North Cyprus Tourist Board - Seaterra
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Seaterra

Seaterra

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read SeaTerra Esentepe North Cyprus property review

Marina

Message Posted:
13/06/2008 13:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 37 in Discussion

Hi All,

Any more news about Seaterra Bay access?

Pipie

Message Posted:
13/06/2008 13:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 37 in Discussion

are you on the Sea Terra's forum ? plenty news there , hope this helps

sonia2469

Message Posted:
13/06/2008 22:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 37 in Discussion

How do you get on the Seaterra forum?

keith

Message Posted:
13/06/2008 23:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 37 in Discussion

Forward me your details and i wil pass on to the forum manager we are on the marina

Marina

Message Posted:
14/06/2008 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 37 in Discussion

I was about to purchase on Seaterra Bay but have put it on hold until I have more news about a proper road access.

There are different stories. I would welcome an update from someone who has bought there rather than Seaterra themselves.

Many thanks.

Pipie

Message Posted:
14/06/2008 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 37 in Discussion

Hi Marina .

We purchased on the Sea Terra Marina site 2005 and all is coming together quite well , our apartment had a good finish with hardly any snaggings .the best advice i can give is to visit all sites and speak to owners ,re the entrance road at the bay i think this is down to a local owner who had been paid for the road but now wants extra money . E-mail me off board if you want any more info ,hope this helps , happy to oblige .

McSteviet

Message Posted:
14/06/2008 12:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 37 in Discussion

Whats the secret here. Why will no-one post whats going on. Why do you have to be a member of the Seaterra forum to find out.

This should be general knowledge, so come on tell us all.

MC

simbas

Message Posted:
14/06/2008 12:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 37 in Discussion

hi mc , perhaps it's an exclusive site !!

Pipie

Message Posted:
14/06/2008 12:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 37 in Discussion

The sea terra forum is just for owners , there are 3 complexes finished , 2 more in the building stage , just herad through the forum that Sea Terra Reserve has won an award , will update you when i know more . Hope this helps

millzer

Message Posted:
15/06/2008 12:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 37 in Discussion

MC, there is a dispute over the access road (it's a dirt road at the mo') to the site and the 'owner' (confusion over who the owner is!!) has dug up the dirt road. So, in order to get to it owners have to take an alternative route (pref in a 4x4 or a Boat!) Apparantly the owner/former owner/whatever, & Seaterra have been to court and the judge has told them to sort it out between themselves. Confusion reigns.

jackd

Message Posted:
15/06/2008 14:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 37 in Discussion

Hi to all

New to the forum we have bought with carrington a first class outfit

i think they come over as a real family company

very helpfull as was the littlevilla company estate agents richard & paul

I think deniz sihir (sea magic ) will be excelent whe complete

only 19 left out of 76

Marina

Message Posted:
16/06/2008 09:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 37 in Discussion

I would have thought the best advice would have been from people who have bought from Seaterra. However, one needs to be a Seaterra property owner to join their forum.

Any information about the Seaterra Bay access would be appreciated as I am still considering buying there.

Many thanks.

Pipie

Message Posted:
16/06/2008 10:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 37 in Discussion

Hi Marina .

Will update you as soon as i hear re access to the Bay , however the other news is that they have put sand on the beach at the Bay , the photos look good . Hope this helps .

sonia2469

Message Posted:
17/06/2008 18:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 37 in Discussion

Marina

We have purchased on the Seaterra Bay site and so far everything is fine, apart from a few remaining snags and obviously the access road.

We have been told that this issue with the access is to do with the original land owner being greedy and wanting more for it than was originally agreed, it is not going to be an ongoing court case the judge is going through the doumentation relating to the sale and hopefully all should be resolved at the end of this month and then the access will be completed.

Don't let this put you off Marina, there is still access to the site (a little bumpy) but once on the site they are doing a fantastic job of the gardens and are working their way through the snags.

Marina

Message Posted:
17/06/2008 21:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 37 in Discussion

Hi Sonia,

Thanks for the information but I have today been told there is going to be a full hearing expected to last 3 -4 years since the issue is not just about the access. Apparently, the owners of Seaterra have acted illegally and there is also a dispute with the land office about the location of two of the apartment blocks. They are built partly on government land!!

Although I like the site, I have now decided to look elsewhere.

Bradus

Message Posted:
17/06/2008 23:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 37 in Discussion

Would you disclose where this information came from. Is it a reliable source? If this is true it will have masive implications for many members.

Colliedog

Message Posted:
17/06/2008 23:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 37 in Discussion

Hi Sonia,

This is very valuable info you have and it would help everyone who uses this forum to get a better understanding of what is going on. Could you update info and if possible keep us updated if you have any more. People need to know what is going on, but only if the info is genuine. This will help those that are thinking like you were of purchasing on the Bay, which could result in their dreams being "shattered" help them please. This is what this forum does HELP EVERYONE IF THEY CAN.

