North Cyprus Tourist Board - just returned from holiday
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > just returned from holiday

just returned from holiday

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Cyprus Holidays

» Book your North Cyprus Holiday online

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

wearytravellers

Message Posted:
18/06/2007 08:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 73 in Discussion

1st let me just say before I ramble on. Anyone who has bought property in esentepe/Tatlihsu......Shame !!! My wife and I spent a bit of time exploring this area for an apartment to buy. We wouldn't go near that area if you paid us. There is absolutely no infrastrucutre in the vacinity, just field and fileds of holiday accomodation. No shops, supermarkets Nothing. Oh they say that there will be.......!!!! and I am sure there will but when ??? No committments yet !!!

getting to Girne is hassle, at least 40 minutes by road Worse in high season !!!

We managed to get a really nice apartment in Lapta, very easy to integrate into village life either in Lapta or Alsancak.....close to stunning beaches, Supermarket, Petrol Station, Chemist and everything one would need. The Dolmus also runs along the road to Girne every 1/2 hour. A much better place to have a holiday flat than out in the sticks away from everything.

We spent our time in Riverside Holiday Village in Alsancak, what a great place and I would highly recommend it for anyone, Couples, Familiies, Coffin Dodgers the works. The staff are amazingly friendly, ther are some superb restaurants and entertainment very close by. The Riverside make their money from the poolside bar, car hire, trips, laundry etc etc There is a dog (Chili)that hangs around the pool ALL the time and she is absolutely amazing, she could pick me out of the crowd anytime and came to me for an Ice Cream from the onsite shop. This place is Family Owned and Run and Mum works the shop and if you ask for a Turkish Coffee she will read your cup for you. Enver and Tim (the sons) operate and run the place. Tim organises the Entertainment and he doesn't do such a bad job but he really needs to get more of a party mood going at night. The Singer he has is good (Russian) but I almost wet my pants when he did an Elvis number !!!! Laff me Tender, Laff me True, neffer le mego !!!! I swear if I didn't think it would annoy him I would have lost it.There is a Russian cleaner who does a decent Belly dancing routine at their BBQ night which is well worth the money, and she is pretty good !!!

Overaul the place was well worth the money (300 quid for 10 nights including laundry, drinks, and a couple of dinners) is that value or what.

On the business side, we found a 2 bedroom flat for well less than 40K , we found an independant Lawyer that has no biase whatsover towards builders/developers. We opened a YTL and GBP bank accounts with Garanti Bank (took about 25 minutes in total) ALL of the contacts we have were advised either on this forum and or advised by members and I would be happy to pass on the details. We found a couple of 1st class, upmarket restaurants for any romantic or family gatherings, evryone was friendly and couldn't do enough to keep us happy. We have made friends with people that will last a lifetime. My wife and I are in email/telephone contact with them and can't wait until we return.

Esentepe !!!! NO CHANCE but hey Good Luck to those who bought out there....you gonna need it.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
18/06/2007 10:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 73 in Discussion

I dont like comments like that! One could get very bithcy about lots of places but we dont as we are not like that! And no its not a SHAME we have bought there - actually fantastic and I'm sure everyone on this forum who has bought in that area would agree too! And there are a lot of us!

We all know that Esentepe/Bacheli and Talitsu are new areas being developed and the whole infrastructure will take time but those areas in time when everything is in place will be amazing. The new Marina, restaurants, markets. And the golf course!

We already have a market/restaurant/etc etc etc on our complex and I think a lot of the other developments will too. Its only a 20/25 minute drive from Kyrenia and lovely being out in the "sticks".

But I guess if people are used to holidays where you might get Cheers Bar or Del Boy and Rodneys then you wouldnt like Esentepe anyway!

dobbo

Message Posted:
18/06/2007 10:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 73 in Discussion

Good luck to lapta! I am sure every one is devastated in Ensentepe and Tatlisu that you are not coming to live with them.

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
18/06/2007 10:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 73 in Discussion

Hi Wearytravellers

Unfortuntely I think the tone of your posting has set you up for some barraging.

I am curious as to what type of land your property has been built on?

wearytravellers

Message Posted:
18/06/2007 12:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 73 in Discussion

Geez guys that was fast for reply's to my posting, I didn't mean it to sound Bitchy, but there are a lot of people buying property out in Esentepe and good luck to you all, but, please remeber YOU will have trouble with electricity , water etc AND I know that a lot of developments have a shop, on site restaurant, club house and so on. However, If you have bought purely for a holiday and to lend out to your friends and family, then that's fine, but if you have bought to rent it out, problem 1 TAX, problem 2 TAX and finally problem 3 TAX !!!! The TRNC government can't wait to get your Tax from your holiday let income and believe me your areas are being targeted...so be aware.

I think it will be a considerable time before there will be any infrastructure available to serve the needs of literally thousands of residents in that area.However, it will be intersting to see when it happens...5 years maybe ??

Izzet

Message Posted:
18/06/2007 13:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 73 in Discussion

Wearytravellers is probably right about the infrastructure and most things, but if I were to buy a house, I'd still buy in Esentepe

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
18/06/2007 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 73 in Discussion

That's very considerate of you Wearytravellers to be worrying about us paying tax! I can afford to pay tax! What about you?

ttoli

Message Posted:
18/06/2007 14:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 73 in Discussion

Weary travellers are you intentionally setting out to antagonise others?, having lived here for 18 months now you come across just like the hundreds of other whingers who have nothing better to do all day than spoil peoples dreams,very insensitive of you. For some people the very fact that they are in the middle of nowhere is why they purchased there in the 1st place, i take it you are not aware of the Tax increase that Lapta Beledyse are planning. Ho Ho Ho.

