet said I didnt need it, but when I went they said I did - go to the Vet dept. other side of road from hospital!

rowan

Message Posted:
22/02/2010 23:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

my dogs are registered in Girne. If you take the road to the market (the main road to the market between fountain roundabout and the Nicosia road roundabout, the same road where the main police station is) as you approach the market, look to the left and there is abiulding marked Girne beledyere. Go round the back of that and take the stairs . At the top go into the office on the right. This is where you register the dogs. Usually there is a lady in there with reasonable english who will take the details, issue the paper and the number tags for the collars. As for price, neutered females last yeAR WERE 12TL PER DOG, OR TO COORECT, PER BITCH .. OOPS THE COMPUTER HAS TAKEN OVER THE TYPING!!

joandjelly

Message Posted:
23/02/2010 00:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Thanks for the info Rowan but just to clarify, when you go to the office do you need to take the green "worming" book with you and the vet book showing all the vaccinations etc? We did go into the Veterinary Dairesi a while back but they said they wanted to see the dog and we haven't been back since.

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
23/02/2010 13:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Thanks for the advice so far. Grateful if anyone can clarify the requirement for the green 'worming' book as both my dogs have had all their innoculations, rabies, leish, parvo etc and are wormed regularly.

Regards

Paul

joandjelly

Message Posted:
23/02/2010 14:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Paul if you live in the Lapta area (includes Karsiyaka and any villages that come under Lapta Belediyesi) then you have to register your dogs and have the yearly worming done by them. This was done in June last year over a period of a couple of weeks. Even if you have regular worming at your vets you still have to have the Belediye worming (injection or tablets) and they issue you with a green booklet. Not sure what happens in other areas.

rowan

Message Posted:
23/02/2010 15:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

sorry to disagree with Joan and jelly, I live in Lapta, the bloke was never there when I wanted to see him so I went to Girne, no problem.

Back to the query re worming card.

I dont have one. I just took the book the vet gave me which shows the dates of their inoculations,front line and worming programme, no problem.

Hope this is helpful

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.