North Cyprus Tourist Board - Recommendations wanted for Hip replacement
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Recommendations wanted for Hip replacement

Recommendations wanted for Hip replacement

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all Do It Yourself (DIY) threads posted so far

Lozzo

Message Posted:
07/03/2010 10:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Has anyone had a hip replacement here and if so, can you recommend a good doctor/hospital. Thank you.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
07/03/2010 10:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Lozzo,

If you e-mail me I can let you know approx costs etc and the names of Surgeons that do this procedure.

trnchealthcare@gmail.com

Chris

Groucho

Message Posted:
07/03/2010 12:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

I thought this thread was about somebody who'd lost their mojo...

trooper

Message Posted:
07/03/2010 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

I needed one four years ago and made serious enquiries here and in the south. I asked several surgeons (orthopods) how many of these ops they had done and the answer was always arouned 40/50 max.

I ended up goingback to the UK having found a surgeon in the Bromley area who runs a hip/knee unit where he performs over two hundred proceedures a year......Remember the UK pioneered hip replacement surgery and we are still amongst the best in the world. NHS of course. Although hip replacement is fairly routine youshould remember it is major surgery and you need experts. They are not to be found on this island sadly.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
07/03/2010 13:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Trooper,

I have to disagree with your last statement as I have seen 3 hip replacements here in the last couple of months and all were expertly done and NO wound infections. Although I may add they were very costly.

Chris

bakhyt

Message Posted:
07/03/2010 13:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Sorry trooper,have to disagree , I had a full hip replacement in the south five years ago , not only was the service excelent but so was the price , half of what i was quated in the UK , also no wait ,the opp went well good after care and no problems todate ,to say there are no experts is crap , there are many experts in many feilds , my surgeon had done over 500 , guess you have to look harder.There are also many fine hospitals in Turkey with US ,German and UK trianed doctors .E-mail off board for details

dizzycows

Message Posted:
07/03/2010 13:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Lozzo, if you want the best, GB is the best, I can recommend the surgeon who pioneered the 'Exeter hip replacement', he is at Exeter hospital, and the private clinic Nuffield..... Brill surgeon, if you want can email how much it cost and his name...

malsancak

Message Posted:
07/03/2010 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

I think you'll find that the NHS is cheaper than Cyprus!!! If you're prepared to hobble around for a few years. £7-9000 in the UK if you go private.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.