North Cyprus Tourist Board - Hotels in the Iskele/Bogaz area
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Hotels in the Iskele/Bogaz area

Hotels in the Iskele/Bogaz area

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

trooper

Message Posted:
14/03/2010 13:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

I intend to spend a few nights at a hotel in the Iskele/Bogas area in June. Any recommendations would be appreciated. The TripAdvisor site makes it sound as thought they are all dire. Surely not?

AmosKito

Message Posted:
14/03/2010 18:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Hi

Have just joined the forum so this is my first attempt. My wife and I have had a house in the Bogaz/Iskele for nearly 6 years. We know the area quite well but could not hand on heart fully recommend any of the hotels. Dont know about the rooms at the Exotic but the food is good. Have been to a meeting at the Majestic Beach Hotel and this is probably the one we would try if we had to stay in a hotel there. The Salamis has mixed reviews but would avoid the Bogaz Hotel ( we have stayed there).

Hope this helpful-it may help to weigh all the options up together with other information you may have.

PS 'Would thoroughly recommend brandy sours at the bufe in Bogaz Harbour

richb

Message Posted:
14/03/2010 18:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Trooper

The Artemis Hotel in Bafra is ok for a few nights and a good base to explore the Karpaz. Very nice beach.

Rich

Clarissa2

Message Posted:
14/03/2010 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Re : Msg 1,

I definitely recommend Long Beach Hotel, I stayed there last year before moving into my house.

It has the best position in the area - directly on a beach, so you can walk from your room strait to the sea. Beach is cleaned every morning.

Good food ( try their fish as they buy it direct from the fishing boats ) , restaurant has lovely open air terrace overlooking the sea, so I always had my breakfasts alfresco.

Very helpful and friendly staff and, last but not least, very charming (+ highly professional) British managing director.

Also great value for money.

http://www.longbeachcyprus.com

I would NOT recommend Majestic, were I had also stayed before my friends told me about Long Beach. Food was awful, so was the service.

Busy Bees Bogaz

Message Posted:
14/03/2010 20:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Something different? If you would like to stay in our Company apartment which is generally used for inspection trips, you are more than welcome. All that we would ask is that a small donation to the local animal rescue, BARK is made. It is a two bed, two bathroom unit on the Hilltop complex. If of interest, please contact me directly on info@busybeesestateagents-cyprus.com

Many Thanks

carollynne

Message Posted:
14/03/2010 20:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

re Msg 2

I've stayed in the Exotic hotel, the rooms are a bit shabby to say the least, the "suite" we were in had fag burns in the carpet, a tv which looked like it came from the 60s, but the owners were extremely helpful and the food was lovely. On the whole, very cheap and cheerful.

scruff

Message Posted:
14/03/2010 20:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

I have stayed on 2 occasions at the Exotic Hotel back in October 2003 & again in October 2004. The rooms were tired (or were then) but everything like air con worked okay & the beds were comfortable. The English cooked breakfast was fine. We only used it as a base for the Karpaz, which used to be a longer journey from Kyrenia than it is now, with improved roads. Only stayed for 2 nights & found it adequate & reasonably priced back then.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.