North Cyprus Tourist Board - UK Politics - Time for a real change?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > UK Politics - Time for a real change?

UK Politics - Time for a real change?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Groucho

Message Posted:
23/04/2010 06:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

I see that both the conservatives and Labour are doing their best to rubbish Nick Clegg and the Lib-Dems... Does this mean they are really worried that UK Voters are fed-up to the back teeth with all the lies, graft and un-kept promises?

Maybe it is time for a real change... Given the record of both major parties, I don't see how the Lib-Dems could fair any worse than the now almost indistinguishable Tories and Labour parties...

Corbo

Message Posted:
23/04/2010 10:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

It could end up with Tories and Lib Dem's on around 30% and Labour on 20% and we may still have Gordon Brown as PM when the Libs and Labour come to some devious agreement. You have to seriously question our democratic process if this happens. However, this election may produce some surprises and could be worth staying up to watch on the 6th May; with plenty of sherbet at hand.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
23/04/2010 10:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

I think they are worried about a hung parliament.

Mr Vince

Message Posted:
23/04/2010 10:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Forget a hung parliament....they should just have hung corrupt politicians

dizzycows

Message Posted:
23/04/2010 11:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Watching the debate last night, and the first debate, all Glegg has is woffle, what substance or real policy is he actually offering? He comes over very presentable, but on looks only!!

For who ever gets in they will have a 'mother' of a job trying to get our IMF borrowing down, and what has Glegg said? nothing. Brown is a worse woffler, he has the bl---y cheek after 13 years to say we are the party to get us out of this mess,!! he put us in this mess, nobody else.

Employment, this will be shed from many employers as we are crusified now with NI, we as business people cannot have this burden foisted upon us. If Labour get in again, jobs will go, meaning less tax, less profits, less to plough back towards the dept...... Simples, vote for Glegg and his goons and we will have a hung parliment, and God help us all....

mamachina

Message Posted:
23/04/2010 12:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

If it is/was a hung Parliament, some people eg politicians would have to start working together instead of trying to split everyone apart or NOTHING WOULD BE DONE AT ALL! Or am I an optimist?

dizzycows

Message Posted:
23/04/2010 13:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Brown cant work with any one other than his self, that comes over very clear. I do believe the other two may be able to work together but who knows, its the ones behing both of these that would run the country... Brown works basically from his own book.!

spondoolics

Message Posted:
24/04/2010 15:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

I would give all parties a fair hearing. What concerns me more about Mr Clegg - 1,000,000 illegals allowed British Citizenship, then all dependants brought over, possibly another 6/10 million. Where will they live, be educated, NHS can longer cope with existing population. We would be at the dreaded 70,000,000 pop. It doesnt bear thinking about.

No nuclear Trident Subs, we will use Nuclear Tipped Cruise Missiles he says, they do not exist, even the yanks couldnt supply them to us. Iran, North Korea, India, Pakistan etc, now nuclear countries, UK defenceless against a a threatened Nuclear strike or blackmail - No Thankyou Mr (Hasn't really thought this through) Clegg.

But a hung Parliament, what a nightmare, Mr Brown still PM even if Labour in 3rd place. I have no personal problem with Gordon, Scottish/ Welsh Nationilists would be in a position to dictate policy.

Stop wittering Bill, its only Politics!!!!. We will all get what we deserve. Those of us still domicile in UK that is

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.