North Cyprus Tourist Board - Famagusta to Ayia Napa?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Famagusta to Ayia Napa?

Famagusta to Ayia Napa?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Famagusta town North Cyprus

sebaveron4

Message Posted:
27/04/2010 21:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Hi all

I was hoping to do a trip down to Ayia Napa from North Cyprus when I next visit - I have been reading that cars hired in North Cyprus cannot be driven or insured in the South. First of all, please could someone confirm this is correct?

If so, what would be the best border crossing point to go through, to then work my way down to Ayia Napa? I would guess it is Famagusta, but will bow to anyone with better knowledge. Any information on transport method, costs, times etc would be well received.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Chris

harita

Message Posted:
27/04/2010 22:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Chris ..

Depending on where you are planning to stay .. From Girne a bus can be taken to Nicosia .. Walk over the crossing to the Greek side .. A short taxi ride & there is a bus service to Ayia Napa .. It is not very expensive ..

Some friends of ours were staying in Ayia Napa & bussed it to Nicosia .. We met them at the border after they walked across ..

sebaveron4

Message Posted:
27/04/2010 23:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Harita

Thanks for the quick and positive reply - much appreciated!

We will be on Turtle Bay Village (Esentepe), so can work out way into town from there. Do you have any idea at all of the approximate cost for the journey from Ayia Napa to Nicosia and/or the bus from Nicosia to Girne? Just trying to find out the most cost effective and efficient way to get there! So far, from the ways I have found, this sounds the most possible.

Does anyone else have any suggestions, other than the above?

Cheers

Chris

Middle Easter

Message Posted:
27/04/2010 23:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

If hiring a car during your stay. Fly into Cyprus via the South, hire a car from there & you can drive it both North & South (North requires a top up insurance to cover)

sebaveron4

Message Posted:
27/04/2010 23:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Middle Easter

Unfortunately I am already booked up, and am flying into Ercan...plus I have paid for my car hire with a company in the North! Next time I will be sure to not fall into this difficulty again!

Cheers

Chris

DONTY

Message Posted:
28/04/2010 01:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

If you are going there to get mashed and bust up the dancefloor, the last thing u want to do is take the bus via Nicosia, That's gotta be a mission after a nite out.

Appoint a designated driver, drive to Famagusta border, (order a taxi to meet you at the border). Relax in comfort for the approx 25 min drive. Get out at bar street and go mental. Repeat in reverse to get home or if possible pull a hottie n sleep at hers (best option)

Alternatively, crash out at an apt complex like the Christobel or .... find your way to Nissi Beach about 6am, fall asleep on a sunbed and wake up to thumping house music and topless Scandies. If you go in shorts and a Tshirt u can always go swimming and use your Tshirt as a towel..... Have fun...There's lots to be had if you try

p.s. Nissi Beach on Sunday is well worth experiencing.

sebaveron4

Message Posted:
28/04/2010 12:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Donty

Thanks for the email, and that was the option I was considering as the most sensible - if the taxi is only 25 minutes long from the Famagusta border, this might be the best option (as we will be having a few beers during the trip!).

Do you know of any cheap taxi companies based in Famagusta or Ayia Napa region to contact, or is it best to just negotiate on the day?

As someone who has never been there before, I am very much looking forward to it now...and Nissi Beach sounds like somewhere to visit. You sound like someone speaking from experience about the area!?

Cheers

Chris

spud1

Message Posted:
28/04/2010 12:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

You can hire a taxi from turtle bay it will take you to Ayia Napa.

sebaveron4

Message Posted:
28/04/2010 12:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Spud

I personally wouldn't have a major objection to it (as it takes all danger of being hungover the next morning when driving out of the equation!), but am guessing the cost would be quite high. Do you have an idea on what the cost would be for this?

Cheers

Chris

DONTY

Message Posted:
28/04/2010 15:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Chris

You could find a TC taxi driver in Famagusta to take you from our side of the border but I personally dont know any there. I have used a bloke based just over the other side. 00357 996 16098 It was a year ago and dont know if the number is still valid, nor do I remember what we paid!

The Christobel in Napa 00357 237 21860 is staggering distance from the clubs and will cost around €50 a nite. kicking out is around 12 or 1pm so you could sleep off the worst there.

Yup, I have been a fair few times and was there last weekend. It wasnt mega busy (still had fun) but will be by the time you get there.

Try the Castle Club with 3 or 4 floors (RnB, Techno/House, Pop stuff and idiot floors) Its one of the best in Napa. Try to blag free tickets from the touts if you can.

Good luck, Enjoy

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.