Colliedog

Message Posted:
17/06/2008 23:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 37 in Discussion

Last message should have been for Marina. Sorry

Marina

Message Posted:
18/06/2008 09:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 37 in Discussion

The information came from a person who put a report together for a group of investors from London who were offered the remaining units at Seaterra Bay at highly discounted prices.

I will keep you updated but I am now looking to buy elsewhere.

Pipie

Message Posted:
18/06/2008 09:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 37 in Discussion

Hi Marina .

Did you by any chance have a look at Sea Terra Marina complex , if so would like know you're thoughts

seaterra

Message Posted:
18/06/2008 13:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 37 in Discussion

This forum topic was kindly sent to me by a concerned customer who thought we should know about this incorrect information being posted. Please note that this is a one time only post to provide facts, anyone who would like more information can contact us directly at info@cyprus-seaterra.com .Re Marina’s post number 15; this is incorrect and libellous information. Here are the facts:

1. The case is to be ruled upon next week, we have been negotiating to resolve this matter with the land owner out of court, hence the delay.

2. We have stamped approval from the planning office showing the agreed road access.

3. The original sale agreement with the land owner includes a condition stating that the vendor agrees to give road access, final payment for the land was paid when we received the above mentioned approval from the land registry as per the contract.

4. We have at no time acted illegally.

5. SeaTerra Bay has received final approval from the authorities; this would not have been granted if there was one square meter built on illegally.

6. SeaTerra Bay owners have already registered their contracts with the land registry as per the new estate agents law; again this would not have been possible if there was one single issue of wrong doing on our part.

7. Kibtek have built all the electricity lines along this road; if it were not fully approved, they would not have been able, or willing to do this.

8. We at no time offered large discounted apartments to any investors in an attempt to off load illegal properties on the site, there are none.

9. We have worked very closely with the local authorities and they are very aware of the positive changes we add to the areas, even working with them to improve adjoining areas, like those at SeaTerra Marina, where the additional costs for these outside area improvements were met by us.

Regarding post number 19, we would welcome the opportunity to meet with the person who compiled this report and discuss these libellous and wholly incorrect statements.

Please contact us at the above email address if anyone would like to see ANY documentation as proof of any statements above, we are more than happy to provide full information for those wanting it. This includes land searches and approvals that show we have complied with each letter of the law for the whole project.

Marina

Message Posted:
18/06/2008 14:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 37 in Discussion

Hi Seaterra

If what you say is correct, why do you have to negotiate with the land owner out of court?

Or even more strange, why are you in court in the first place?

In any case I will be in Cyprus in July to view some other developments.

Good luck to you.

sonia2469

Message Posted:
18/06/2008 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 37 in Discussion

Marina

As stated before, the reason Seaterra are in court in the first place is due to the previous owner being greedy and wanting more than was agreed for the land and I would of thought it was obvious why they tried to negotiate out of court first, to save cost & time.

Good luck with your trip in July

batterboy58

Message Posted:
18/06/2008 21:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 37 in Discussion

It was me that brought this matter to Seaterras attention, in order for them to have the opportunity to respond directly to these spurious posts.

Seaterra are to make a full disclosure of the facts along with supporting documents to all us Bay owners in the next 24hrs in order to reassure any customers who may be worried.

Whatever anyone may have heard about Seaterra, and I am not denying that there have been and still are some problems, there is no doubt that they are one of the most reputable developers in North Cyprus.

And I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

John

Inca999

Message Posted:
18/06/2008 23:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 37 in Discussion

John

I normally say very little on this forum... But on this occasion I must agree with you. We have purchased on the Reserve and to date SeaTerra have always behaved as you would expect from a major developer. I understand from the ST forum that there have been a few issues... But who can say hand on heart that anyone buying a new build house in the UK hasn't had a few issues, snagging I mean.

It strikes me that there are always some members on forums that enjoy post items that they know full well will unsettle other people... This is why I say very little.

Marina

ST have offered a meeting to discuss the issues you have raised.. I certainly hope that you are man enought to put your money where your mouth is and take up there offer... If not maybe you should keep your mouth shut on issues that don't really concern you

Anne

andre 514

Message Posted:
19/06/2008 00:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 37 in Discussion

I would agree with the comments of batterboy...