Mountain Edge

Message Posted:
18/06/2007 14:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 73 in Discussion

I say everybody to their own. We all have different ideas of utopia and what suits one might not suit another. Such is life. I love Karsiyaka but accept it might not be everybodies cup of tea.

Buy where you like and enjoy it, good luck to you all wherever you might be.

whitemad

Message Posted:
18/06/2007 14:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 73 in Discussion

Have I missed something?? When I was over staying in my place in ESENTEPE at Easter there were 3 supermarkets, 3 restaurants, a doctor's surgery and a place to buy petrol in the village! Those of us who have chosen to purchase property anywhere in the TRNC should support each other!

Lozzie

Message Posted:
18/06/2007 15:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 73 in Discussion

We too looked at the Esentepe area and although it is a stunning area, it was a little remote for us, and we also decided on Lapta, like has been said already to each their own, it would be boaring if we all like the same thing.

wearytrallever where have you bought in Lapta?

Best wishes to everyone who has bought in whcih ever area

desert rose

Message Posted:
18/06/2007 17:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 73 in Discussion

Each to their own, whats all the fuss..... some of you trnc people dont half seem fussy buggers..........

Its good that they give this opinion of the area as it might not be to liking of someone else who is in the process of buying there, and dont want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere..

Good advice which is what we all need

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
18/06/2007 17:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 73 in Discussion

I just think the whole thread is a waste of time!! Whats the point in saying such stuff because everyone is going to have their own opinion. Only the grown up ones keep it to themselves!

only me

Message Posted:
18/06/2007 19:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 73 in Discussion

what happened to your photo, Nicky?

it was the highlight of this board!!

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
18/06/2007 20:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 73 in Discussion

I agree with Whitemad. We should support eachother, wherever we buy.

Posts like Wearytavellers can polarise and are only valuable to potential purchasers if they take in to account a more balanced view. I have bought in Lapta but it was a damn hard decision, I could have easily bought in Esentepe as there are lots and lots of good things about that area too. Each area has it pluses and minuses.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
18/06/2007 20:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 73 in Discussion

Hi "only me"! I put the photo on one night after a few glasses of wine and never got round to asking Izzet to take it off until recently! Changed my mind having my mugshot on there! Sorry! :(

DONTY

Message Posted:
18/06/2007 21:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 73 in Discussion

man.... these people step off the plane and become North Cyprus experts in the blink of an eye!

another buyer contributing to the destruction of Lapta... what a shame. it used to be such a pretty village but with all the new apartment blocks being squeezed in (building percentages are much higher in the villages) it has lost its charm.

i do hope the neighbours dont object to you blocking their views and stealing their sunsets! (maybe they will protest again!)

of course it was cheap, this is because you can put more than double the amount of units on a given piece of land compared to places like Esentepe.

did you not notice that all of those shops along the main road west of town are less than 2 years old? that is because once the people move in the commerce follows...... not the other way round.... no you obviously didnt.. well it wont be any different east of town so bang goes your 'in the sticks' jibe.

next time bring some vision with you and dont trust the suited salesman from karaoglanoglu who obviously blew smoke up your a&*e.

personally im glad you bought in the Eastbourne of N.Cyp as it means i will never bump into you and have to listen to you bore the pants off of whoever will listen once you have been here for more than a week and become an old timer/expert.

p.s i hope you are used to sleepless nights as the locals dogs will howl all night and the cockerels start about 3am

millzer

Message Posted:
18/06/2007 21:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 73 in Discussion

Hmmmm, well said Donty.

Wearytraveller (yawn!!) I guess the people that have, and still are, pumping millions into Korinium Golf club & Port Cyprium Marina must be REALLY sorry that they invested all their money Before seeing your informative post. They could have saved themselves a fortune!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lapta's loss is Esentepe's gain lol.

wearytravellers

Message Posted:
19/06/2007 03:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 73 in Discussion

Thank you all for your informative and Very entertaining replys'. So Esentepe is a wonderful place...good, I,m glad all who bought there are happy. As most of you say each to their own, so enjoy your apartments in TRNC.

Moving on now........

desert rose

Message Posted:
19/06/2007 07:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 73 in Discussion

lol

davidoff

Message Posted:
20/06/2007 11:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 73 in Discussion

Hi all,

Just returned from holiday to stummble across this new thread!

weiry travellers- like all have said everyone to their own-GREAT!!

As you have made it clear that the areas we have invested are WRONG and clearly in the middle of NOWHERE you too are wrong!

LAPTA.....huumm!!! Wheres that again...aahh yeah....Near kyrenia being the only positive so far about it!

The area has its negatives aswell as esentepe and tatlisu for example- Lapta is nearer to the green line border,Nicosia & Kyrenia which is renound to have the highest GCs land dispute areas in NC- which I was kindly recommended by my turkish friend to AVOID!

Also you are in the hustle and bustle also which is great if your looking for noisy sleepless nights, higher crime rates and rubbish being tipped on your doorstep everynight!

