North Cyprus Tourist Board - knowledge of car radios in Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > knowledge of car radios in Cyprus

knowledge of car radios in Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

LostFound

Message Posted:
03/03/2010 17:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Can anyone suggest where to buy car radios and which one is a good one for my CAMI. Mine is 18 months old from the UK and about 3 months ago the CD's started to stick and the eject button did not work. I was charged 50 lire to repair and again the same thing has happened and they say the repair was not under guarantee. So it must be worth purchasing a brand new one. It was LG cd/mp3/wma receiver. (There were times when I put the wrong CD's in and it read Error, did I damage it myself I wonder?

LostFound

Message Posted:
03/03/2010 23:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

back to the top

LostFound

Message Posted:
04/03/2010 17:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

OH DEAR NO RESPONSE!

kiwikid

Message Posted:
04/03/2010 20:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

My husband bought me one last year from panasonic, its fantastic! I can even put my phone through the stereo using blue tooth, so hope fully no more fines for using my phone while driving, husband said he is sure that the stereo will pay for its self with that feature.

The Panisonic shop is in the industeral area in Lefkosa, they have a great range.

Angela

LostFound

Message Posted:
05/03/2010 20:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Angela, can I ask how much it cost you?

kiwikid

Message Posted:
05/03/2010 21:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Sorry, it was a present, so I have no idea. But have been told by others that they are priced well.

kiwikid

Message Posted:
06/03/2010 21:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Sorry was having a Blond moment, its not a panasonic its a Pioneer. Shows how much attention I pay, I have looked at everyday for the past 5 months!!!

LostFound

Message Posted:
07/03/2010 18:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

kiwikid

blame it on the sun.

What would be the benefit of having a USB port in the car radio system. I mean what could I use. Also Bluetooth, what does it mean, how would I benefit from that too. I am not a technical person. They said I can also plug in my Ipod and not sure how to do that either.

kiwikid

Message Posted:
07/03/2010 21:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

The USB port is great, I can put all my Music that I have on my computer on the usb and play it through the stereo, saves having stacks of CD's in the car. Blue tooth, well it took me a while to work this out, but it great, if you have blue tooth on your phone just connect the phone and stereo together, now when my phone rings or I want to make a call it goes through the stereo, I have a little mic on the dash and I can hear through the speakers. It works as soon as I turn the car on even if the stereo is off. I shloud be able to see my phone book and missed calls on the stereo, but that will take a bit longer to work out as I'm like you and not very techno minded, The benifit is that I won't get any more traffic fines. Though I have had some odd looks when i'm talking away and laughing to some one on the phone but it looks like i'm talking to myself.

LostFound

Message Posted:
08/03/2010 22:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Thanks. Went to Lefkosa today and learnt some things. I dont need bluetooth as I already have a hands free phone system that works through bluetooth from my mobile. Dont really need a USB although the one I looked at did have one but more important is a player that takes Ipod cos thats where all my music is stored. Slowly Im getting there.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.