North Cyprus Tourist Board - Communal sewage system advice wanted
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Communal sewage system advice wanted

Communal sewage system advice wanted

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
02/07/2008 21:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Our site manager has just been up to visit us with their concerns of the costs of running the communal sewage system we have on site as the company that services it has just increased its cost to £150 per month (this is for a weekly service). This is an addition to monthly electric bills of approx 300ytl. We've been asking our developer Lapis for technical information and specifications of this system for over a year but have never had an answer. From what we can make out, the motor just pumps air into the waste to make it break down quicker. This is running 24/7 and it has 3 phase electric running it. Does anyone know the following:

1) Can we just fit a timer to it, so it just runs for 3 hours in morning and 3 hours in evening to cut electric bill and servicing costs by 75%?

2) Does the timer need to be a 3 phase timer or normal single phase timer?

3) Does it have to have a weekly service? Does anyone know what would be involved in such a service?

4) Does anyone know of a person or company that can come and inspect and advise?

No crappy replies please! ;)

Many thanks

Brad&Sibel

wynyardman

Message Posted:
02/07/2008 21:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Brad and Sibel,

This guy is just trying to take the _iss out of you!

May I suggest....that you tell him to sign the petition to ammend The Specific Performance Law of 1885 to make sure that we all get the deeds to our houses.......

..and then tell him to stick his ridiculous bill...where the sun don't shine.......and then

give it the maximum publicity, so that he NEVER sells another property again.

Disgraceful,

wyn

johnboy

Message Posted:
02/07/2008 21:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Sibble,

I think they may be pulling your leg.....

About 10 years ago, i lived in a barn conversion and the 25 barns on our site had a sewage system made by Klargester (hope i have spelt it right).

Basically it was a large plastic contraption with two chambers - the solids went into the first chamber and once broken down went into the next chamber - this chamber had a series of soakaway pipes fitted, where the water from the second chamber disbursed into the land - One of the manufacturer's claims was that the water going down the soakaway pipes was ok to drink....

Inside both chanbers was an agitator which slowly revolved, thus breaking down the sewage faster....

It was emptied as a precautionary measure, every 12 months and was serviced, again as a precautionaly matter every 12 months.

As i recall, the cost of the electricity, and annual service/emptying was about £75 per house per year...

I lived there for 4 years without incident and with no increases to the communal charges....

Hope this helps.

Aslan

Message Posted:
03/07/2008 11:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

As the French might say they are taking "la pis" out of the property owners, there are many alternatives to the system installed that use a lot less energy and are more effeicient. For general advice I would speak to the property centre in Lapta who are installing systems for a few major developers.

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
03/07/2008 11:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Sibel & Brad,

I have spoken to Cyprus Solutions on your behalf and they confirmed what I suspected (as we had a communal sewage treatment plant on the 13 house development we lived on in Devon).

Your plant should not need more than 2 inspections a year (as ours did) and that they would be happy to help you.

Ring John on 0533 836 7094

all the best

Vaughan

the butler

Message Posted:
03/07/2008 12:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Hi all,

We have a similar system on our complex approx 60 homes, it is running 24/7 and the electrcity bill is £300 per month. The complex is never full about 15 homes occupied at any one time. Is it necessary to have it running 24/7, or can it be on a timer? I don't think it gets serviced regularly We were promised we would get water for our gardens from it but have been told there is not enough people to do this. It seems alot of money for no return of recycled water. Can anyone advise?

The Butler

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
03/07/2008 13:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Hi the Butler,

Ring John.

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
03/07/2008 22:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Thanks everyone for your advice.

Vaughan - we'll try and speak to John tommorrow.

We were told it runs 24/7, but went down there today and the pump was not running. From what I could see; there are 3 chambers. One full of number one's and number two's; second chamber full of number one's; third chamber full of grey water (that we can't access). Each chamber has a sensor switch; I assume as the water level gets high, it activates the pump and is pumped into the next chamber. Then there is a pump room which looks like it pumps air into the system somewhere. The pump has an air filter on it. It is being serviced by Cyprus Pools as I saw the service records for it. Each sheet is dated weekly. The site manager is now aware of who services the sewage pit and will talk to Cyprus Pools about the increased costs.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.