The area is SPOILT with the shells of apartment blocks crammed into tight confined spaces overlooking one anothers properties!

By the way where is the beach..???

And also I know that NC is cheap but not that cheap....come on???

40k for a 2 bed.....??? OK so whats wrong with it then..??? Why so cheap??

Now believe it or not I will list the positives and negatives about esentepe/tatlisu!!

Negatives- Like all have said quieter area, less infrastructure!

Positives- BEST unspoilt beaches and mountain views in NC!

Peaceful, tranquil and natural!

Beach front location and developments, near to golf course and new proposed marina, famous algadi turtle beach location- voted best natural and protected beach in the world!

New main costal road nearly finished running from kyrenia to karpaz, and ercan airport to esentepe/tatlisu direct mountain road also!

Water and electricity- new plants funded by the UN - tatlisu/esentepe areas being the primary target areas for the investment and upgrade development for this!

Like they say "if you build it they will come" - this is what is happening in these areas- at the end of the day I wanted to buy in an area that is NOT polluted, noisy and spoilt- thats what I get in london no thanks!

Us who have bought here know the future potential of this area and are prepared to take that risk and wait!

The area will get more facilities and infrastructure as it will need it and the government knows this!

like I say"you dont build disney land in the middle of nowhere then HOPE that people will come -you wait for the people to come first then build disneyland and more"

Hi guys- sorry just wanted to have my say!

I have not tried to personally attack lapta or owners who have bought their but at the end of the day we are all entitled to express our reasons for investments and the areas we choose to invest in!

See ya D

HAPPY HOUSE HUNTING TO ALL!!

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
20/06/2007 12:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 73 in Discussion

This has turned out to be a good posting for anyone wanting to find out more about the pros and cons of buying in NC.

I would definately agee with you Davidoff about Lapta being an issue with regards to disputed land. I have bought in Lapta and you have ignited ny concerns.

wearytravellers

Message Posted:
20/06/2007 12:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 73 in Discussion

This thread is getting great !! 1st let me assure you all there is no land dispute. NOT ANYMORE.....sure there used to be but that is in the past. Ask your Lawyer. Yep I agree esentepe will eventually get an infrustructure but not for a while. Settling in TRNC is all about choice, you want to live in Lapta or anywhere east of Girne.....Great !! When I took a drive out there with an agent, I was overwhelmed at the huge amount of development out there, I couldn't live in that area, it's like a new town....but hey each to their own. Yes there are still some apartments around for less than 40 K well under in fact, but you need to know where and who to talk to........I did months of research before I even got there, I talked to local people, I spoke with newcomers, I interegated every Forum there is on TRNC believe me it was quite hard work. I deceided that once I got there I was going to target a development close to the Golf Course that had two Bedroom apartments off plan for 45 K, almost in the heart of Esentepe. However, once I got there a U turn !!!!!

We have settled on an apartment in a complex that is on the Cusp of Lapta and Alsancak. I can walk 10 minutes either direction and have everything I need Great Restaurants, Cafe's Supermarket, Doctor, Chemist etc etc. Part of the charm of the area is the ease in which one can make friends with the locals, and yes I agree, the Cockerels start at 5.00 am and there are lot's of them because Cock Fighting is still very much alive....went to a fight and it was so exciting, better than the ones in Bangkok !!!

So I intend to visit TRNC 5 times a year, will not rent out the place we will lock up and go, just as we do with our apartment in Johannesburg. I am lucky to be in a job that gives me 4 weeks off every 8 weeks.

So what other very positive things can I say about the area ?? oh yeah, anyone been to restaurants called Ambiance or La Figaro, both of them stunning. Ambiance is absolutely right on the water, dinner is served on a deck overhanging the waters edge......brilliant !! La Figaro is just behind it and the proprietor (Saliha) Solly to you and me is a wonderful guy, ex Covent Garden in London and really knows how to feed and entertain people. Boredhousewife, there is a shop along the road towards Lapta, Iceland (UK) products and they have a vast stock of South African, French and German wines...Brilliant. They also have a huge stock of Frozen food....we bought Kippers for our Sunday AM Breakfast...Delish

The beaches: Golden Beach less than 5 minutes from Lapta, Escape Beach another 5 at the most.....then of course you can head out towards Guzelyurt, plenty beaches on the way....we took a drive out to the area and was absolutely amazed at the Fruit etc growing in the area. We stopped and picked Fresh Oranges from the tree, they really mad the car smell great !! We stopped at a village on the way for lunc and had cold Meze for Lunch with fresh Pitta bread and Apple Tea.....8 YTL what a deal !!! The owners introduced us to just about the whole family and sent us on our way with a bag of Fresh Strawberries, what a pleasure !!!! Yep a lot can be said for TRNC, I have been fortunate enough to travel a fair bit in my life and never have I experienced this kind of friendly hospitality anywhere.

So to all you people out there, get yourself a car, forget about the Pool (difficult if you are holidaying with kids) and explore, my wife and I took a drive to the Karpas for the day, found a beach that was absolutey deserted except for 2 inquisitive Donkeys (wild ones) we both went Skinny Dipping and......

Now that's living !!!!!

