North Cyprus Tourist Board - Car Wanted
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Car Wanted

Car Wanted

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Cam75

Message Posted:
09/06/2007 12:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Will it be cheaper to purchase a car from here or the other side keeping it registered on the other side?

Looking to spend about £5k.

Cheers

ttoli

Message Posted:
09/06/2007 16:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

You'd need an address on the dark side, plus 2 lots of insurance

Oknala

Message Posted:
10/06/2007 21:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

We bought a car on the 'other side', cost £3,500, and so far no probs with it, and it seems to be a good work-horse. We have agreed with the garage we bought it from that when our time limit for having it in the trnc is up, we can store it there, they will service, clean etc and hang on to it until we can collect again. They told us when we bought it that it had had 'one female owner', turns out to be true actually, but I'm not keen on the 'Roger Rabbit' seat covers... We had a date to pick up the car, and when we rang to confirm, they said no, we could not have it then as the pump (I'm not technically educated so don't know what pump) was broken and they had to repair it, but we could have it 3 days later.

Did want to take our own car over, but the tax implications just made it impossible. And we did try to buy in the trnc, but what was offered for the same money was just not on, and I know this is due to the high cost of having any car in the trnc - they could not offer the same deal.

Oknala

Message Posted:
10/06/2007 21:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

By the way, the insurance, for both sides, is a pleasant surprise after what we have to pay in the UK!

fanourio

Message Posted:
12/06/2007 15:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

My car is for sale if interested plase email me on fanourio@gmail.com, its in the North and registered in the south.... only for 3000 YTL BMW 316

HER INDOORS

Message Posted:
30/07/2008 18:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Oknala, I was under the impression that if you bought a car in the South you has to put it in for part exchange every year as you could not register it in TRNC. Is this the case please? Thanks Terri

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.