North Cyprus Tourist Board - Can't Find Work in Nicosia ! Help Please !
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Can't Find Work in Nicosia ! Help Please !

Can't Find Work in Nicosia ! Help Please !

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Nicosia Cyprus

amaroks

Message Posted:
18/03/2010 20:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Hi , I'm Lebanese married to Cypriot we got one year old kid , I have been looking for work in cyprus for a year now and can't find any , is there a way i can find work in north cyprus ? is it possible ?

I'm a web designer , front end developer , solid experience in Photoshop , dreamweaver, fireworks , XHTML/CSS

wordpress , and some php&mysql , any help is appreciated

Mody said

Kind regards

Jeannie

Message Posted:
19/03/2010 01:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Hello amaroks - I gather you have been looking for work in ROC for quite a while? Sadly, if you can't find any work over there, I doubt you'll have much success here.

Best of luck anyway.

LondonCypriot

Message Posted:
19/03/2010 05:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Maybe you could do some voluntary work and you never know after??

Albert5

Message Posted:
20/03/2010 00:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Amaroks,

there is work in web design in Nicosia. But probably not working in a company. Knock door by door in different business and offer them a low price. Most of the websites need updating, so your income will be increased later.

If you can cross to the other side and offer low prices (but higher than here), it could work. If you say a high price, they will simply choose another from "their" side.

I don't recommend making a volunteer work here, TRNC is not like other places: you worked for free and that's all.

Really, contact managers and bosses and offer them your websites. It's one of the few things that can give you some money in TRNC. Many people need a website, although they don't want to pay too much. So, another underpayed work, but may help you to survive.

Good luck

Maz

Message Posted:
20/03/2010 00:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Good last comment. Many people have discovered that working for nothing means that they never earn any money. No one goes from paying you nothing to paying you something. Volunteer to help people, yes, but don't expect it to lead to work as it does in other places.

good luck in finding work, but I know of many other couples in the same position as yourself, and they have all been forced to leave.

malsancak

Message Posted:
20/03/2010 12:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

amaroks, perhaps if you had a website and offered your services on that you would show people what you can do. I'm sure no one would object to you placing a link on Cyp44. Unfortunately having web design skills are not as important as being able to sell those skills. Perhaps a site like my son's at http://www.squirglepeep.net will give you some ideas

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.