North Cyprus Tourist Board - Jailbreak my iPhone and setup 3G Skype for $$
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Jailbreak my iPhone and setup 3G Skype for $$

Jailbreak my iPhone and setup 3G Skype for $$

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

willyhoops

Message Posted:
24/03/2010 19:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

I have an early 3G iPhone with the latest firmware updates. I have no Mac and Pwnage tool only works with it. I will pay any iPhone expert to jailbreak my phone and setup 3G skype (eg http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/skype/how-to-use-skype-over-3g-on-iphone.asp).

Anyone interested? How much?

Cheers...

AllyTT

Message Posted:
24/03/2010 19:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

E-mail me ally.t.t@gmail.com and I'll talk you through how to do it on Windows. No need for $$s. Pwnage also has a Windows alternative.

HNComputers

Message Posted:
25/03/2010 10:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

Theres no need to jail break your iphone for skype....I use skype on my iphone and its not "jailbroken"

If you do jailbreak your iphone it messes up everything....each time there is an update on firmware you have to jailbreak again and again which of course will cost you money.

HNComputers

Message Posted:
25/03/2010 10:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

And also do not use 3g internet here...its a rip off 100 kontor per minute!!! Just use wifi

AllyTT

Message Posted:
25/03/2010 12:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

"Theres no need to jail break your iphone for skype....I use skype on my iphone and its not "jailbroken"

If you do jailbreak your iphone it messes up everything....each time there is an update on firmware you have to jailbreak again and again which of course will cost you money."

You can only use Skype on the Wifi network if it's not jailbroken.

"If you do jailbreak your iphone it messes up everything....each time there is an update on firmware you have to jailbreak again and again which of course will cost you money."

Jailbreaking does not mess up everything, and certainly does not cost money. There are loads of tutorials online on how to jailbreak and unlock if required and there are always people willing to help (for free!) if you're not sure of the tutorials or if things go wrong.

ataturk

Message Posted:
25/03/2010 20:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

Hi there,

Inorder to jailbreak your iphone just download a program called blackra1n from this link http://blackra1n.com/ install it and then plug in your iphone make sure itunes is closed and then hit make it rain and in 1 minute your iphone will be jailbroken. You can then download from cydia the patch that will make skype work via 3g.

proger1

Message Posted:
25/03/2010 21:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

Thanks for adding that ataturk, I wasn't sure if this was a wind up or not because nobody had mentioned balckra1n. I used it first about 6 months ago on a mac but have since used it twice via windows and it has been fine.

The other thing about blackra1n is that it allows you to un-jailbreak your phone after you have unlocked it so if your worried about updates you can always unjailbreak, do the updates through itunes and then jailbreak again for skype 3G although 3g skype in NC is probably more expensive than calling direct. Everyone has free will though. Blackra1n is simple and it is an all in one product so you don't have to go through 3 steps and a dozen restarts just to get comms again

HNComputers

Message Posted:
26/03/2010 12:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

AllyTT I only speak of experience.........our friend had his iphone jailbroken of course i dont know which programme he used and when he run an update on his phone it crashed....to fix the problem he paid 80tl to this phone shop to fix it.

This forum is used to share information

AllyTT

Message Posted:
26/03/2010 16:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

Blackra1n doesn't work on 3.1.3 with a baseband of 05.12.01 which is what we're dealing with here. That's why I suggested talking about it off-board, there is no fit-all solution for the iPhone. 80TL to put an iPhone in DFU mode and reload firmware is a bit steep, especially as it's something that anyone can do with their PC/Mac if you just use google. Whoever did the original jailbreak should have warned against updating through iTunes, there's no need to scare anyone off jailbreaking a phone to be able to use all the available features just because of one bad experience.

HNComputers

Message Posted:
26/03/2010 16:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

Just a warning....I mentioned that the phone was taken to a phone shop in Girne

proger1

Message Posted:
26/03/2010 22:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

AllyTT, I beg to differ on the baseband statement, mu daugfhter upgraded by mstake to 3.1 and the only thing I could find that could unlock again at that time was blackra1n. The other options required using a modified software that would not change the baseband which is too late after you have upgraded. Personally I disagree that this is even required but that is apples choice. I think it is the most fantastic technical development for years but why should I have to pay $500 a second time because I have moved to another country.

I am getting off subject, H&N are advising as you are and I am starting to fall into the trap. There is no point in us disputing what we all believe, it doesn't help the person who raised the original question.

All I will say is this, the iphone is massively rugged and can normally be recovered from any screw up, to require an 80TL fix must have been a huge screw up, or a possible con but that's the chance you take.

AllyTT

Message Posted:
27/03/2010 00:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

proger1,

http://www.techhail.com/iphone/no-jailbreak-with-blackra1n-for-3-1-3-iphones-on-05-12-01-baseband/3205

Sorry. But the latest updates have yet to be jailbroken by anyone, blackra1n included.

proger1

Message Posted:
27/03/2010 00:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

Apologies for not keeping up to date AlyTT. I was talking about the original 3.1 version but I have just reread the original question and you are probably correct, if they have updated to the latest version then for the moment they are stuck but then it won't be long before this one is also cracked.

willyhoops

Message Posted:
27/03/2010 10:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

AllyTT thanks for all you comments here and you private emails which explained all this.

I am sitting here waiting for the 3.1.3 + 05.12.01 jailbreak software to come out and it hurts. So annoying that I upgraded, I never saw the point of jailbreaking until I came across the Skype 3G problem.

You probably saw this already:

http://www.redmondpie.com/unlock-iphone-3.1.3-051201-baseband-video/

The company which did this (the first guys in the world to hack 05.12.01 by taking the phone apart and flashing the rom) are from Istanbul. For 100TL they offered to do it to my iPhone and I am thinking of going over. Thier web site is: http://www.iphoneteknikdestek.com/

Also if anyone has an unlocked jailbroken 3.1.2+ firmware iPhone for sale I might be interested.

ataturk

Message Posted:
27/03/2010 14:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

willyhoops your not the only one waiting I unlocked and jailbreaked my iphone 3gs using blackrain but was getting annnoyed with having to jailbreak it everytime i did a reboot so I used pwnage 3.1.5 to jailbreak it to solve that problem but ended with an error message which there is no solution for at the moment apart from doing a restore to 3.1.3. Just a note that when you finally jailbreak it always restore and never update when upgrading your firmware. If you update you always lose memory space.

ataturk

Message Posted:
27/03/2010 14:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

willy hoops this software is free but i dont recommend trying to go back if you have already updated. i dont think it will be long now

heyyy

Message Posted:
05/04/2010 23:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

Hello...

I have just brought an I Phone 3GS from the UK which is on Orange Pay as u go..I would like to use it in TRNC with my Turkcell sim but I need to get it unblocked. I have heard some horror stories that you can mess it up if not done properly and you cant get updates automatically and other things to function properly...I have looked at a few unlocking websites and i have heard that you can get it unlocked here too...not sure what to do...any advice would be much appreciated?

AllyTT

Message Posted:
06/04/2010 08:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

The important thing is what version and baseband you are running on. If you haven't updated recently you may have a chance. If you let me know what version you are running then I'll see if I can help.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.