North Cyprus Tourist Board - When buying a resale
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > When buying a resale

When buying a resale

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

johnty

Message Posted:
20/06/2008 15:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Can anyone tell me the sort of taxes or payments i will have to pay on buying a resale property

Chick-a-Dee

Message Posted:
20/06/2008 18:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

I maybe thinking of buying an existing property in N Cyprus, so I have replied to this to bring it back to the top, as I too would like to know the answer. Sorry Johnty that I dont have an answer for you, but ask the same.

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
21/06/2008 01:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

If the property has its Kocan (Title Deed) in place then the new buyer pays 3% Stamp Duty on the contract value that they sign when their Permission to Purchase comes through. To get the Kocan KDV (VAT) and Stamp Duty have already been paid, so only Stamp Duty is due.

If NO Kocan (Title Deed) is in place then the new buyer will pay 5% KDV (VAT) and 3% Stamp Duty on the registered contract value that you sign.

In both cases, 0.5% Stamp Duty will be due when you register the contract at the Tapu (Land Registry) Office.

Other fees will be those levied by your solicitor.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
21/06/2008 11:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

You can elect to pay 3% transfer tax for one time only otherwise it is 6%. So if you have previously bought a property (and paid 3%) or if you think you may buy a more expensive property in the future, then pay 6% this time and save the 3% for the more expensive purchase.

fire starter

Message Posted:
28/06/2008 00:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

make the seller have the plot measured before you buy. we had no problems with anything until we had our plot measured. you can't measure it until you own it, so make the seller measure before you part any cash. we now own 1/2 our neighbours bathroom, another neighbour extention and we are 113m2 in the goverment road. make sure your contract has a clause that in the event of any problems with the land or title, that the seller has large compensation to pay covering you in the courts if all is not what it should be.

cazzie

Message Posted:
04/07/2010 19:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Be very very carefull when bying a resale We bought from a Turk called Kamile in Dogonkoy and he had paid his first lot of taxes but because he had sold more than 1 house he was considered a profesenal and did not pay the extra taxes and can you guess who paid the 10k he owed yes US Also the house had wall to wall cockroachs was very dirty his motto being ifs it broke dont fix it. So be very carfeull

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.