North Cyprus Tourist Board - Acmenya, Alsancak.
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Acmenya, Alsancak.

Acmenya, Alsancak.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Littlenige

Message Posted:
28/06/2008 12:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

AUCTION**Meal for two at Acmenya, Alsancak Winning on the vill owners site bid by nige.

Well we went to Acmenya, Alsancak.

We were greeted by gengis and seated at a ice table under the sumptuous grapevines, we ordered to gin & tonics which were brought along with the menus.

We both ordered prawn cocktails pat opted for the chupra I decided on the mixed kebab.

Prawn cocktails came after about 10 minutes served in a nice dish with lots of prawns and garnished around the base of the dish with salad.

On clearing the starter plates the main course arrived after about 15 minutes the mixed kebab was served with rice chips and salad the chupra with chips and salad also there was a large bowl of salad to share.

Both dishes were very very well presented the food was all cooked very well and hot.

We ordered a bottle of angora white to accompany the main course, well it is not often I STRUGGLE TO FINISH A MEAL BUT i DID IT WAS DELICIOUS.

As my back was hurting we opted to have coffee and finish the wine away from the table in a nice cane suite.

If all restaurants treated their guests like they do at Acmenya then restaurants would be full it was as near to perfect as you can get.

A big thank you to all concerned.

Cost for 2 coffees, 2 local gin and tonics & 1 bottle of white angora 25 ytl

We had never been to Acmenya before but we shall return

Pools

Message Posted:
28/06/2008 12:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

My relatives used to go there for many times.excellent food good service and low price.I use to order for take out foods on there as well.

Turtle

Message Posted:
28/06/2008 12:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Nige

We visit everytime we are over there and for the last 4 years have not had a bad meal yet, i can fully recommend this restraunt.

Try the fish and chips its the best around.

The-Wicks

Message Posted:
28/06/2008 14:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Sorry - must strongly disagree. We've been going there for years - service always good, food excellent, reasonably priced. All in all, great evenings in lovely surroundings. We visited when we were there in May. Ghengis his usual charming self, surroundings as lovely as ever, but, food portions much smaller than they used to be and re-heated (unless I am greatly mistaken) vegetables. We were very disappointed, but gave the benefit of the doubt, as it was the first dodgy meal we had ever had there, and returned the following week with friends. Alas, the same - we all had completely different meals and sadly, were all disappointed. A great shame, as it was always one of our favourites.

turanmem

Message Posted:
19/08/2009 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Just came back from Alsancak and ate at Acmenya 3 times we also noticed portion sizes smaller than last year. Will say though the freebie fruit and cakes after go some way to make up for smaller portions. Ghengis has gone now but Mutlut and his brother took great care of us. On the whole a little dissapointed on portion sizes but in general still a nice place to have dinner.

Jeannie

Message Posted:
20/08/2009 12:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

turanmem - I know this thread is a bit out of date (like me!) but just to let you know that we bumped into Cengis in June of this year. He is now working at Park Lane. Must admit, didn't go to Acmenya this time.

Regards.

Jeannie

ricky

Message Posted:
30/09/2009 16:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Hope restaurant is more reliable than the car rental!

negativenick

Message Posted:
30/09/2009 16:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Mess 1 - Nige - Not sure if i'd like an "Ice table" - wasn't it a bit cold ??

mikelapta

Message Posted:
30/09/2009 17:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Gengis is now back at the Dolphin Alsancak.

flossie44

Message Posted:
30/09/2009 17:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

We went the other night to this restaurant and posted my comments on another thread.

We went to this restaurant the other night and we were so disappointed posted my comments on another thread re restaurants. Very slow service. It took over an hour to get our main meals. No starters had been ordered. Fillet steak was not fillet and the kebab had only one meat, the chicken, which was of a good standard. The other meats were fatty and tough. The accompanying salad consisted of limp lettuce and a bit of tomato.

I am afraid I would think twice about going again. There is so much choice now in the area.

flossie

Mindy

Message Posted:
30/09/2009 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

We used to be frequent visitors to Acmenya but havent been since June, it went right down, our friend had liver and it was bright red in a sauce and tasted vile, he was off his food for a while after, just the thought of the meal.I had fish in lemon sauce and was too tart and floating in oil. Was told they had a new menu, in my opinion they should of stuck with old one. We won't go back anytime soon.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.