North Cyprus Tourist Board - Invite to a coffee morning to help a homeless couple
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Invite to a coffee morning to help a homeless couple

Invite to a coffee morning to help a homeless couple

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Maz

Message Posted:
25/02/2010 20:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

If you should find yourself at Karsiyaka on the morning of the 2nd March, why not call into the Park Cafe there, and enjoy coffee aqnd cake for only 5tl, and buy yourself a bargain in, household linens, clothing, bric a brac _ and more.

Dot and Helen are trying to raise £10,000 for a home for a couple in Karisyaka whose home is now condemned.

No help from the government, or the council, or anywhere else at the moment. So far, Dot and Helen have raised £1000 in just a few short months, and with your help they can get the other £9,000.

A chance for a nice morning out , meet new folk, get some bargains and know you are helping a couple in need.

By the way, they would have got help from the Welfare Fund but it all had to go to Guzelyurt flood victims.

See you there??????10a.m. to 1p.m.

Maz

Message Posted:
25/02/2010 23:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Just pushing this back up so the max number of people can read it before it falls off the page.

By the way, the Park Cafe is a lovely 'ethnic' place, at the 'square' at Karsiyaka, and on the right if going from Kyrenia/Alsancak/Lapta.

And if you have anything youdon't need that could be sold, why not bring it with you????

flowerfairy

Message Posted:
26/02/2010 09:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Just to let you know, the Park cafe serve lovely pide at a very reasonable price too.

I hope it'll be a fine day on March 2nd.

chinaeyes

Message Posted:
26/02/2010 10:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Can't the SOS help these folks out,maybe Dot and Helen could get in touch with Teresa.They help familys out in Lefcosia who are going through a rough time.

Will be along to support them on the 2nd.

Maz

Message Posted:
26/02/2010 23:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Nice idea, China eyes. This couple had their own home but it was one of the first to be condemned during the first rain of the season. They have the ground on which to put another home - renovating the present one is not an option. I have photos, but I can't upload them (calling for Hans, here!). Some generous soul on the board has already offered to help with money for renting, but Dot and Helen who are the great heroines of this story have tried everywhere, but they need MONEY to buy a new prefab. Cost £10,000, and SOS are wondering but help with the practical such as clothing, goods for the home etc.

So, really the only way is what Dot and Helen are doing - raising money. I think they are so fab to be doing this, that they deserve support. And of course, as I say, these are the first flood victims of the season. So hope some of you can make it as well as give to any other appeals for the victims of this week-end.

Helping these folk is making the bad, good.

Lilli

Message Posted:
26/02/2010 23:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

please be to divine god there wont be any more in this state xx

chinaeyes

Message Posted:
27/02/2010 08:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Sorry Marion,i didn't mean that Helen and Dot shouldn't continue with their fundraising,just to ask for some extra help with household items and clothing from the SOS.

See you on the 2nd

Pipie

Message Posted:
27/02/2010 09:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Could they not arrange a self build with help from all of the villages and approach a building company to lead the project . I feel sure some reputable company such as Carringtons would gladly help . Just a thought !!!

Maz

Message Posted:
27/02/2010 15:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Good idea Pipe, and all I know is from conversations with Dot aND hELEN. I think they have tried all avenues, and it is already a lot of help from the village. One builder has offered to make the concrete base for the pre-fab, others have offered to loan plant, and yet others will help out physically, so there is a building company involved. But IO will suggest to Dot and Helen that they could approach Carringtons.

So are you coming on Tuesday and you can talk to the ladies yourself - I am just the P.R lady, really!

everon

Message Posted:
27/02/2010 15:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

sounds good! see you Tuesday x

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
28/02/2010 09:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Which is the park cafe?

Maz

Message Posted:
28/02/2010 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Sorry, Stella. Park Cafe is opposite the old Property Centre at Karsiyaka, where on the right (if coming from Kyrenia) is the 'square' with the coffee shops etc. The Park Cafe is right on the corner, and you can drive in (first into the square, and then into the Cafe). So, it is on th e main road, and if you end up with the beach on your right, you have gone too far!!!!!

See you there?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.