North Cyprus Tourist Board - Ikea
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Ikea

Ikea

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

mishmash

Message Posted:
24/06/2008 23:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

A trip south today resulted in our friends' car getting a flat tyre after being parked in Ikea car park. However on our return north and an investigation - it wasn't a flat but the tyre had been deliberatly slashed with a knife at the top (not sideways where it can be seen). Other friends have since advised that last year there was a number of northern plate cars scratched at Ikea. Be careful maybe scratching has turned to slashing!!!!!! (NB can't forget the kind cypriot who helped change the tyre). Pleased it wasn't my car I have no idea how to change a tyre!!!! - wait for the first helper !!!!

simbas

Message Posted:
24/06/2008 23:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

hi mishmash , how awful ! there is so much hate directed from the south at nc , i sometimes wonder if it will ever be any different , still ! we know we made the right choice buying in nc , no contest , the people are so warm and helpful . i went to sc 10yrs ago , wild horses would'nt drag me there again , i used to fly to larnaca on past occasions but i don't do that any more , no ! i'm happy to say i won't be going into sc again

regards , simbas

mishmash

Message Posted:
24/06/2008 23:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Exactly Simbas! It has made me think again about whether the shopping trips are worthwhile if we're going to be watching our cars. Maybe a week's return to uk for necessities would be easier every so many months and inbetwen give my money to the northern economy instead. Its a real shame - if this really is directed at northern plate cars but i guess its too early to make that assumption yet or is it?

sylvie

Message Posted:
25/06/2008 00:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

one of our friend had his beautiful car scratched as well - they will never change !!!

Nunu1

Message Posted:
25/06/2008 00:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Mindless thugs! Dont forget Turkey beat the Greeks in football last week 4-1 !

So it may have something to do with that?

Vandalism is disgusting and unacceptable! They need to grow up and get with the plan...Whether South Cyprus like it or not they will have to accept that they will have to tow the line more and more with the UN and EU involved!

Personally I say build the wall back up and double the height and lets get on with LIFE in N Cyprus!

nunu1

simbas

Message Posted:
25/06/2008 07:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

hi nunu1 , i think i agree with you

Hilltop

Message Posted:
25/06/2008 08:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

I went to Cornwall a couple of years back and while having a walk my car got scratched. I naturally assumed that it was no random act of mindless vandalism, but an attack on a Grockle (they can tell by the number plates now).

I think we should all avoid going to Cornwall if this type of thing is happening.

I even saw a sign saying Cornwall for the Cornish.

I also got a parking ticket in Colwyn Bay. I was parked illegally, but I am sure he only ticketed me because I am English.

I do not believe I am paranoid nor xenophobic, but it does make you wonder.

simbas

Message Posted:
25/06/2008 08:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

we went to tarragona some 10 yrs ago , it was an apartment , we had a rangerover , the allotted car space was too small so they swapped the spaces , unfortunatly the german gentleman who's space we were given , was'nt happy with the arrangement and was seen in broad daylight keying our car the whole one side , and they were deep not surface scratches , the owners did not accept responsibility and the man in question when approached said prove it !!! he too was a mindless thug , and he was too big and menacing to give him a good slap

mishmash

Message Posted:
25/06/2008 10:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

must be the same all over - but its a sad state of affairs when people decide to stoop so low - what goes around come around so they say!

simbas

Message Posted:
25/06/2008 11:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

yeh ! you got that right

Hot Hornet

Message Posted:
25/06/2008 13:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Buy in the North.

by the way whoever said Turkey beat the Greeks last week, they didn't - not even in the same group!

PtePike

Message Posted:
26/06/2008 12:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

I think people have to get this in perspective. A car got its tyre slashed on the other side. That happened to me in Serbia - but we had just bombed their infrastructure to bits so I could understand someone being a bit peeved to see a "GB" sticker. Did I start blaming all Serbs - some of whom had offered me welcome hospitality? No. The poster on this thread highlighted the fact that someone came to their aid and helped change the tyre. But in response we have talk of building a wall between the two sides - which would be laughable if it was not for the fact that it was said by someone from London.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.