We have enjoyed so many peoples company, we found the Fez to be a great Pub....Need a Plumber, Carpenter,Painter, mechanic.....ALL the retired, semi retired and Settlers all hang out there a great pub. Desperate for a really good Curry.....drive up t

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
20/06/2007 14:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 73 in Discussion

Hi Wearytravellers

Looks like you are on your way to writing a tourist guide book for NC. Let me know when it is published

Your statement 'let me assure you there is no land dispute anymore'. Is this bravado (you strike me as a tough no nonsense charachter - an avid interest in cock fighting gave this away) or do you have access to some really useful information on this. Would love to know more.

Hi Davidoff

Which type of land did you buy on? Pre 74, Esdeger or TMD

Bradus

Message Posted:
20/06/2007 19:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 73 in Discussion

No land dispute anymore?

Do the Greek Cypriots know this?

Are the Orams aware of this?

Do some research and not with estate agents and TRNC solicitors. I think people need to buy property in North Cyprus with a good knowledge of the political situation and insight into what might happen in the future.

Bradus

Message Posted:
20/06/2007 19:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 73 in Discussion

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/news/main.php?id=33075&cat_id=1

Check this out weary travellers.

davidoff

Message Posted:
21/06/2007 02:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 73 in Discussion

Hi all,

weiry travellers I am sorry to hear but by the sounds of things you have fallen into the hands of agents fairytales!

Although trnc have declared that there are no land disputes anymore then why did they feel the need to seek funding and set up a property commision which was introduced by the UN for disputes?

The meer fact that TRNC is NOT LEGALLY RECONGNISED by any other country than turkey makes title deeds and land issues also illegal as they are issued by a independant government body who occupies the north!

I am not bringing this up to frighten or scare others or that I am a GC extremist like what you can find on some other forums, but you need to be honest and tell it how it is!!!

With your list of recommendations for restaurants and bars all you have done is sarcastically tried to rub salt in others wounds as you may have an array of facilities at your beck and call but for others in the so called derelict and deserted areas of NC far away from civilisation these restaurant are only distant memories and dreams!!!

But I will have the beauty of seclusion, privacy the best mountain views and MY OWN FIRST LINE BEACH FRONT PROPERTY- lazing around by the pool or on the beach with a pina colada in one hand from the onsite bar/restaurant and my real title deeds in the other!!

Clearly you are the only person who has been mislead and have fallen vulnerable and gullable to the agents spell of charm!!

Good luck to all who have invested- all to their own! I thought us NCs were supposed to stick together and support each other , I was calm and untainted until I read this thread!

Theres always someone who feels that they are better than the rest and that their decision was the right one in comparison, at the same time convincing others that they were wrong and stupid clearly in their decision making and presume that others didnt do their research before hand and that they are ignorant and hasty in their investment!

Sorry but clearly you need to figure out who you are?? and what your doing here?? What are your intentions??

To contribute actively and positively to the OWNERS forums?? Or to stir the pot???

Take care D

wearytravellers

Message Posted:
21/06/2007 03:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 73 in Discussion

Davidoff:

With regards to the title issue, if anyone came to my door claiming the land was his or hers, then I would politely strike a deal wherby he or she could have the land as long as they were prepared to give back the land in the South they were given as compensation !!! Do you think they would continue to persue their claim ?? Don't think so !!! I have bought property on exchange land. Besides which if it all goes against me, the financial exposure is small enough to walk away from, buy ing in any Foreign country is a gamble, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

The restaurants I have highlited are for the benefit of anyone who wants to take a drive west of Girne and check it all out, both restaurants are very upmarket and probably not suited to you, if you wish there are a few Mcdonalds around for you to enjoy. I am so happy that you have a beachfront property and you are comfortable with it.....good luck, but the Pina Colada !!! Next you will be admiting to be a Karaoke Singer !!!

I did not use the services of an agent, I found my own property through word of mouth and recommendation. I have a totally independant Lawyer a young Scottish lad from Arbroath in Scotland, 40 miles south of my original home town, so no worries there.

What do I intend to do with the apartment ? Use it for Holidays, maybe even live there for a while between work contracts, sell it for a profit...who knows, who cares !!

Good luck to one and all in their respective Cyprus properties, legally owned or not....doesn't matter. See you at the Golf Club, Harbour in Girne, Supermarket or wherever.

Anyone looking for sound information, lawyer recomendation, or a holiday apartment for less than 36K give me a shout.

Cheers

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
21/06/2007 14:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 73 in Discussion

You really are quite a nasty pieces of work aren't you wearytravellers! You are the ones that started all this off so you deserve everything that is coming to you on this one.

Izzet - can we delete this please cos its really starting to wind everyone up and this forum has been great so far - we dont need crap like this or people like this who are prepared to stir everyone up. Its pointless and doesn't serve any purpose whatsoever.

DONTY

Message Posted:
21/06/2007 14:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 73 in Discussion

no leave in on.

if people write uneducated rubbish then they should expect to get flamed... especially if they enjoy seeing animals being hurt for their entertainment.

annie

Message Posted:
21/06/2007 15:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 73 in Discussion

Hi Nikki

I am sorry to admit I have been reading these posts over the last few days.

I have resisted the urge to post a comment until today.

I do not live in TRNC yet, and am still trying to be objective researching information etc, and would not have dared to add to this debate, as the only conclusion I have come to so far is that I do not know anywhere near enough to give an opinion.

I very much try to adhere to the saying "live and let live."

I have come to my own conclusion about weary traveller (I have deliberately left of the "s" as I may be doing the poor lady an injustice assuming she agrees with him.)

