North Cyprus Tourist Board - Computer Problem-Any Suggestions?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Computer Problem-Any Suggestions?

Computer Problem-Any Suggestions?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

elko2

Message Posted:
28/03/2010 13:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

After using a computer for a couple of years it slows down very much and we end up reformatting it. We use the computers in the office almost exclusively with Word and occasional Excel. After two years Word documents slow down tremendously but Excel is not affected. This happened with Word 97 and Word 2003. I tried Defrag and also uninstalled Office and back but it makes no difference. When using Word97 the computer was not connected to the internet so viruses was out of question. Anyway only Word is affected and not Excel. We have just formatted the main computer but is there a way to avoid this in the future?

ismet

greenman

Message Posted:
28/03/2010 13:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Is the problem with lost or damaged font files. Had this problem myself and found this resolved it:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280821

elko2

Message Posted:
28/03/2010 14:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Just slow word, otherwise everything else normal

ismet

greenman

Message Posted:
28/03/2010 14:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

I understand what you are saying, but as the 'support' says, when word starts it has to collect fonts and formatting for the saved documents. If some of these were produced in older versions of Word the fonts may have been lost or damaged, therefore it takes longer to find, hence the slowdown.

elko2

Message Posted:
28/03/2010 15:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Greenman,

I have uninstalled the office and installed it afresh and it did not make any difference. On the other hand, after formatting I carried on using the same folderes and files and no problem. If the trouble was withg saved fonts, I would stilll have the same problems after formatting since I carried on using the same files.

ismet

ataturk

Message Posted:
28/03/2010 16:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Personally I have stopped using microsoft office as it is too limited and very slow. If you want to use an alternative try openoffice.org it is completely free and has everything that office has and more, it is also very quick.

You could also try a program called tune up utilities 2010 just google it and download it. Once installed it will tweak up everything on your pc and keep it running smoothly. If you require a serial just look on youtube.

gates

Message Posted:
28/03/2010 17:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

i always take mine to sunnynet next to lemar karakum see volkan he ace and if he does not cure he does not charge if with in a month or 2 goes again he does it for nought give him a go highly recomended

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.