North Cyprus Tourist Board - Unıversal Bank Error ??????
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Unıversal Bank Error ??????

Unıversal Bank Error ??????

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Banks Related Threads posted so far

» See North Cyprus Interest Rates

metin

Message Posted:
06/05/2010 10:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Banked some money at Unıversal Bank ın Karaoglanoglu yesterday........they gave me the normal prınted receıpt. Then a couple of hours later I'm contacted and told the money I paid ın was short !!! And they asked for the money they quoted as short to be refunded !!!

Surely ıts checked by the clerk, before the receıpt ıs ıssued. It wasn't short anyway.

Anyone had a sımılar experıence ??????

Pippie

Message Posted:
06/05/2010 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

I wouldn't stand for that. You're right the clerks are trained to check and double check and if they've actually given you a receipt, surely that's your proof that you've paid in that amount, and their acceptance that they've taken that amount from you.

Though I don't want to point fingers, the clerk's till may have been short and they're looking for someone to who'll dip their hands in their pockets to balance it all for them!

metin

Message Posted:
06/05/2010 11:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Thats what I thought too......

I have actually been told by someone else, that ıt happens quıte regularly wıth Unıversal and to change banks.

Thats why I was waıtıng to hear from anyone else who had the same experıence.

Sal1262

Message Posted:
06/05/2010 11:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Legally (UK) because you are in possession of a receipt the balance of proof is held by you. Cash discrepancies are a common banking error, usually absorbed by the bank depending on the amount. All cash errors (UK) are investigated and have to be concluded (FSA) rules. The simplest solution for the bank is to balance the tills at the close of business and check all transactions from the bank clerk declaring the loss. If the amount lost can be narrowed down to 1 or 2 accounts, then the bank may contact the customers in question. It is then down to the honesty of the customer. There has also been a number of reported cash errors caused by the ATM process. A number of instances have occurred when the machines have paid out double what was asked for. This has lead to queues of customers thinking that they are in for a bounty. It doesn't quite work that way. All customers are traced and notified. The bottom line is, if they fail to return the cash they are reported for theft.

malsancak

Message Posted:
06/05/2010 12:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

try telling them you've just checked your receipt and discovered you put more that that is recorded on the receipt and could they change it - I don't think they'll accept that!

TheScarlets

Message Posted:
06/05/2010 12:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

I believe if a cashier has a cash discrepancy i.e. shortage they personally have to make good.

I'm sure everyone is honest though!

Ian

Whistler

Message Posted:
06/05/2010 13:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Cant complain about Universal Bank. I went to all the Turkbank machines one Sunday morning and as frequently happens they were out of order. I then went to Universal Bank and tried to draw out some money but when it got to the point the money is delivered, it never came through, but there was a message saying to take my receipt and did I want any further transactions. The receipt came through as if I had the money. I then phoned the bank and within 10 minutes a car drew up and it was an employee of Universal. He could do nothing at that time but told me to come next day. Lo and behold my money was there waiting for me.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.