North Cyprus Tourist Board - Berrial place for animals
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Berrial place for animals

Berrial place for animals

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

Tuttut

Message Posted:
26/04/2010 10:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

HI does anyone know if there is a place you can put your animals to rest here, we are going to have to have one of our dogs put down possibly both and wanted to know where you are supposed to put them at rest.

any help please

puppylover

Message Posted:
26/04/2010 11:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Tuttut

My heart goes out to you at what must be very distressing for you.

From friends that I know who have suffered the lose of a pet I am led to believe that you would have to bury them yourself, possibly in your garden.

I am sure other members will assist in your plea, but maybe Kar would be able to assist you with some advise.

Vidal

Message Posted:
26/04/2010 11:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Oh wow you poor thing.

I'd take a drive up and find a quiet spot in the woods somewhere. Possibly sort the hole the day before.

Good luck.

simbas

Message Posted:
26/04/2010 11:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Now , i don't wish to upset anyone especially at this very upsetting time for you , but have you considered cremation , then either keep them in an urn or scatter them in a favourite place , at least then you would know they hadn't been dug up by scavenging animals , that is always a worry i would think

Regards , Simbas

metin

Message Posted:
26/04/2010 11:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

So sorry to hear of your trauma. Garden ıs the best option, wıth heavy stones or rocks laid on top to stop the scavenging animals.

Frıends of mıne wıth a very large dog had to hıre a bulldozer (100tl) and fınd a place bıg enough. They ended up wıth some land ın Lefkosa and were helped by theır vet there.

Just make sure ıts quıte deep.

Good luck.

Tinkie

Message Posted:
26/04/2010 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Simbas there is no cremation here. Tuttut, Im very sorry for you, I recently had to have my dog put to sleep and its very upsetting. We buried her in the garden, wherever you decide to bury your pets please remember to put a layer of lime over the top of them. Apparently it will deter other animals from trying to dig them up, paticurlarly if you bury them outside of your garden as suggested in message 3.

Tuttut

Message Posted:
27/04/2010 09:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Hi everyone, thank you so much, the heart breaking thing is he is still running about and sort of his self, but we have to walk him into the vets, lay him down and put him to sleep.

He has that Sand fly illness and we are unable to keep him on tablets as we have a baby on the way and we have read up on it and they do not recommend it.

Once again thank you for your advise and your wishes one of the hardest things i have ever had to do.

Tinkie

Message Posted:
27/04/2010 09:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Tuttut thats what my dog had. She was on the tablets for about 18 months and dıed eventually of complıcatıons caused by the medıcatıon whıch ıs toxıc. I know how dıffıcult ıt ıs, but you are doıng the best thıng for your dog and your famıly. Thınkıng of you.

puppylover

Message Posted:
27/04/2010 10:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Tuttut

Thoughts are with you at what is a very distressing time for you.

I rememeber having to take our 17 year old collie to be put to sleep.

At her grand old age she had gone senile and although healthy in other ways we had to make the heartbreaking decision to let her go.

As you are obviously pregnant and should not get stressed, have you thought about asking someone else to take your beloved pet to the vets?

If I can help in any way (including the trip to the vet) please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Kind regards

Judy (0533 8377706)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.