North Cyprus Tourist Board - Electricity and white goods - any advice
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Electricity and white goods - any advice

Electricity and white goods - any advice

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

Babsbeee

Message Posted:
06/04/2010 23:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Hello!

I have an apartment in Alsanck which has been left incomplete by our developer. I am going out to try to get my electricity connected and white goods installed. I have no idea where to start so would appreciate any advice on getting my apartment into a rentable state.

Looking forward to your words of wisdom

Many thanks

Babsbee

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
07/04/2010 12:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Get the electricity connected first - then think about appliances!

The Kibtek office is down the main street in Girne - turn right at the 2nd turning and walk on down that street - you can always ask if unsure.

You'll need various documents such as Contract of Sale, passport, etc + photocopies, and maybe a Muktar's letter.

Maybe someone who has performed this unenviable task more recently could help you better.......

halffull

Message Posted:
07/04/2010 13:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

You need your signed contract (copy of) as they keep it, copies of your passport, money and patients. You don't need a Muktars letter. Once you have been through all that after a couple of days go to the works office and pester them to get them to program you in for connection!

Depends on who you see as to the cost I've seen so many different amounts mentioned on this forum it was a nightmare trying to find out, but I got our builder to go with us and we paid about 516 Lira (theres two bills) both around 258 lira, but that was last year!

White goods we were taken to UCUZCU by our builder and I have yet to find anyone on the island to match his prices (he likes a little bit of bartering and you will get a discount ) You will find him down by the new harbour off to the left as you approach the dock gates. The place doesn't look anything from the outside but it's a real aladins cave inside.

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
07/04/2010 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Phone Halil on 0090 533 836 3803.

He will be able to help you with your electricity connection.

Babsbeee

Message Posted:
08/04/2010 06:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Thank you so much, it's all a little daunting to say the least. You all seem to know what you are talking about which is great - much appreciated.

I fly tomorrow but will log on and provide updates which I hope will help others.

Are any of you successfully renting any properties in north Cyprus?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.