North Cyprus Tourist Board - A Big thank you to Girne Hospital
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > A Big thank you to Girne Hospital

A Big thank you to Girne Hospital

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

daffodils

Message Posted:
07/03/2010 01:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

A big thank you to Girne Hospital......my partner had a really bad asthma attack due to the recent awful weather conditions and the fact that our new house has been leaking like a sieve. So our kind neighbour and myself rushed him to the hospital and the treatment he received was fantastic and immediate. He stayed in hospital for 3 days and had a full M.O.T, they promptly assessed that he had fluid on his lungs and dealt with that, his blood pressure was sky high, they changed all his medication from the UK (saying that the blood pressure tablets prescribed in the UK were not strong enough for his needs). Pleased to say that his blood pressure after a recent check-up is wonderful (the doctor's words) and he now has a nebuliser for home use.

All this (excluding medication, nebuliser etc;) cost 150TL, for x-rays...stay in hospital...constant care etc;

We were worried at first...... being away from the UK and our first experience of a hospital here but there was absolutely no need

chinaeyes

Message Posted:
07/03/2010 07:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

So glad to hear your partner is better,it must have been frightening for you at the time.I am going to print out all the emergency phone numbers ,hospitals,police,close friends and our address to leave out so can read at a glance.Much easier than trying to remember numbers when there is an emergency or fiddle with the phones like i do.

mags111

Message Posted:
07/03/2010 09:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Glad it was a good experience for your husband to be treated in Girne. I was also treated very promptly when a nail went in my leg. In and out in 6 minutes and only 10 tl for a tetanus. Brilliant staff. Long may it continue.

CarrieRBag

Message Posted:
07/03/2010 09:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Great to hear all the positive feedback so that if I or any of my family ever require that level of medical attention, I will have no hesitation in going to Girne hospital. Thanks.

Earlybird

Message Posted:
07/03/2010 09:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Pleased to hear your partner is better and reassurance for all of us, the care that he received.

puppylover

Message Posted:
07/03/2010 10:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Have to agree with the comments in regards to Girne hospital.

Our neighbours who were here on holiday with their 2 year old knocked on our door late one evening in a panic.

Their daughter had fallen backwards off the sofa onto floor tiles and had a huge lump on her head and did not know where the hospital was.

As soon as we arrived at Girne Hospital and they got out of the car with their daughter a member of staff who was standing outside took them straight in.

The following morning they came round to let us know that their daughter had been immediately seen, examined and kept in for a couple of hours for observation.

They were amazed at the level of service and the speed at which they were seen.

The staff were very reassuring and attentive, even bringing them a coffee while the child was under observation.

There was also no charge for this excellent service.

booitsme

Message Posted:
07/03/2010 10:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Our friend was also treated very promptly at Girne hospital by very competent staff who did their best to keep her calm (NOT an easy task!). She was transferred to Lefkosa State Hospital exactly at the time they stated with full records of the treatment given so far. We were very impressed by the thorough treatment given at both hospitals and a bill of 600TL for 8 days of treatment with various xrays, echo's, scans and meals, plus medication given on the ward I say well done to them. Also the ward in Lefkoska may have looked like it had seen better days but it was so clean - given a FULL clean (even the bed frames etc) every day. Congratulations to both hospitals and NHS???? Watch and learn!

Blackpoolfan

Message Posted:
07/03/2010 22:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

My 4 year old daughter hit her head on a marble table blood everywhere, down to Girne looked like the set from Mash. Straight in stitched her wound staff were brilliant, then stitches out 1 week later at the clinic in Lapta again staff were great. No charge cant praise the service enough.........

scootex

Message Posted:
08/03/2010 15:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Yes the treatment if not the decor is first class my wife was taken by ambulance to Girne then on to Lefkosa after they had stablizes her ,24 hours in ICU and 6 more days in hospital they were brill they may not have much here but the NHS could certainly take a few tips out of their book

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.