North Cyprus Tourist Board - Digiturk or Nilesat?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Digiturk or Nilesat?

Digiturk or Nilesat?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

batterboy58

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 02:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

We will be spending only a few weeks at our apartment per year and am wondering whether to go for Digiturk 1 year up front basic package, or Nilesat which has been offered to us at £150 once only payment for install and no subscription.

Any thoughts?

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 08:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

hi bb58

take a look at the bottom of the page ( tv ) and see views etc .

lots on this previous,i have been in similar dilemna and opted for a f.t.a (free to air) system .

one off payment then fitting nilesat and hotbird .

kav

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

A question for the IT experts.

All the pay per view channels seem to be attcking the people who are getting freebies.

There are several food free to air channels on Nilesat but the majority of the "good channels" are through Showtime which is pay TV like Dodgyturk.

What happens if you pay the £150 or whatever and the pay channels switch you off?

I know the channels are encrypted and people are always breaking the current codes and passing them on to viewers but how long is this going to viable?

ukturk

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 14:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

hi batterboy

i would defo go for the nilesat system you dont have to pay any subscription plus receiver is yours where with digiturk you have to give back the box, and there is enuf channels to keep you occupied like dubai tv, mbc 2, mbc 3, mbc 4, fox movies, kuwait 2 tv and mtv all these are in english with arabic subtitlies

cyprushome where ever there is pay channels there is someone that is hacking them, this has gone on for many years and will carry on, like i said to many peope the best boxes is to go for the next with a usb port because these boxes have the capability to crack these codes, its true the best channels on nilesat is thru the showtime package but still you have 6/7 free channels that are very good quality

regards

ukturk

batterboy58

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 18:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Hi ukturk

I have read a lot of your previous post on TV matters most of which are more technical than I wish to get. I am happy to take your advice as you seem to have understood my question well in as much as I just wish to switch on the TV and watch and occasionally change channels. (simple)

Many thanks John

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 21:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

hi ukturk

have you sorted that for me and lem ?

kav

will email you a question, please could you reply via email

Kitty1

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 10:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Hi guys,

We have Nilesat, which in itself is fine. Plenty to watch, good choice of programs. However, last year when we first got it installed we paid our supplier 200 pounds for installation and 200 for the subscription. Then Easter week we came home from work one day to find we had been switched off. Another subscription fee was required (ok, I thought it was annual, but I hadn't been reminded it was due), but the fee had gone up to 280 pounds and it took them a week to switch it back on. When it came back on, we did not have our sports channels, which we did previously. On querying this we were advised that these now also cost extra and it would be another 80 quid to have them back. And it took another 5 days to sort that out after we had paid.

Not a happy bunny. Have made a note on the calendar for next year and will be looking at other options.

Dancer

Message Posted:
08/07/2008 00:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Hi ukturk have been awaiting your reply. We were over in TBV last week and bought the Next Super Plus box and had two dishes installed. Now need to obtain information from you in order that we can get the extra channels sorted when we are back out in September. Can you reply to my private email address with your bank details etc.

Thanks

Anne

ukturk

Message Posted:
08/07/2008 10:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

hi anne

ill check my email inbox sorry did not notice any emal from you i get so many each day!!! lol ill answer to you asap

regards

ukturk

suziQ

Message Posted:
22/08/2008 23:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Hi ukturk

I have been following your advice on this forum as you seem to be very knowledgable in these matters.... I plan to buy a Next Super Plus box and have two dishes installed next month when I next visit. I would like to arrange for you to send me the software I require to get the extra channels. I have sent you an email but have not received any reply from you can you please reply to my email address with your bank details etc.

Best regards

Sue

ukturk

Message Posted:
22/08/2008 23:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

hi suzi

cud u send me another email checked my inbox and i dont seem to have recieved one from it mite have gone into my junk mail which get deleted after a few days

thanx

ukturk

RedSnapper

Message Posted:
23/08/2008 00:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

message 7, exactly the same happened to me....

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.