North Cyprus Tourist Board - Electricity - good contractor needed to install permanent supply
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Electricity - good contractor needed to install permanent supply

Electricity - good contractor needed to install permanent supply

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

owners

Message Posted:
21/03/2010 10:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

We have finally given up hope of our developer returning to site (having left it without an electricity supply). We have a generator but it will not be suitable to run the house full time. As such we are looking to have our own permananet supply installed (just one house) or look at alternative energy sources (solar/wind).

Could anybody recommend an electrical engineer/architect who can draw up plans for the site and project manage the installation via Kibtec. Also has anybody taken this step themselves and what was the cost please?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated as we need to bite the bullet on the cost of this and have the elctricity installed so we can begin using our house.

Thanks

Mark

emineden1

Message Posted:
21/03/2010 10:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Hi there, sorry to hear about your problems. We had similar with 29 properties and employed a company called Cozum. Cannot speak to highly of them, without their support we would not have managed to achieve what we have so far. They are an approved contractor for Kib Tek. The Director Fadil speaks excellent english.

His number is 0533 861 1040

If you have any questions you can also ring me on 0533 862 4001

dennis

owners

Message Posted:
21/03/2010 10:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the post. What was the approximate cost all in? At least with 29 homes you could share it but we will have to accept the cost will be all ours - still at least we get a big garden if the developer never returns!

Also one other problem we have is that as we have no contact with the developer (who returned to the UK), we will not have the site plans.

THanks

Mark

henrik

Message Posted:
21/03/2010 14:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

in your case it seems as if the best and cheapest solution is a renewable energy system.. there are companies in trnc doing such installaitons. see for example http://www.kibsolar.com for european quality, you may also find chinese crap but I would rather not touch.

best regards and good luck.

Henrik

hp Energy Consulting & Trade - Berlin, Germany

emineden1

Message Posted:
21/03/2010 19:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Mark,

so far in excess of £105000, that includes infrastructure, transformer house, villa plans etc. Give Fadil a ring I am certain he will give you good advice.

dennis

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
21/03/2010 19:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

We have so far spent around £15K we are at the stage now where we have 10 posts with cables on them (wich I beleive any ony else can take advantage of us being first, so to speak.

I keep asking is there anything else to pay, and yes it seems to keep costing more and more. for various litle bits.

We hope to get our electric soon.

We have lived for 14 months now on generators, (very limited elec due to cost of fuel etc)

We dealt with Sinsan, in Girne behind DADS cafe. Official contractor for Kibtec,, They where very good Direc tor speaks good English.

The cost for the work carried out by them the posts etc was Approx £7.5K But it is all the other things you have to have.

GOOD LUCK.

elko2

Message Posted:
21/03/2010 20:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

ref. msg. 6,

According to current practice if anybody else makes use of the same facilities within 3 years, Kib tek will collect their share of the cost and pay it to the ones who paid for it.

In one particular instance the original investor complained that the rebate was not enough. the matter went to court and his claim was rejected. My wife acted on behalf of Kibtek so I know all about it. The Plaintiff appealed to the high court and surprise surprise, the decision by Kibtek to make a rebate in such a situation did not go through the proper legal proceedure and hence Kibtek did not have to make a refund at all. This proves my belief once again that there is always a loophole in TRNC if you look hard enough

ismet

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.