North Cyprus Tourist Board - Changing name on electric supply
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Changing name on electric supply

Changing name on electric supply

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

the2ofus

Message Posted:
23/04/2010 12:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Can anyone offer advise please.

Our friends are moving into a property in July. The previous owners have "left" and the electric is still in their name. They had several properties with electric in their name. There is a concern that if the bill is not paid on one of those properties then Kibtec will disconnect all properties in the same name - not sure if this is true.

Is there any way that i can change the name from the previous owners to my firends in her absence or does she have to wait until she gets here to do it herself ? For both instances what is the procedure/paerwork/fees required ? Does it matter that the original "owner" is not around to sign it over ?

i have looked at other threads but they seem to concentrate on changing from builders name to owners name in new build situation.

thanks

piggy

Message Posted:
23/04/2010 13:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Kib-Tek mistakingly put our neighbours name to our meter, we had to go to the offices in Girne with our Contract, Kocan, passports to get it changed into our names. But and there is always a but, they had to send someone out to make sure that our meter which had been put in our neighbours name did actually feed our property.

It was slightly easier for us though as we had only just come off from builders electric and had not had any bills from Kib-Tek at that point.

This was last year and the procedure may have changed. Good Luck!

the2ofus

Message Posted:
23/04/2010 21:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Thanks piggy - anyone else any experience/knowledge ?

MaggieAndBernie

Message Posted:
24/04/2010 01:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

I had to go change the name on ours last month. They needed my passport, the contract (haven't got PtP yet so no Kocan) and a deposit of 280tl - make sure you keep receipt for this safe as you need it for refund if you ever sell the property.

Go upstairs at Kibtec and ask to speak to Hassain - very nice man who speaks good english!

Maggie

kaiserphil

Message Posted:
24/04/2010 13:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

The house next to us was bought by an 87 year old TC. He had to attend the Kib-Tek office in person to get the name changed to his, they would not allow one of his family to do it.

That was in 2007, the rules may have changed by now.

charlotte55

Message Posted:
24/04/2010 17:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

It has always been that only the owner/ person named on the contract or kocan is the only person who can change the bill into another name and you have to produce your passport and this is the name they put on the bill.

Copies of everything for them to keep too! As long as the bill is paid they will not query until the owner can do it.

Charlotte

the2ofus

Message Posted:
24/04/2010 17:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Thanks everyone.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.