I can see where you are coming from when you ask izzet to close this saga but that would not really be right. As even he has the right to his say. As we have the right to answer or ignore. If everyone else feels as you do then it will drop of the page eventually. In some ways it is good though as it does highlight the fact that we should all make our own investigations, sure listen to what’s being said but not to trust one persons opinion on such a complex issue.

I hope this note is taken in the spirit it is meant. As I really would not want to be tarred with weary travellers brush.

shona2

Message Posted:
21/06/2007 16:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 73 in Discussion

Hi Annie & Nikki,

I too have resisted the urge to add to this thread but I have to whole heartedly agree with you both. I remember reading the first post and thought oh my God! Not only at what had been written but the tone in which it had been written. I too visited Estentepe/ Bacheli back in March and did think it was a bit too far out for my liking but I certainly didnt rush back to write anything on this forum about my views, and certainly not to ridicule those people who had bought there!

And as for Cock Fighting....just dont get me started!

Shona

norths4me

Message Posted:
21/06/2007 16:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 73 in Discussion

wearytravellers

I have also bought a property out in the "wilderness" and am delighted with both location and facilities.

I have read over this thread and am convinced you are just stirring it and trying to be smug and congrats you have succeeded.

You have made yoursel look very small by your stupid comments over Davids post andb the MacDonalds jibe was pathetic.

I am from a lot further North than you and am dissapointed that you have turned out to be a fellow Scot GROW UP

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
21/06/2007 16:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 73 in Discussion

Don't feel it is warranted in remove this posting.

I like you am not impressed with cock fighting, but being bullish is just wearytravellers style of communicating. He enjoys the verbal combat.

Although excrutiating I feel some (not all) of his comments do inform.

DONTY

Message Posted:
21/06/2007 19:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 73 in Discussion

hmmmm

upmarket restaurants?.... that depends from which angle you are looking.

i would call them very nice but upmarket not sure bout that, just my perception!

there are no Mcdonalds in N.Cyp just Burger City which is the Turkish version of Burger King and there are only a handful (only 1 on the whole north coast(Lapta side of town by the way)).

your ever so clever line about offering a deal with the gc who owned/owns your land for land on the south and him/her running away ..... ha ha ha

you mention exchange land like it makes a big difference... you dont think that it has been exchanged with the gcs do you? did you know if you had even 1 point for exchange land and the rest was TMD points the kocan shows ES and this is sold as exchange. if you add up all the exchange land in the north it adds up to more than all of the land tcs owned on the south before the war.

buying thru word of mouth... whos mouth, what words....the local loony who told you to be part of the destruction of once lovely Lapta? to me the onslaught of apartment building is Lapta is a bit like building a holiday estate bang next door to the Taj Mahal or underneath the Eiffel tower ..... it spoils the look somewhat eh!

whats wrong with pina colada? i dont like cocktails but what is posh enough for you?

going back to your earlier post, i have been reliably informed that there are so far around 60 deals in the system for commercial premises in the Esentepe area along the main road.. so dont worry folks youll have plenty of amenities

the only good move you made was using the services of Terry Hamilton (or Tel to his buddies) who not only is a great lawyer but can also boogie the night away with the best of em.

please please please folks: do not buy on the strength of individuals who have done a bit of internet research and present themselves as an expert. i have lived here for years and am connected to the business and i believe i understand the market, but i will never consider myself to be a expert as there is no end to the learning and whats more it is all perception.

come, listen, talk, research and take a gamble but never make the mistake of assuming you know it all.

Bradus

Message Posted:
21/06/2007 19:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 73 in Discussion

I also don't feel the post should be removed. People have a right to air their views even if it was done with very little tact, diplomacy and respect for other peoples feelings. Weartravellers you are so wrong about how you have interpreted Exchange land. Are you actually implying that a GC has willingly and legally done a land swap with a TC? I have invested in the TRNC and I am happy with my purchase but I did this having identified the risks involved and using informed choice. A little more research might give you a better insight. This is meant as positive advice that I hope you will take constructive.

Bradus

Message Posted:
21/06/2007 20:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 73 in Discussion

Sorry meant to write :constructively

davidoff

Message Posted:
22/06/2007 00:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 73 in Discussion

Hi all,

Thankyou for those who have made mature and constructive comments among owners!

Unfortunately I do not pretend to know everything as I am not an arrogant person- easy going at heart in fact!

I too felt the urge many a times not to be drawn into this debate but unfortunately the urge and patience got the better of me on this occasion!

Clearly weiry trav you feel that I am from a much lower class than yourselves -this is actually quite the opposite Im afraid sorry to disappoint you!

I retaliated for one reason only to your comments and that is that I do not like to see people come onto the forum to slander other owners - as I feel this is morally wrong, we all have our own personal views about everything in life but I do not have a habit of being that blunt and rude about it!

THE FACTS ARE AS FAR AS I AM AWARE IS-That exchange land policy only exists in NC so how are you going to threaten a GC to take their land if they take yours, legally you dont have a leg to stand on as Gcs have never entered into these kind of agreements and ROC would never enter into negotiations over this!

Clearly you are the area famed for macdonalds and fast food take aways as we have nothing remember!

I am not even going to entertain this anymore its pathetic, time consuming and really not me or my nature or personal trait unlike others!

