North Cyprus Tourist Board - is our property safe
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > is our property safe

is our property safe

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

cypruschauffer

Message Posted:
27/06/2008 13:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 48 in Discussion

no way can the greeks take our homes we have our human rights......

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
27/06/2008 14:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 48 in Discussion

"no way can the greeks take our homes we have our human rights......"

You are certainly correct - Greeks will not take your land!!!!!!

However, think you will find that someone can, especially if you live on land formerly owned by a Greek Cypriot. Or at least a payment of compensation if taken through the courts as has already happened succesfull.

fire starter

Message Posted:
01/07/2008 00:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 48 in Discussion

now i'll start the fire! what about the greeks human rights? have a look on the cyprus-forum and just listen to what they think. are you confident that mr talat won't sell you out? i think the e.u will have to step in somewhere because the greek cypriots are not giving up. look at it from their point of view how would you feel?

wynyardman

Message Posted:
01/07/2008 00:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 48 in Discussion

Is your property safe?

No!

wyn

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
01/07/2008 10:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 48 in Discussion

fire starter, I say the same to you as the first post.

THE GREEKS have nothing to do with the land etc!!!!

I would ask that people use correct grouping when posting as it only confuses issues.

As for Cyprus Forum, similar to many peoples views on this forum there is only "one correct solution". Only they tend to be a bit more aggressive.

If you have not been there, you must visit at least once!!!!!!!

PtePike

Message Posted:
01/07/2008 11:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 48 in Discussion

Cypruschauffer:

"no way can the greeks take our homes we have our human rights......

Greece is a long way away and has no claim in Cyprus property rights. Perhaps you mean Greek Cypriots. If you have bought a Greek Cypriot property it's fair to assume you will have to answer for it and face the music one day. Your human rights don't come into it, as those with the real human rights issue would consider you to be handling stolen goods.

Hilltop

Message Posted:
01/07/2008 15:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 48 in Discussion

Do I hear an echo?

jock1

Message Posted:
01/07/2008 15:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 48 in Discussion

Say that again.......

fire starter

Message Posted:
05/07/2008 06:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 48 in Discussion

thank you pte pike, i totally agree. splitting hairs is not the issue. other peoples stolen homes and land is. ok so the greek cypriots want their homes back! they will not give up! how would you feel if someone stole from you and then sold it on? you would also want it back.

Turtle

Message Posted:
05/07/2008 12:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 48 in Discussion

Same old..Same old. What about the TC,s land in the south can't see the GC,s rushing to give that back

PtePike

Message Posted:
05/07/2008 12:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 48 in Discussion

Turt,

As I think you probably know, it is illegal in the south to buy or sell TC refugee homes and people have gone to jail for trying it. Yes, I know some have been knocked down over the years as derelict or dangerous or under compulsory public works order, but the vast majority are still there and rented by GC refugees from the north who have NO right of purchase. They are kept in trust by the Cyprus government. That is the lawful and honourable way to behave and if the TRNC had done the same it would have emerged with more respect and credibility around the world instead as being seen - rightly or wrongly - as some kind of thieves' paradise.

Turtle

Message Posted:
05/07/2008 12:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 48 in Discussion

Does that include Larnaca Airport?.

I am told that is owned largely by Turkish Cypriots

Turtle

Message Posted:
05/07/2008 12:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 48 in Discussion

I would like to have a look at "cyprus-forum" what is the website ?

Lemtich

Message Posted:
05/07/2008 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 48 in Discussion

Its this one Turtle. You would also be surprised how many members of this Board post there, under different aliases, of course.

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/

Lem

Turtle

Message Posted:
05/07/2008 13:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 48 in Discussion

Thanks Lem

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
05/07/2008 15:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 48 in Discussion

re message 16 .

same old tat spouting out .

if you are to believe all the stories of my "parents have land" and the stories of how these poor people were forced out by the nasty soldiers the cyprus would be bigger than america .

and tc previously owned land has been sold and developed in sc

kav

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
05/07/2008 15:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 48 in Discussion

Interesting story in todays CT.

It is alleged that a GC is trying to sell "his land" consisting of 120 donums and 2 homes he used to use, in central Girne probably to German or Russian bidders.

The government here have been quick to point out that any sale would not be recognised and that the people living in that area are safe.