seaterra are a highly principled and committed team of people

operating in a beautiful and unusual part of the world

beset by a whole range of problems

their prices and related service charges are higher than some

but you do get a high quality development and professional cover

I have found them most helpful when it comes to registering

with kibtek, doing essential snags as quickly as they can, advising etc while

the standard of workmanship in north cyprus has to be monitored all the time and local firms often have to nagged and nagged to deliver on promises

as regards commenting on the road access "problem"

we know there are sinisterindividuals even after thirtyfour years

trying to mess up the north cyprus property sector and we may almost feel sorry for their total lack of insight and the bankruptcy of their agenda:

don't worry my friends the north cyprus property sector is almost capable of self-destruction without the help of you "good guys"

yes presently bay access is a bitch of a problem but even with my fairly hopeless driving manage to get through and looking at seaterra's track record no pun intended there is no reason to be put off by this "little local difficulty"

and if humanly possible am sure it will be sorted very soon

seaterra is a business of course and their philosophy to strive to keep their clients as happy as possible to retain loyalty and positive recommendation

they are a great pleasure to deal with even if I am myself now nearly "borasic"

but if you've a mind to worry, think about the credit crunch, inflation, slump, taxation and stagnation, falling ill overseas, and the "dull it isn't" local driving

and farewell to you mr mrs marina whoever you really are and go in peace

andre

batterboy58

Message Posted:
19/06/2008 01:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 37 in Discussion

Glad to have helped to clear this up,

Anyone considering buying on Seaterra sites can do so with confidence.

pollytat

Message Posted:
20/06/2008 00:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 37 in Discussion

We purchased an apartment on the Reserve in May 2007 when there were only olive trees and rocks on the site, we were told the complex would be completed October 2008. Visiting the complex in May this year all the apartments were built (to a VERY high standard) and the builders were working on the hard landscaping Walls Roads and pathways,visiting Seaterra offices we were told the the complex will be completed by August All beit we will have to wait for the electric meters.

The way the legal system works in the TRNC it will be 2050 before the road issue is sorted, All because the farmer smells more money.

Seatrra and the team that fronts the company are first class.

You can never please everyone and there are those that will moan and moan

and moan thats the way they are and its always before they get the whole story.

Polly

jackd

Message Posted:
20/06/2008 01:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 37 in Discussion

Hi to all

Point of view from myself and my good lady

Lost a lot of money with sea terra

loobie444

Message Posted:
20/06/2008 14:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 37 in Discussion

How could yo have possibly lost a lot of money, unless of course you are an investor and looking for a quick return, it will not happen in the short term?

We are very happy at Seaterra Bay and love our apartment.

loobie

andre 514

Message Posted:
20/06/2008 15:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 37 in Discussion

jackd,

you say you lost a lot of money with seaterra

please explain if you don't mind?

noticed from your earlier "john smith" posting

that you only "looked at" seaterra, not mentioning any lost deposit:

seaterra may agree to return deposit monies subject to a modest fee

if the buyer changes their mind, provided they can sell on the flat...

this is not part of any contract and no business would be bound by it

but it seems to be an unofficial procedure so nobody loses out

if you mean the inspection trip cost you money,

well that is par for the course if you do not proceed to purchase

of course as many contributors would agree, now is the ideal time

to make lots of trips to beautiful and maddening north cyprus

since the whole western property world is currently in freefall

and you are almost spoilt for choice

but as a reminder to new members, please study all earlier

threads for tips, warnings and personal recommendations on

agents, developers, builders and lawyers etc

before you even think of buying in north cyprus

as a matter of interest my greek-cypriot barber lady

told me how her family lost their property in south cyprus

(please note south cyprus not north cyprus)

due to false promises and bogus cheques

but preferring to keep my ears attached to my head

decided not to describe my recent trips to trnc

and for cliff's sake please please get to explore the country first!

andre

Bjarne

Message Posted:
24/05/2009 22:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 37 in Discussion

Hi,

We are about to by a penthouse flat in Sea Terra Bay in Tatlisu from the company Podhorzer & Gal-Sav Properties Ltd. I have tried to access databases of companies registered in TRNC to get information about the company, but have been unsuccessful so far. Is this company the real owner of the Sea Terra Bay development and also a serious company to deal with(through a TRNC solicitor)-?

Pipie

Message Posted:
24/05/2009 22:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 37 in Discussion

I purchased on Sea Terra Marina at Tatlisu , and let me put it this way , we are due to get a deeds shortly , and so is one of the other sites at Esentepe .

sunnyday

Message Posted:
25/05/2009 13:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 37 in Discussion

Bjarne, Seaterra is a trading name. Podhorzer & Gal-Sav Properties Ltd is the name of the company that built the Seaterra Bay development & also the Seaterra Marina & Seaterra Esentepe sites.

Bradus

Message Posted:
25/05/2009 13:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 37 in Discussion

Pipe

"Due to get our deed shortly"

Somewhat vague? Is it not what we have all been told?

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
25/05/2009 13:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 37 in Discussion

do you want your kocan?

best off without it a present ...when "stavros comes calling" give him the name of the owner of the site .

kav

Pipie

Message Posted:
25/05/2009 14:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 37 in Discussion

Bradus , I am on the Sea terra M arina site , and as soon as we recieve deeds ( shortly ) i will post on board .

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.