North Cyprus Tourist Board - english schools in girne
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > english schools in girne

english schools in girne

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Schools Posts

spurs

Message Posted:
06/05/2010 14:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Hi all.As a family wishing to live in north cyprus i was wondering if anyone knows of any english schools in the Girne area.I have been advised to look into private education as other school hours are mornings only for 4 hours.My two girls are 7 and 4.

If anyone could reccomend any schools to visit while we holiday in june and any sort of pricings would be great.

Hope someone could help us.

Many thanks in advance

babygirl

Message Posted:
06/05/2010 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Try the English School of Kyrenia, know couple children who go there and is supposed to be very good -

http://www.englishschoolkyrenia.org

Is private but dont know rates.

professoregit

Message Posted:
06/05/2010 15:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Both my daughters attended GAU (Girne American University) Lower School and College. Up until September

of last year. The eldest did her IGCSE's (6) and A-Levels (2.5 - 5xAS) there and came out with very good results, as such she has now enroled at Kingston University in the U.K. We have since enroled my youngest at

Sunny Lane and so far we are pleased with the change. Sunny Lane will be changing its name to The British Academy of Northern Cyprus for the start of the new term in September. Fees will be around the £3,000+

at Sunny Lane (BANC) but you will get a reduction for siblings. GAU's fees are around the £4,000+ and was one of the reasons we changed schools last year. Most importantly, you must visit these schools before you commit yourselves. Have a look around, talk to the students and teachers where possible, get a feel for them.

Good luck...

StGeorgeI

Message Posted:
06/05/2010 16:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

If you want private education it has to be The English School of Kyrenia. But for young kids let them make local friends at local schools while they can - there are private places that will look after kids when the school closes at lunchtime and will save you a fortune on school fees!!

Like the Professor said above - have a look around and ask other people before making a decision.

GOOD LUCK,

G

susief

Message Posted:
06/05/2010 17:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

I can recommend Colourland Prep School in Zeytinlik (where my son goes) and Miss Judy's School in Karaoglanoglu for the four year old. Not had any experience with schools for older children though. Echoing what other people have already said though - ask a lot of people then visit the schools personally to see which is best for your children.

ceg123

Message Posted:
06/05/2010 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

English School of Kyrenia is super.

spurs

Message Posted:
10/05/2010 21:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Thankyou all for your kind responses.We will look into this in person when we visit in june.

Once again,many thanks

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.