There is all the usual blurb which I cannot be bothered tryping as who knows what is correct legally or not.

A case of "watch this space".

sylvie

Message Posted:
05/07/2008 16:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 48 in Discussion

pike,

it is illegal to sell TC property " what about TC properties rented out for more than 30 years " to who the money goes to ? my husband family house in limassol is actually rented to GC they know us and they pay rent to stay inside but not to us at all !!! this house is ours - and we never claimed any compensation for it - we have got the tittle deeds ! when i read you it seem that only GC lost properties and TC were renters - no belonyings, nothing !!! i am not argue with you about that subjet - no ending !!! i have done it years ago with some others in different forums - no way !

Turtle

Message Posted:
05/07/2008 17:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 48 in Discussion

So Susanne, not wishing to create any bad feeling between TC,s & GC,s what you said about Larnaca I suppose stands for land and property in the north, when there is a settlement the GC,s will be compensated everybodys happy.......you really cant expect to have it both ways or can you?

simbas

Message Posted:
05/07/2008 18:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 48 in Discussion

hi lemtich , sorry to sound so stupid , the cyprus forum , is it for the south or south and the north , i must say i'm quite surprised if it is just for the south , and people from cyprus 44 are posting there under aliases !!! why ???

regards simbas

sylvie

Message Posted:
05/07/2008 18:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 48 in Discussion

suzanne,

sorry to disagree but the lady staying in our home pays rent - she tells us all the time and she wants to buy our family home - don't want to sell - you are not well informed

sylvie

Message Posted:
05/07/2008 18:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 48 in Discussion

simbas,

you are far away from stupid - what can you do against it - they must be bored in other forums so they try to come to this one as " perturbateur" never mind ! it doesn't bring anything that we did'nt know already - true or lie !!!

lovelife

Message Posted:
05/07/2008 19:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 48 in Discussion

I have a question thats been in my thoughts for a while, if reunification happens and property/land are sorted (big headache) and people are allowed to move back to their original houses/villages who would move back?

I have read that due to the Greek Cypriots outnumbering the Turkish Cypriots in the population only a certain percentage would be allowed to move North, do people want to move back to their original homes? or will many take compensation or receive land equivalent to what they lost? are many wishing to stay where they are as I suspect some have now made their homes and developed a community and there is the question that has been raised before do they want to live together/side by side again?

regards

LL

Turtle

Message Posted:
05/07/2008 19:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 48 in Discussion

My view is that Cyprus is an independant country not goverened by Greece or Turkey................ it is Cypriot full stop.

Greece & Turkey should still support the island but if a solution is found Cyprus should be administered by BOTH Greek & Turkish Cypriots and if this is not achievable or practical then the island should remain as it is at the moment and everyone should get on with it.

Simplistic I know but why could this not work ?

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
05/07/2008 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 48 in Discussion

susanne re 21

no TC land or houses have been sold on the south & no GCs pay rent to anybody, as either do the TCs in GCs property on the north!

NOT TRUE I CAN ASSURE YOU ,could take you to show you and chat to somebody ...

anyway have a nice day

kav

sylvie

Message Posted:
05/07/2008 23:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 48 in Discussion

suzanne,

i dont' know but will ask the lady when i see her next time - sure she pays a rent because she keep asking us to sell the house to her if she was staying for free she wouldn't !!!

wynyardman

Message Posted:
05/07/2008 23:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 48 in Discussion

Turt,

It seems that we are just country boys! It seems easy enough to me........

FORGIVE BUT DO NOT FORGET..........and then get the best deal you can to make the future workable. Oh and get some water quick! They make Effes with it!

Just my view,

wyn

Lemtich

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 00:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 48 in Discussion

Hi Simbas

Re message 22. I think LittleNige will confirm this, this forum treats any Northern non TC contributors quite hard. He has posted several times and has been given a rough ride and accused of being a theif etc.

TC's do contribute and give as good as they get but the BB is primarily Cyprus southside and TC dominated. I contribute to it to as a totally amazing greek aqdonis and have spotted my fellows but, shush, its a secret.

Just to let you know these BB's are watched and scanned by a lhost of unlikely bodies including the TRNC Gov and Police, ROC intelligence, British intelligence, American CIA, and anyone else of this ilk lurking in the shadows.

They have just about clocked everyone here now, know where they live, their potential for trouble and what to do about them.

