North Cyprus Tourist Board - my dog was poisoned upper Catalkoy
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > my dog was poisoned upper Catalkoy

my dog was poisoned upper Catalkoy

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

LostFound

Message Posted:
11/04/2010 20:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Can anyone give me some guidance on dog poisoning. Many people asked me what kind of poison it was but the vet didnt say. How does the vet learn which poison it is. I think the poison or the treatment may have affected her nervous system or muscles or something, is it normal. 3 days later she is doing weird things, cannot lift her head (its flopping from side to side in front of her legs) and she keeps stopping and starting whilst trying to get from A to B. If I get close to her she starts literally walking backwards, like she cannot turn round. She is very nervous. I assume she is drinking lots to throw the remainder of the poison. I just dont know what to think and hope these symptoms will disapear.

mollycorbin

Message Posted:
11/04/2010 20:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

The poor darling. Are you saying this behavior just started 3 days later, or that 3 days later, she is continuing to behave this way? I am sorry that I cannot help you other than if it just started, is it possible that she is re-infecting herself? Can the poison be on her paws etc? Perhaps she will have permanent nerve damage due to the poisoning and/or treatment. My heart goes out to you. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

snd1966

Message Posted:
11/04/2010 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Is the dog still under the vet? When our two were poisoned, one of ours had collapsed,shakes within one hour of the walk and been sick - We were advised no water or food for at least three days - He was on a drip daily for seven days. The other one must of picked it up from licking him as he was affected after six hours but within 3 days back on his feet. Was this near Savyon?

LostFound

Message Posted:
11/04/2010 22:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Just on the road down to the ravine and substation.

I showered her 1 day after she was home as she was in a bad state and maybe my other dog could wash her.

I did get her to the vet within 10 mins of her eating tin foil, she didnt collapse just wobbled. After 1 day, 1 night and another day of being on the serum I took her home and it was from that time her head was permamently low and its like her brain stops to work when she tried to walk and its weird when I approach her she walks backwards. I just wish I knew if this is a result of the poisoning or the treatment as its not a good life if she doesnt return to her normal self. I was told she can eat and drink after I took her home. Her frothing seems to have got less and less but she keeps sneezing.

LostFound

Message Posted:
11/04/2010 23:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

message 3

Did you learn what kind of poison it was? Is it possible?

jenfarrall

Message Posted:
11/04/2010 23:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Please take her back to your vet asap,imo she is still suffering effects of poison and needs further treatment

Jen

mikea11

Message Posted:
12/04/2010 10:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Our dog was poisoned in November and it took a good couple of months for her to stop twitching, as you know it affects the nervous system, she is back to normal now just takes time to exit their system.

negativenick

Message Posted:
12/04/2010 14:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

the person responsible should be shot....

slowly...

Lilli

Message Posted:
12/04/2010 14:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

or a taste of thier own poision, pure evil minds. i hope the dog makes a speedy recovery x

simbas

Message Posted:
12/04/2010 14:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

How is she today ?

snd1966

Message Posted:
12/04/2010 16:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

No we didn't find out what kind of poison, obviously not a quick killer one but reacted within 40 minutes. Some poisons i have been told there is no return. I have heard people can have a post mortem - something if someone else wants to pay for fine but to me poison is poison and if the dog is dead why do I care what kind of poison it was, in my mind deadly. Hope she gets better soon

LostFound

Message Posted:
12/04/2010 23:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

yes she is much better today, she can get in and out of her dog flap and she can lift her head a little higher now, she is playing with her toys and has stopped frothing the water. Im happy. Thanks for all your responses.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.