North Cyprus Tourist Board - my 90 day visa for north cyprus is running out on 14.05.10
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > my 90 day visa for north cyprus is running out on 14.05.10

my 90 day visa for north cyprus is running out on 14.05.10

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

dippersgirl

Message Posted:
04/05/2010 19:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

I was going to go on the ferry to Taşucu and come straight back after I had my passport stamped there. Now somebody says you must stay there overnight. Then somebody said 2 nights.

Somebody else said just go the South. Then again somebody said you must stay overnight there too. We probably will apply for residency, but haven't got all the documents together.

Here in Dipkarpaz information is hard to come by.

Who can help???

Brinsley

Message Posted:
04/05/2010 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

The law once was, leave one day and return the following which could have been done by leaving by ferry which arrived just before midnight in Turkey then reembark arriving back the following day. Not advised as the ship is a smelly rust bucket! I think this now can be done by going South-side the day before your expiry date.

Richard

lesleyb

Message Posted:
04/05/2010 20:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Hi, my husband and daughter went to the South yesterday to get their 90 days, and were only given 10 days,

they have been to the South before and have had no problems they have never had to stay overnight, but I think you are right a trip across to Turkey and an overnight stay may be the way to go.

Regards Lesleyb

Offshore1

Message Posted:
04/05/2010 20:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

I think it all depends on the mood of the immigration officer. My wife, A Chinese passport holder was given 30 days coming in through Metehan, (she already had a 30 day visa for the South) with my British passport I got 90 days. We went South for an afternoon crossing at Ledra Street and on return we both got 90 days. There probably is a tablet of stone on this somewhere but I doubt if the officers make much reference to it. Might be worth a quick trip Southwards first to see which way the wind is blowing before venturing on the high seas.

Hilltop

Message Posted:
04/05/2010 20:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

It's all on the computer, why not just bite the bullet and get residency like the rest of us?

catalkoykid

Message Posted:
04/05/2010 21:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

hilltop why would we want to make your mistake lol

Brinsley

Message Posted:
04/05/2010 21:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Must be a lot of expatriates with white sticks out there! It's TEMPORARY VISITOR not residency though as the TRNC yearly stamp does not come in braille form, all is forgiven!

Richard

ianwfs

Message Posted:
05/05/2010 00:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

You must remember that although 90 days is the norm, it can be for any period. If the immigration officer thinks that you've only left the country to get another 90 days and avoid the residency rules, you are likely to get less. Frequently you get whatever was left of your 90 days.

If you are one of the sequential 90 day visa people, bear in mind that you could be refused entry or be deported. It's not worth the risk. And the fines are not exactly cheap.

dippersgirl

Message Posted:
06/05/2010 10:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

No, I'm not one of THOSE people. This is the first time we have wanted to stay over the 90 day limit. The only reason we were trying to extent our stay this way is that here information is hard to come by on procedures and an extra 90 days would give us more time to sort a temporary visitor residency. We hadn't planned to stay that much longer but now want to.We are the first to apply in Dipkarpaz. We went to the police station a couple of days ago and now they sent us to Iskele with all the required documents including our marriage certificate! Nobody else lists that as a requirement. As if one carries that around in the handbag. Certainly not after 40 years.

If we goes to the south, how long do we have to stay?

Thanks all for helping

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
06/05/2010 10:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

As mentioned by previous posters, the amount of days that you will be given on your visitors visa is really down to the mood of the immigration officer on duty at the time of crossing. Before you head to Turkey, I would suggest that you pop over to the South, stay for a couple of hours and then come back across. What you will get may vary from what you have left on your visa up to 90 days - it really depends on the mood of the officer on duty. Worth a try before you got to the expense and inconvenience of heading across to Turkey.

Paul

dippersgirl

Message Posted:
06/05/2010 10:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

I think we will do that and afterwards we can apply the the temporary visa, thanks paul

Pippie

Message Posted:
06/05/2010 11:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

I was told similar things to the above comments some time ago although I was also advised, in order to try to make sure we got the 90 day stamp (just in case you get a 'jobsworth'!), try to explain to the customs officer that you have business in the North and that you need the maximum permit available. You might as well do it sooner rather than leave it to the last couple of days, then it'll be one less thing to worry about while you make the application for the residency application. Good luck.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.