Be afraid, be very afraid!

Lem

Turtle

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 11:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 48 in Discussion

So no freedom of speech here then Lem ?

sylvie

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 12:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 48 in Discussion

you are paranoiac !!!

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 13:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 48 in Discussion

Sylvie,

A matter of life in the modern world.

All BB's across the world are monitored in some form these are the place that terrorists start their little games. They not going to tell you the names of these BB's of course but they are there if you have time to look.

The world of Big Brother is here like it or not.

As for the Cyprus Forum, if Nigel has time he would tell you some of things he has found surrounding certain football clubs that have a hard core GC support. As I have said many times, you really have got to read these site to believe what is said and the threats you receive if you are offering counter views. Bin Laden and his cronies could learn some things from this shower.

sylvie

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 14:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 48 in Discussion

cyprusishome,

i know about that - when i said lem is parano, it is because i dont see what is so important in this forum, and if people write some post them much, of course, accept reaction so it is better to think twice !!! or accept problems coming -

have a good day, weather is beautiful today in south of france so....

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
12/07/2008 20:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 48 in Discussion

One of the highlights of Talat’s interview was his admission that he cannot rein in the commercial exploitation of Greek Cypriot properties in the north.

Moreover, he conceded that the construction boom in the breakaway regime, including in areas that would have been returned to Greek Cypriots under the Annan Plan, complicated efforts to reach a settlement.

"Yes, it is getting harder (to control). We knew this would happen unless we managed to reach a settlement in 2004 with the Annan Plan.

"But what can we do? Sometimes, my Greek Cypriot friends ask me to control it (the exploitation of properties). I am trying to, but this cannot be done with a moratorium. There are certain laws in the ‘Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus’ so no one can bring it fully under control."

full interview

http://www.cyprusweekly.com.cy/default.aspx?FrontPageNewsID=304_2

ishmail

Message Posted:
13/07/2008 18:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 48 in Discussion

In 2004 the GC comunity were give the chance to do something about things and try find a reunification, the TCs voted for, thinking the GCs woud do the same but they was the ones not to do this so no use crying now - we dont want to go into any more deals with them they cant be trusted and proved they want to have everything, well sorry over my dead body, no way.

Settlement but no reunificition !!!!!!!!!!!

Propaganda is no use the internet blew a hole in that, the truth is there for everybody to see, did TCs start killing GC, did genocide nhot happen, same Iran say the holocaust didnt happen huh !!! some even still dont believe man walked on the moon huh!!!!

fire starter

Message Posted:
17/07/2008 11:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 48 in Discussion

the cyprus forum is a group made up of brits,gc's,tc's and many other nationalities. the debate is always strong. larnaca airport is only 20% tc owned. think of it as in the uk when the goverment wants to widen a road,compulsary purchase. it could and does happen everywhere. i think the tc's who own it should be compensated though. as for people hiding here under other user names. thats all it is a user name, your just paranoid. people on the cyprus forum are under represented from the north so instead of dishing it out here, why not join us brave souls who are members and defend the trnc. go for it argue your corner!

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
17/07/2008 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 48 in Discussion

fire starter

if I understand you correctly, you are asking people on this forum to join you and debate on a larger forum called 'the cyprus forum'.

What's the point of debating on that forum ? Do the winners get to keep cyprus for themselves? Those furums, like this forum play no part in finding a cyprus solution. Perhaps one can convince those on the margin that your ideas have merit, but in my experience they are very small minority. I have no desire to get stressed out in a no win battle.

good luck to you in your debating

fire starter

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 08:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 48 in Discussion

i don't care if you join the cyprus forum or not. thats your choice. maybe some people on this forum would get a better balanced view on cyprus if they did.

to be quite honest i get fed up with trying to defend those people here who purchased exchange land.( lots of greek cypriots think all the brits here are criminals.)

i think it does lots for finding a solution, after all you need to listen to both sides to get a balanced view. its about what they want that counts. both goverments will listen to their own people and the solution will be based on that.

i don't think that it is a minority of people that have my views on a fair and final solution for cyprus.

this post was about "is our property safe" i gave my views. sorry you didn't like them. in a democratic society people are allowed to have a view.

just not on this forum ?

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 09:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 48 in Discussion

( lots of greek cypriots think all the brits here are criminals.)