Take care-D

LIFE GOES ON- DONT WORRY BE HAPPY!

wearytravellers

Message Posted:
22/06/2007 04:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 73 in Discussion

To one and all on this forum; Listen this thread has been great, for the following reasons, if you read back the reply's from everybody, there has been posted so much information that it would definetly help others who are even considering buying in TRNC !!

It gives information on where or where not to buy based on peoples experience

It gives a recommendation for a good lawyer and yes I agree Terry Hamilton is VERY VERY good and as stated he likes to party, his flat at Girne Harbour is stunning.

It gives great information about Burger joints, as said ther is only one, so if anyone intending to go to TRNC on a self catering deal with their kids, they will know where to go.

It gives information on Holiday apartments that are below 40 K

It even gives reviews on the Restaurants I mentioned

It continues to add value to anyone who is remotely considering a vist to TRNC with the idea of dipping their toe in the Property market.

Yeah and I agree with everyones comments, this thread was started in an arrogant style with the full intention of stirring the Sh*t. However look at it objectively.....A LOT OF INFORMATION is in this thread, from time to time the forum could use a little stirring, just to get the blood warmed up. Sure if someone else had started the thread, I would have jumped in on the defensive, just like you all did. There are even comments from people that have not posted reply's in a long time, that could only be good, as they might start being more active.

So in the end, I will not apologise for the Rude, Arrogant, Selfish way in which I conducted this thread. A lot of people have passed on some valuable knowledge within their comments, I for one am a little more educated and long it may it continue.

My heartfelt thanks go out to everyone who have bothered to post a repy, it has been and continues to be a great forum.

Wherever you live in TRNC East/west wherever, I am pretty sure your decisions were based on sound judgement AND most of all it matched your dreams. Therefore on that basis, I wish each and every one of you a happy time in TRNC whatever you do.........Live the dream !!!!

Thanks everyone

Have a really great weekend......and keep looking for another Arrogant string....sometime !!!

sjw1979

Message Posted:
22/06/2007 08:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 73 in Discussion

Go ahead D, we're all behind you x

victoriasloss

Message Posted:
22/06/2007 09:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 73 in Discussion

Hello All

After setting up the website;

http://www.trncpropertywaarning.freewebsites.com,

We have sat back and listened to comments both good and bad. The website is full of documented truth, this has to be for legal purposes, and you will note that there are no names named unless we have the documented evidence available. We have purposly omitted from using the site to "slagg off" any individual who does not deserve it. We have uncovered a whole Pandora's Box within Northern Cyrpus and our parent's story has really become a very very tiny part of the web of intrigue and lies that is prevelant in the TRNC amongst its criminal fraternity, its really quite frightening.

We are not only Vikki and Simon now but have become a band of 200+ people wanting their own justices within the TRNC, with people from ALL walks of life and we have even attracted members from overseas as far as Australia who have been ripped-off, so basically it does not matter whether you have bought in Lapta, Esenteppe or tim-buck-too, if you have your keys and deeds that you are indeed the lucky ones !

As this tangled web unfolds there will be more dark and deep secrets appearing involving the most influential of people

Watch The Media in the very very near future !

victoriasloss

Message Posted:
22/06/2007 09:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 73 in Discussion

sorry even spelt the website wrong, but then its early here !!

http://www.trncpropertywarning.freewebsites.com

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
22/06/2007 10:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 73 in Discussion

Oh not you again Victorialoss - you are another one that wants to stir things up. Stick to your own website and stop using this one. What you are talking about is completely different to what wearytravellers started - yours is about loss not infrastructure

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
22/06/2007 10:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 73 in Discussion

P.S. The media are the worst - they never get the facts right anyway - so everyone ignore the media because its all bull and hype to get people wound up.

I mean look at that stupid channel 4 programme recently - that was so inconclusive. It said nothing that everyone doesn't know already - some builders you can trust some you can't - DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

DONTY

Message Posted:
22/06/2007 10:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 73 in Discussion

im with boredhousewife .................................... i wish ;)

Mountain Edge

Message Posted:
22/06/2007 11:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 73 in Discussion

Weary Traveller, so you went with Terry Hamilton then. Was that off my recommendation . He is a lovely lad, isn't he.

davidoff

Message Posted:
22/06/2007 12:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 73 in Discussion

Hi all,

I appreciate some of your previous comments as they contradict some of your earlier posts! Seems to me someone feels the need to backtrack!

weiry trav- you may be intelligent but you stated more educated than others -what with regards to NC ....??? This is not visible in the comments regarding NC legislation and legalities as you have been mis-informed on numerous occasions with regards to purchasing information!

All for there own!! I totally agree - but I do not express openly or intend on criticising others for their choices!

MANY AND NEARLY ALL OWNERS HAVE ALL PURCHASED IN EAST NC!

Anyway time will tell for all!!

Good luck all-take care D

wearytravellers

Message Posted:
22/06/2007 13:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 73 in Discussion

Mountain Edge: I sure did follow your advise, he is one of the best, so down to earth NO bull and works hard for his client......Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.

Davidoff: I totally agree, I have numerous comments from many people with contradicting information, I guess that is why I left it in the hands of a good solicitor....I don't think I need to know all about the contraversy. However he did obtain from the developer the title for the property and it all checked out properly....so I am not worried in the slightest. Liked your posts...got you biting eh ??

