North Cyprus Tourist Board - Fishing from boat off Kaplica Coast
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Fishing from boat off Kaplica Coast

Fishing from boat off Kaplica Coast

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Fishing in North Cyprus

Navek

Message Posted:
16/04/2010 22:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Off for a bit of fishing this weekend.

Has anyone been out fishing from a boat off the Coast at Kaplica?

If as did you catch anything?

If so, what did you catch, and what bait were you using?

How far out did you have to go, and what time did you catch at?

What was the weather like?

Any useful info appreciated ))

Thanks'

Navek

henrik

Message Posted:
17/04/2010 00:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/North-Cyprus-Spearfishing/276478099457?ref=ts

sweep

Message Posted:
17/04/2010 00:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

navek

went fishing of kaplica last aug, we used a small fish on the hook (white bait) available from lamar supermarket.

we tried a few locations over a couple of miles and caught a few decent size fish, mainly we fished the area were the sandy bottom meets the rocky part this is easly visible from the boat and not too far out.

we also tried trawling around some small rocky islands, overall the day out in the sun was hard work but worth the effort as the guys said the fish tasted beautifull carnt rembember the name but beware one which is swimming about which is a browny colour is dangerous and must not be eaten or handled.

we courght throughout the day and the weather was fine and calm.

didnt see any large fish but they must be there if the smaller ones are around.

after your trip can you please let me know how you got on and any tips would be appricated.

regards lee

Brinsley

Message Posted:
17/04/2010 00:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Sticks of dynamite works every time for a successful catch!

Richard

sweep

Message Posted:
17/04/2010 00:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

can you buy it

racoonchic

Message Posted:
17/04/2010 07:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

i hope your not going with NOTACHANCEINHELLTREVOR or nofishtrev for short lol

Navek

Message Posted:
17/04/2010 07:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Wii get back to you all later.

Know about the puffer fish.

msg 6, you got inside info? )))

Navek

henrik

Message Posted:
17/04/2010 12:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

its not the pufferfish he was reffering to.. you might catch a pufferfish and just hook em off and throw em back. what he was refering to is a fish living in the sand, white brown colour and very panic when hooked. The Weeverfish!

They are long (up to 37 cm), mainly brown and have poisonous spines on their first dorsal fin and gills.

The first and most obvious symptom is what feels like a scratch from a sharp stone, although this does not hurt, the pain begins about 2–3 minutes after being stung. Stings are often described as "extremely painful" causing throbbing pain and swelling in the affected area and "much worse than a wasp (or bee) sting".

Oliver Parsons, an English tourist stung by a weever fish in France, recalled that the pain was so severe that he initially believed that his foot would need to be amputated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trachinidae

If you manage to get it killed, the meat is very good! honest.

Tatlisu4me

Message Posted:
17/04/2010 12:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Have a good day Navek !

let us know how u go on

sweep

Message Posted:
17/04/2010 16:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

henrik

thats the fish i meant, scary fish i believe the pain is really bad if you happen to be spiked our guide checked every catch before it was allowed on ur boat to make sure it wasnt one of those waever fish.

Navek

Message Posted:
18/04/2010 20:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Well lads,

I didn't get to read your post about the Weever Fish,

until I returned.

Guess what, less than 5 mins fishing, what did we catch....

A Weever Fish, my mate knew what it was and asked me to get the net,

before I got back, it slipped the hook.

Nobody touched it.

Then not another thing all day, was very hot and bright,

not ideal conditions at all, but we all enjoyed our trip along the coast.

Navek

Spearfish

Message Posted:
29/04/2010 21:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Trolling with thin line and very small blue lures over 10-30m of water will catch fish, mainly small amberjack possibly mahi mahi, definately puffer fish and weever fish, puffers and weevers are as we know ones to throw back dead, but the mineri are very nice fish, mahi mahi are not so common but if you hit one you got a fight on your hands, They wont strike big lures with big hooks and are hard to keep on small lures. catch 22.

or wait till august, go out in the morning 6-10 troll 2 rods with 10cm blue lures 50-100m behind the boat, then 2 hand lines with white feathers tie 25+ feather hooks on to main line with a 20cm lead, space them 50cm apart, 1 line wants a weight at the back and the other wants back and front, the closest feather of each line should be 15m behind boat, troll at 6-10mph 400-2000m from shore, Then wait, you will be catching benito 35-60cm long upto 2+kg, they are a shole fish so you never catch 1 you catch 5+ at a time. and the rods will catch barakuda. b4 sun.

Spearfish

Message Posted:
01/05/2010 08:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Another thing you can do is a thing they call balagadi, I did it. it works ok, get 1000m of line. every 5 m tie a hook on a hook length 50cm long. start with a basket, pull the first end of the line thru a hole in the bottom. then start tieing your hooks. push 5m of line into the basket, tie a hook, then hook it onto the basket. repeat this till you have used all the line. should have 200 hooks all in perfect order round your basket, hooks should be as big as the ctrl key on your keyboard, main line should be about .90mm and leads should be about .70

then buy some squid, cut it into 15mm by 8 mm strips. bait the line up with it. go out on your boat. tie 40m of line to a huge float weight the other end, tie the weighted end to the long line, then drive your boat very slowly over about 30m of water with rocky floor, put the line out with a small fishing float every 20m to keep it off the floor by 1.5m approx. then finnish the other end off same as the start, leave it out 2 hours,

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.