North Cyprus Tourist Board - travel to and from North Cyprus to the other close country
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > travel to and from North Cyprus to the other close country

travel to and from North Cyprus to the other close country

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

julienbzh

Message Posted:
13/03/2010 11:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Hi All and thank you for this forum. My name is Julien, I am 27 year old, I am French and I am living in Limassol.

As I am not cypriot I do not feel concern about cyprus problem and espacially the fact that Nothern Cyprus is a country to avoid.

I went several times there and I liked it. You feel like visiting another country but with the same culture and history.

I was told that there are some buses which comute between Nicosia and other towns such as Kyrenia.

It is said to be much more cheaper than taking your own car and more convinient also as you do not pay the insurance fees.

Do you know where we can find those buses in Nicosia?

I would like to know also if it is possible to go to turkey, syria or lebanon through Kyrenia or Famagousta by boat or plane. How much it is also?

thank you for your answers

Regards

Julien

Cyprusquest

Message Posted:
13/03/2010 11:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Julien Talk to Tom at flightholiday he is based in the UK but I know has got people flights to Paris and Cairo for people in the TRNC.

His website might be of use to you as it has holidays everywhere. http://www.flightholiday.co.uk (yes I am one of his fans)

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
13/03/2010 12:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Bonjour Julien

je parles francais commes une vache espagnole, so I'll reply in English.

Firstly, in Turkish Limassol is Limasol ! ;)

Second: Buses can be found to the north of the city walls - their destinations are in Turkish .. so Kyrenia is Girne. Why do you think it is cheaper / more convenient than using your own car? The convenience of driving one's own car FAR outweighs the cost of insurance- especially if your car it not expensive - as the insurance is only third party cover and worth approx 2500 Euros

Thirdly: it is only on places like this that you'll find majority support for your contention that you're visiting another 'country' ;)

Forth: I have flown from Ercan [ GCs call it Tymbou ] to Turkey - no problem - I simply crossed the green line at Ledra Palace and found a taxi to the airport

You can take a ferry to Syria and to Turkey

Easier to go to Lebanon via Larnaca

Find a copy of 'A Rough Guide to Cyprus' by Marc Dubin and enjoy ...

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
13/03/2010 12:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

BTW.. I'm guessing you are from Brittany, Julien.. you'll like Kyrenia/ Girne ..

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.