Fire Starter, not all Brits here have bought Greek Cypriot property and land

Littlenige

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 09:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 48 in Discussion

From what i have seen the cyprus forum is one of the worst racist sites I have come across.

The abuse is beyond belief and if they think you have bought in the north they actually BAN you from posting on there.

I think the magority of members ( if not all) enjoy the friendly banter helpfull advice and pleastent nature of this board.

fire starter

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 10:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 48 in Discussion

no nige, i purchased pre 74 turkish in the north . i post on the cf all the time . they haven't banned me. so your info is not correct. it is a democratic site where people are allowed their views, racist or not. this is my last post here as i prefer freedom of speech forum, to one who deletes posts they don't like.

good luck with the tellie tubbies.

Littlenige

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 10:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 48 in Discussion

I purchased property in the north ( title deeds are my concern and not for public discussion / debate ) and I was banned.

So the information is correct I also had itt in writing from a mod the reason I was banned was I had bought property in the north.

" where people are allowed their views "

Yea ok as long as its pro greek cypriot and you have got very very thisck skin to withtand all the insuls and abuse.

pilgrim

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 11:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 48 in Discussion

Fire starter, Over 70% land sold in last five years esheger or TMD, probably to many members of this forum, therefore not much chance of polite discussion with members of cyprus forum if they did join.

Anyway the 'tele tubbies' wish you well and goodbye as you state your not posting anymore.

regards

p

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 11:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 48 in Discussion

Fire starter

"this post was about "is our property safe" i gave my views. sorry you didn't like them. in a democratic society people are allowed to have a view"

I am not going to stroll through all the posts, but I don't think anybody has criticised you for posting on the specific subject. On the matter you raised which is about posting on the Cyprus forum, I have only stated that I don't think it's a good idea

"to be quite honest i get fed up with trying to defend those people here who purchased exchange land.( lots of greek cypriots think all the brits here are criminals.)"

I thank you for defending us fellow Brits and admire your tenacity, but I bet you do get fed up. It's a losing battle. I know you have stated before that most GC's don't care if Brits get evicted and have no home to live in. In any case, how many people on those forums are actually living in Cyprus. Most seem to be living in Britain, US and Australia.

"i don't care if you join the cyprus forum or not. thats your choice. maybe some people on this forum would get a better balanced view on cyprus if they did."

I read many of the tabloids to try and get a balanced view

I do hope that you still continue to post on this forum

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 48 in Discussion

Here here!

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 23:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 48 in Discussion

I do not know what firestarters problem is, maybe it is the fact that he has been found out!!!!!!!!! What I do not know.

This forum like all forums is biased to the community it is based in. That is proven on a regular basis here that when somebody starts the GC support role somebody tries to ban them!!!! Why, because the locals cannot tolerate the anti view.

The problem with people like firestarter is they try to pretend they are "local" and then present an anti view. Why not just be honest and join as GCsupporter and give your views in discussion. You would be far better reeived.

Last line, if you have never tried the debates etc on Cyprus Forum, if you do wear the tin hat and ear protectors. They are they most racist, intolerant people you would wish to meet. I have said before, if you have not come across football sites such as at Arsenal then prepare for language and comments you would wish your children never to hear. The GC are disgusting on these sites.

Lemtich

Message Posted:
20/07/2008 00:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 48 in Discussion

I post on Cyprus Forum and they are a bunch of GC nerdy nitwits!

Sometimes someone goes stir crazy and comes back from the pub and tells it how it is.

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=18900

Laughed myself to sleep!

No, I'm not saying who I post as!

Lem

fire starter

Message Posted:
21/07/2008 09:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 48 in Discussion

P.S i just love being slagged off when i am not here to defend myself. you have seriously been watching to much tellie tubbies. first i am a local! i have never said any different! i don't support the gc or tc communities.i have friends in both camps. i support a fair and final settlement to the cyprus problem. i support freedom of speach and democracy. btw he is a she so maybe she hasn't been found out. found out ? about what? so take you head out of the sand and listen to everyones views!

cyprusishome should you not post as trncishome?

lem keep on laughing, funny you don't want to say who you post as, who is hiding?

maybe a few of us know, who you are already.

Lemtich

Message Posted:
21/07/2008 10:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 48 in Discussion

They seek in here, they seek him there,

Is he in heaven, is he in hell?

Who cares anyway?

Lem

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.