To all who bothered to post a reply. Thank you, you are all so wonderful, keep up the great flow of info, it's invaluable !!! and finally to Desert Rose from Dubai, who has posted only twice, I bet you have thorougly enjoyed following this string ? Why don't you post some topic yourself ??

Mwah....x

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
22/06/2007 18:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 73 in Discussion

Have a nice weekend everyone!

desert rose

Message Posted:
23/06/2007 07:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 73 in Discussion

Hello,

Yes im still here and I have enjoyed reading all the info. Great fun.... I am in the process of buying in the Esentepe area. Which is a very beautiful area, like all of NC. Each to their own......

I am eventually going to make NC my home. Cant wait..

davidoff

Message Posted:
23/06/2007 12:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 73 in Discussion

Hi all,

WT-Im happy that you are confident in your solicitor....But is he based in NC or UK...??? As this can make a huge difference!!

Dont mind biting at the moment- quite amusing!!

See ya D

wearytravellers

Message Posted:
25/06/2007 06:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 73 in Discussion

Davidoff: Solicitor is based in Girne, and I was lucky enough to have him recommended to me by a memeber of this Forum.

Isn,t it interesting that even though I started this thread in a very deragotory fashion, that a few people have found it amusing ? and that some people have learned quite a bit about TRNC, even you have had input AND admitted it has been amusing !!!!

51 reply's and if you look back at all the comments, A LOT OF INFORMATION !!

makes you think ?? I might start "Trouble" again later this week !!!!!!

davidoff

Message Posted:
25/06/2007 18:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 73 in Discussion

Hi all,

WT- You are right you made a few peoples blood boil with your comments- but where have they all gone now...???

"LOT OF INFORMATION" I dont call recommendations and slandering of restaurants and people very USEFUL!

And taking personal recommendations from forum users - thats all well and fine as that is where the forum does come in handy!

But also you have to beware of companies, agents and people linked to the recommendations also as this happens regularly!

Do some of your OWN research thats the key and dont trust anyone especially when they want your money- people are always nice to you and tell you what you want to hear when they want your money!!!

See Ya D

lesleyd

Message Posted:
06/08/2007 19:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 73 in Discussion

Hmm

Wearytravellers seem to know quite a lot about most subjects on North Cyprus, they seem to answer questions on every subject, how long have you been going to North Cyprus may I ask? and also what kind of cheap thrill do you get out of watching animal cruelty?

eager

Message Posted:
19/08/2007 23:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 73 in Discussion

went to nc in may to look at property. didnt buy thank god, glad to get back away from all those dreamers and fools who have fallen for all the hype and are now trying to justify their purchase. goverment is not doing anything to help this place become viable. if property prices in nc were at the same level as other places do you think that anyone would consider buying there? no neither do i.

simbas

Message Posted:
20/08/2007 10:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 73 in Discussion

i am one of those fools who purchased a villa in nc some years ago, before all the hype as you put it.i am very happy with my villa and certainly dont have to justify my purchase in any way or to anyone.Price had no bearing on my purchase. Could it be that people really love the place and the people!!! i have property in africa too and i bought there because i just love the place and the people .I say the people of nc had a narrow escape when you decided not to buy. i for one am ,when i go there i only meet genuine interesting people who are full of optimism for their country and expats who feel the same way. Leave us to enjoy our puchases and just for the record i dont think people in any country would want you for a neighbour with an attitude like that, but i do wish you good luck you are going to need it

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
20/08/2007 10:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 73 in Discussion

Simbas if you read most of Eager's threads they are negative anyway! Perhaps he has his head in the gutter!! :(

kyrenia007

Message Posted:
20/08/2007 12:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 73 in Discussion

I too have recently joined "Team Tatlisu" and invested in an apartment in the forthcoming Turtle Bay Beach project. Yes it is remote, yes the facilities are not on par with Kyrenia, yes there are not as many restaurants or Lemar/Tempo/Astro supermarkets lining the streets but Tatlisu is not Kyrenia. I think everyone who has invested there is fully aware of the potential of the area in the next 5-10 years. For starters Tatlisu is in the district of Famagusta and has some of the most beautiful coves and beaches on the island. I am Turkish Cypriot and faced a certain degree of ridicule from my immediate family for choosing Tatlisu because in their words it is in the middle of nowhere! But this is what we want! To look out and see nothing but blue sea! It is a simple choice of lifestyle! I love Kyrenia but it will always be there and is a 25 minute drive away - in the meantime I am happy member of Team Tatlisu!

PS If you think Tatlisu/Esentepe is remote take a drive to Sadrazamhoy (far western peninsula and see what developments have sprung out from the middle of nowhere - I could not believe it myself). Spectacular views though!

kyrenia007

Message Posted:
20/08/2007 12:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 73 in Discussion

Edit: Sadrazamkoy

simbas

Message Posted:
20/08/2007 15:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 73 in Discussion

Hi Boredhousewife

I am curious as to know why Eager is so interested in this forum if he is so negative ,does he have a hidden agenda i wonder?This fool for one is truely intrigued

S

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
20/08/2007 15:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 73 in Discussion

Simbas - really not sure to be honest with you - maybe he is just one of these people who is always moaning/never happy - you know what I mean!

simbas

Message Posted:
20/08/2007 15:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 73 in Discussion

BHW Unfortunatly i do, but i do have sympathy for him, he cant be a very happy person for him to react in such a way. S

Susie

Message Posted:
03/09/2007 16:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 73 in Discussion

We too 'stumbled' accross the developments at Sadrazmakoy when doing our regular explore! If people want remote - go there!

