North Cyprus Tourist Board - Recognition for the TRNC - at last!!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Recognition for the TRNC - at last!!

Recognition for the TRNC - at last!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Molly

Message Posted:
06/03/2010 10:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

The ECHR has ruled that the Immovable Property Commission (IPC) is an effective remedy to settle property claims by Greek Cypriots.

This is a tremendous step forward for the TRNC and for all property purchasers.

Compensation is paid by the TRNC purseholders, Turkey, and not by the current owners. This will certainly go some way to help the property sector recovery.

Also see today's Daily Mail article. A positive week for the TRNC.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
06/03/2010 11:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

Dear Molly

The IPC is TURKEY's answer to the ECHR order to provide a local remedy to property claims from displaced folk - mainly GCs.. it is NOT 'recognition' of 'TRNC' .. the properties are still owned by GCs - according to the ECHR - and THAT is why *Turkey* has to do something about it...

hilda

Message Posted:
06/03/2010 11:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

Hello Molly

Hows the job going with the Turkish solicitors,you have been there some years now

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
06/03/2010 11:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Molly,

This is lots of things, but what it isn't is recognition.

MarkVPiazza

Message Posted:
06/03/2010 11:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Let's hope the RoC has got enough money in the kitty to compensate all TCs who have lostb their homes.

I wouldn't wan't to be a GC taxpayer.......

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
06/03/2010 12:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

Or a Turkish one, Mark... far more potential cases...

Stewart

Message Posted:
06/03/2010 12:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

TRNC will be bankrolled by Turkey......who will bankroll GC's...? I think that is the point being made here?....still once the "payoffs" have been made by both sides, wonder what the balance will be?....whatever...hopefully it situation will be closer to some resolution

girne 29

Message Posted:
06/03/2010 13:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

Stewart.

When we say Turkey, we should really say Turkish taxpayer. Maybe they might have something to say on the matter.

The TRNC is in financial trouble regardless of the Orams case , it hasnt been their finest hour when it comes to property and tourism. Regarding the ROC ,while we might gain a sense of ,it serves you right ,you started this legal stuff, it will do no good to have the whole island poor.

This hinging everything on who gains the upper hand on property should have been nipped in the bud by ROC ages ago.We could then have concentrated on the next round of talks instead of the next legal case.

Hopefully ,now that the ROC realise there can be financial problems for them as well as the TRNC ,and the North needs to return to economic stability,talks will move away from brinkmanship.'Money talks bullshit walks'

Maybe both sides should save time and work on the premise that some sort of partition will occur ,and work accordingly.

waddo

Message Posted:
06/03/2010 16:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

Is this situation not a direct result of GC's trying to gain the upper hand on property (nipped in the bud) many years ago anyway? For me, what the GC's attempted to do to the TC's is beyond pardon and forgiveness and I only see the perpetual moans and groans from the poor refugees in the South as a means to make a loud noise and cover up the history of the whole thing.

I would like to see a settlement but first and foremost I would love to see the truth laid out plain and simple to the world from both sides. Then let another party - that has no interest in Cyprus (Pagopago or somewhere) make the final decision on what is to happen to land/property etc.

Bottom line, if there was an invasion and not an intervention then there was a war and and not a peace keeping mission. The GC's say it was an invasion - therefore it was a war - they lost! Get behind it and get on with life.

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
06/03/2010 16:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

Mark;

msg2;

...displaced folk-mainly GCs...

Why mainly GCs?

millzer

Message Posted:
06/03/2010 17:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

It seems some posters on this thread are of the opinion that Turkish & GC governments will be the payers of the compensation! I was always led to believe that the current occupiers were to be the ones who 'may' have to pay compo!!!!! What do you think MarkymarkCY?

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
06/03/2010 19:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

The USA will pay.

Rogerdoger

Message Posted:
06/03/2010 19:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

5m's always correcting people, is he a teacher or an official GC spokesperson

bachelibelly

Message Posted:
06/03/2010 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

G/Cs compensation will be bankrolled by Greece , so no worries there then LOL .......

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
07/03/2010 11:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

Dear Yorg

re msg 10

nothing preferential - just based on proportions..

Millzer:

A GC will tell you one of the main 'beef's they had was that THEY were expected to pay for the consequences for Annan - as if it was all TR's fault .

Pre-Annan there was an international donor's conference - an event where other nations were asked to pledge dosh to help in the event of a YES- YES..

The 'rump' RoC govt TOTALLY discouraged involvement :(

re 14 Bachelbelly : Greece is 'free' of Cyprus - it got her 'in' the EU..

re 13 Rodgerdoger: I note your inability to count the number of m's is as inaccurate as your assessment of my 'bias'... ;) CLUEBAT .. Many GCs would not my continued references to Annan, nor pointing out that the IPC should have been used - I mean REALLY used - as I think it would have extended TR.

Try actually reading my posts..

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
07/03/2010 11:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

Re this sensitive 'Armenian Business'; one can only wonder how long it will be before the Yanks reciprocate with a 'tit for tat' and withdraw their ambassador from Turkey?

This form of 'political crusading' will only serve to alienate Turkey even further from the 'Christian Club'.

Most inopportune timing - with the diplomatic finesse of 'a flying breeze-block'!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.