North Cyprus Tourist Board - what should i know when buying property
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > what should i know when buying property

what should i know when buying property

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

sylvie

Message Posted:
26/02/2010 08:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 23 in Discussion

so i might get answer this time :

what precautions must people take when buying a property to a previous owner - if they do not have their deeds in their names, land or house -

does estates agency have to make sure the transaction can be made before to approve to contract

what taxes have to be paid by the buyer

when the person is TC , is it easier

thanks for giving me informtions becase i heard so many stories that i just don't know who to believe and the bst informations are the one people went through !

hope this message stays in the front page forum because i used the wrong words

cooper

Message Posted:
26/02/2010 09:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 23 in Discussion

Have a look at this link, there's a lot of useful info on it - http://www.hbpg-trnc.net/

Also this link shows all taxes payable - http://www.nmplegal.com/pdf/GUIDE%20TO%20TAXES%20FOR%20PROPERTY%20TRANSACTIONS.pdf

Cooper

sylvie

Message Posted:
26/02/2010 09:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 23 in Discussion

i read, but to make it simple does the owners of the house have to have the title deeds in theirs name before selling because if they don't how can they sale the house to someone else because the house belong to the owner of the land even if he paid it ! am I right?

and what to think of the DONAGHY AND BEYLER estates agent ?

cooper

Message Posted:
26/02/2010 09:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 23 in Discussion

Details here - http://www.hbpg-trnc.net/documents/resales.html

Sorry dont know to much about that Estate Agent.

Dixie Normus

Message Posted:
26/02/2010 09:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 23 in Discussion

Keep your eyes wide open, estate agents and solicitors will not always give you a true and honest account as basicly they just want to get your dosh. If you have assets in an Eu country they are at risk, exchange land is a high risk, you wont get deeds for turkish title if you are not a local, Pre 74 title costs a bomb, dont buy off plan as you will be shafted. Come here rent, learn the pitfalls, then make your mind up if its worth the bother owning a property in an unrecognised, corrupt rubbish infested backwater. On the positive side, the sun shines , low crime rate and its a nice place to live.

D.N

sylvie

Message Posted:
26/02/2010 09:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 23 in Discussion

thanks for the info but i am trying to find out how it works i am not involved in anything now a day

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
26/02/2010 09:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 23 in Discussion

Advocates have not contested they have no 'duty of care' towards clients and estate agents are only 'land sharks', gleaning their ill-gotten commission through deception.

Should they fail you - it's YOUR fault, because they have the perfect excuse that 'You didn't ask the right questions!'

If anyone tells you otherwise - don't believe it!

As for the 'owners' of the house having the title deed in their name' - do you mean the 'occupier', who may, or may not, have paid for the property in full, or what TRNC law deems ownership - e.g. the landowner, developer, builder - or, if Ech property, what the EU/UN/International community deems ownership - i.e., the former Greek Cypriot owner pre 1974?

Before committing yourself to purchase, please note: 'caveat emptor!'

Aga Buyers A G

Message Posted:
26/02/2010 09:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 23 in Discussion

Tenakoutou

'caveat emptor!' = Tough, get stuffed and now go away !!!!!!!

http://latchfords.spaces.live.com

xx

sylvie

Message Posted:
26/02/2010 10:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 23 in Discussion

thanks for info but as i said my husband is TC and we are not comitted in any buying it is because i want to understand and try to get information about how it works -

it is so different from my country !

Bradus

Message Posted:
26/02/2010 11:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 23 in Discussion

Sylvie,

you are in a good position if your husband is TC. This means that you can purchase pre 74 Turkish Title deeds which are 100% internationally recognised and deemed to be the only safe deeds to purchase.Unfortunately these deeds are not issued to foreigners.

If you see property you like the first thing you need to do is apply for your permission to purchase. When you have this you are safe to proceed.Draw up your own contract which states that you will only hand over money when you receive the title deeds.