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
04/09/2007 09:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 73 in Discussion

Just to add my 2 bob's worth.

My retired parents went on holiday to the Kyrenia area in 1982, when it was a lot more basic than now and far less luxuries were available. They loved the place so much they never went back to UK apart from to sell up.

They both died loving the place and are now in the English cemetery in Kyrenia.

Stavros

Message Posted:
04/09/2007 13:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 73 in Discussion

Nice liitle plug for the Riverside, obviously cleaned their act up from the days when 5 yearold kids were waking mummy and daddy up at four in the morning to ask what kind of movie was being made at the poolside and why was that man from reception i wearing no clothes, maybe the entertainment has been tamed down at night for reasons that were unexplained to our wearytravellers.

ukturk

Message Posted:
04/09/2007 13:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 73 in Discussion

im going to put some peoples back up a bit with this but i have been reading this post and find the mentality of some of these expats very dosile have you never heard of the saying different strokes for different folks!!!!

Ok lapta is more built up than most villages east and west but for me and many cypriot people have said essentepe is the place to be for investment and for beauty firstly the new gold club will atract lots of buisness via it be houses selling - shopping etc and secondly the new mariana which will atract many and needed boats people to the area which in turn will help the cyprus economy i.e jobs. So when you get people (some not all) coming over from blighty to make a home in my beloved country and they think they know it all about cyprus and all the areas it really ticks me off!!!

Why dont these so called expats and think they know it all's go back to france and spain where they will be welcomed back with open arms NOT!!!!!!

Not trying to sound rude and people who live in lapta but i would never live in lapta for the main reason i moved from the U.K to get away from most things english not to be in the middle of little britain

Stavros

Message Posted:
04/09/2007 14:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 73 in Discussion

I agree with UTUrk, although in the defence of "little Britain" and like all other societies a few bad apples try and spoil it for what is on the whole a good bunch of expats who if the truth was known could not give a flying duck who lives where, what restaurants they use, how much is in their neighbours bank.

the bad apples become bar stool politicians trying to bring a little bit of Blighty nonsense to their new found castle.

I shouldn't knock it till I try it, but when that day comes please turn the bar stool over and impale me on one of the legs!

smoggyjim

Message Posted:
04/09/2007 14:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 73 in Discussion

I totally agree with ukturk, having worked overseas for some 30 years I am looking forward to retirement in Esenteppe where the coutryside is so beautifull and peaceful. If some of the expats do not like it here then I suggest they go back home and leave the rest of us in peace.

ukturk

Message Posted:
04/09/2007 14:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 73 in Discussion

L.O.L stavros are you my new found friend

its true that them few bad apples do rock the apple kart but its them apples who get heard the most which in turn ruins all the good apples so everyone gets tarnished with the same brush!!!! for example i know many good decent british people who live in spain & france but if you ask any of the local french and spainish people most not all of them say they dont like them.

ive got the same problem here in Marmaris Turkey with a quite a few ROTTEN apples thats why im moving back home (cyprus)

So please i dont care how much money you got who you know and what you know (unless its helpfull) like stavros said leave your Blighty nonsense back in blighty (thats why most of you left the U.K to get away from all the s..t!!!!)

ukturk

Message Posted:
04/09/2007 15:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 73 in Discussion

thank you and i take my hat off to you smoggyjim you managed to keep away from blighty for 30 years (only joking) ive only managed 10 years away from the U.K but sometimes go back to London for a holiday (if you can call it a holiday) and ive spent most of them 10 years between Turkey and KKTC.

Anyway good luck to you mate in your retirement and hopefully see you around in essentepe for us poor old people who live in this dreadfull place

L.O.L (again only joking)!!!!

DarrenW

Message Posted:
04/09/2007 21:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 73 in Discussion

How far is the nearest supermarket to Esentepe, are there many local restaurants?

wearytravellers

Message Posted:
05/09/2007 04:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 73 in Discussion

geez..........Did I start something or what ???? 71 replys to one Obnoxious thread.........makes me proud !!!!

This has been one of the best entertaining reads I have seen on this forum !! A lot of people have added value to it. The thread has been very informative, entertaing to read and I can't believe the amount of people who have contacted me via my email OFF forum and now I have a good circle of Virtual buddies some of whom I have arranged to meet ( at the Riverside at 4 am in the morning ...nudge nudge, wink wink !!!)

God bless you all

ukturk

Message Posted:
05/09/2007 14:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 73 in Discussion

see the thing is wearytravellers when you write things that you are not 100% clued up on this is what hapenens you get loads of people who take it personally im glad that lapta is the place for you like i said in my previous posts lapta is a bit more developed and maybe its because you want to be around all the other expats who live there and not embrace cyprus for its culture but for many others including myself essentepe and surronding areas is the place to be.

if you are around cyprus long enuf (not sure you will with all the friends you have made!!! L.O.L) you will see how these areas will be like gold mine especially with all the work thats going on around their i.e new mariana - golf course and new roads serving famagusta ercan and lefkosa

good luck to you in your search for happiness in my beloved country

P.S and please try not to turn out like the small percentage of small minded expats living here

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.