North Cyprus Tourist Board - Turkcell Router vs. IP Provider
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Turkcell Router vs. IP Provider

Turkcell Router vs. IP Provider

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

KarmiGirl

Message Posted:
09/03/2010 09:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Hello: I'm new to the forum but not to North Cyprus. For the last four years, I have had Sunny Cyprus as my IP provider but they are charging me a monthly fee when I'm not there, plus the connection is problematic. They've tried their best; it could be my location, but my heart is dropping at the idea of having to wrestle with the connection, speed and general periods of blackouts.

Does anyone have any complaints or advice about the Turkcell laptop router? I'm coming out in April and need to decide if I should plug away with Sunny Cyprus or try something newer and more portable for my 3-4 visits per year. Thanks!

willyhoops

Message Posted:
09/03/2010 10:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

yes i would certainly suggest you ditch your microwave provider and go for either ADSL or Turkcell 3G. Since phone lines are hard to get hold of the ŁG route is probably what you going to want. If you are just using a laptop then you can plug the optional Turkcell USB Modem directly into it. If you have multiple computers buy one of these http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/3GMobileBroadband/MBR624GU.aspx in the UK and bring it over with you.

scootex

Message Posted:
09/03/2010 11:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Telsim also do a 3g which is cheaper than Turkcell but I don't think it is quite as good as the Turkcell I used to have not in lapta any way but a friend got rid of his Turkcell in Alsancak in favour of Telsim which he said was better

KarmiGirl

Message Posted:
09/03/2010 12:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Thanks! I will look into Telsim and Turkcell. I'll also look into Netgear since the hubby and kids all have their own laptops and no one wants to share their computers. Plus, they are Mac people...

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.