Estate agents are simply shop windows for selling their properties. Do not let them become tangled in your purchase

In short only agree to hand over money on completion of your contract.It is the only safe way in the TRNC. A honest seller and developer would have no problem with this.Property is not selling well (Oram's and poor publicity) so you can dictate the way forward and safe guard your purchase.

malsancak

Message Posted:
26/02/2010 11:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 23 in Discussion

I think that as a TC there will be no need for PTP

Oleander

Message Posted:
26/02/2010 11:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 23 in Discussion

Blimey! If I'd posted with any of the caution advised above - I'd have been accused of trying to bring the TRNC down singlehandedly, and called all sorts of nasty names.

Well done. Some sense at last.

Bradus

Message Posted:
26/02/2010 12:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 23 in Discussion

Sadly all honest debate and balanced argument left the forum ages ago. Fact - It is now not possible to give advice or bring to the attention of others the many problems that exist in the TRNC. Anyone doing this is immediately classed as a GC sympathizer or ridiculed.

This approach is worrying because if one was considering purchasing, it is easy to be influenced by statements like,"the Orams case is a one off, the market is still strong, the TRNC government have guaranteed all property purchases" and the hundreds of other statements that quite clearly show that people bury their heads in the sand and have no real grasp of the existing problems. Nor do they research exactly what is happening here.

Things will never change for the better because of the existing attitude of "don't rock the boat, you are a guest in this country. I purchased with no problems"

What is needed is the ability to deal simply with what is right and what is wrong and honest appraisal.

kaiserphil

Message Posted:
26/02/2010 12:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 23 in Discussion

I think the Donaghy and Beyler partnership split long ago. There was then Fraser and Beyler, but I am not sure if they are still going.

Or have I got that the wrong way round?

sylvie

Message Posted:
26/02/2010 12:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 23 in Discussion

honestly, to my point of view, precautions to take :

a TC doesn't need a permission but he must see the titile deed of the seller if ok them get a reliable solicitors and buy the sollicitor has to enquiry about mortgage or not before doing the transaction - if he is a good one he will -

thanks all f you things are a bit more clear to me now

HildySmith

Message Posted:
26/02/2010 13:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 23 in Discussion

NEVER buy off plan

NEVER use an advocate recommended by your estate agent - Check them out first and get terms in writting

Buy pre 1974 Turkish title deed property ONLY

Check the house out in this weather and see where the leaks are (our rented property is like a collender) Also see if the ground level avoids floods - seen a lot of flooded houses today - sandbags out over the road.

make sure the property has proper electric and not builders or neighbours electric

gates

Message Posted:
26/02/2010 14:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 23 in Discussion

i have always found donaghly & beyler to be good to deal with and i know many of there clients that has been more than happy with there services and in some case palled out the oracle for some i know but you cant please all all the time and i think that goes across the board

Aga Buyers A G

Message Posted:
26/02/2010 14:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 23 in Discussion

" Blimey! If I'd posted with any of the caution advised above - I'd have been accused of trying to bring the TRNC down singlehandedly, and called all sorts of nasty names "

No thats reserved for us !!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oleander

Message Posted:
26/02/2010 17:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 23 in Discussion

Msg 13,

Excellent post. But we have to ask ourselves, why do people who try to warn others of these dangers end up with certain BB figures trying to silence them?

stevie-d

Message Posted:
27/02/2010 10:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 23 in Discussion

Donaghy & Beyler are a very good company.

stevie-d

eager

Message Posted:
27/02/2010 12:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 23 in Discussion

Surely the best answer is... Don't,

Wireless

Message Posted:
27/02/2010 17:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 23 in Discussion

Having bought off plan I'd advise (and this is for anywhere in the world)

Go - see it look around the rooms - be happy teething problems are sorted - electric connected - deeds in hand - hand over your cash get your deeds - job done

On this basis it is the easiest place in the world to buy.

phylray

Message Posted:
28/02/2010 18:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 23 in Discussion

I bought off plan too, and it turned out even better than I thought, apart from a few design

problems which were put right by the developers.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.