North Cyprus Tourist Board - life in cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > life in cyprus

life in cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

kaz191

Message Posted:
23/06/2008 00:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

hi, my name is karen.........considering moving to cyprus and would very much appreciate any valuable help and information.......thankyou

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
23/06/2008 07:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

hi kaz

and wlecome .

lots to consider and i know you will get some good advice here .

things to think of .do you need to work ?what you going to do ....i see hair and nurse ??

you can make a good life but one where you wont be rich ,lol.

why not if you can move out for a few months or a year and dont sell up back home just yet .given present house market it may be wise to do rent it out etc and then move over for a year ,find a place you like and make some contacts and see if you like it.

have you visited before ?

have you been in winter (different again)

hope it works well for you

kav

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
23/06/2008 08:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Kaz,

That is such an open question!!!??? There is loads of info on this BB, as well as the other 20+ around the country.

My advice is to trawl through the posts already here see if there is anything. There is stuff on buying houses, cars, etc, climate, banking, do's and don'ts on all topics. Remember that we all have different views and opinions for example some will tell you not to bother coming here, me - I always say we love it with a couple of small reservations. After 2.5 years living here, I will not even go back to UK to visit, the boss is going back later this week to do some shopping and visit family.

After my bit. LOL Before we made a move we wrote down all things we wanted to know, in general terms as kav has already said the main things - work, buying/renting, getting hair done etc!!!!

Then ask a question or two and follow up with subsequent questions. Again, that is how we first did it 4 years ago.

Good Luck, and ask away. Most of the time people here are friendly but at wrong time of month/year or whatever some bite. My tablets do not always work and I go off the deep end, then I visit trick cyclist for a few sessions. Yes we have good ones of those too!!

David

simbas

Message Posted:
23/06/2008 09:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

hi kaz191 , welcome to the forum , hope you enjoy it and find it helpful , as its already been said , do your homework thoroughly , you cannot do enough research , then and only then , can you make an informed choice , and don't be afraid to call on people's experiences , we were all in your position once

good luck , simbas

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.