North Cyprus Tourist Board - Digital Supreme - TV & Internet
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Digital Supreme - TV & Internet

Digital Supreme - TV & Internet

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

Checkers

Message Posted:
06/05/2010 17:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Hello all

We use Digital Supreme for our TV & Internet. But we are completely fed up with the constant freezing of both srevices. We had to phone them up 6 times last week and today we have made 4 calls.

The lady who answered the phone said ' Yes, his server has gone down, try again in a few minuets'. So we try again and it's OK for a further 1/2 hour or so, and then FREEZE.

Has anyone else had this trouble? We live in Yesiltepe and had this installed about 4 months ago. It's always been a bit hit and miss but now it's terrible! The thing is we get the imprssion that the people are not bothered as long as they have secured the payment.

Thanks for your comments.

the2ofus

Message Posted:
06/05/2010 22:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Well hello fellow sufferer ! Please see my earlier thread (may be a few pages down but was only posted 2 or 3 days ago) We are in Catalkoy - had the tv package for a while with no real probs. Our ISP was Extend and 4 weeks ago we started having big probs with their internet - which resulted in few more probs with DS tv. Also our Skype was becoming unuseable.

Spoke to DS (Eddie/Adile) who advised us to increase internet to 1mg with his connection. They started the installation of the internet last week - it took 2 days ! Since then we have had very little internet connection and both Skype and 12Voip totally unusable (very important as serious family illness in UK at the minute) plus Tv off/on/off/on. I have proved that the issue is with DS as signed in at friends (differant ISP) computer -Skype/12Voip worked fine !

Sick and tired of ringing and basically being told a load of rubbish (server probs/power cuts/all DS users/only Catlkoy and karakum/base station probs blah blah blah).

g11dge

Message Posted:
27/05/2010 06:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Similar problems appear to be occurring in Alsancak. Both Tv and broadband are connected via Digital Supreme and the service appears to be very poor.

Unfortunately I received news of a death in the family last week and the company I work for were kind enough to let come out to the TRNC to attend the funeral and spend some time with the family on the basis that i could get online and get some work down while i was here.

I needed to transfer a file from a UK based server (hosted by dedipower, so it well connected the UK data infrastructure and has a very good upload speed) and digital supremes '512kb' connection managed 186MB in 6 hours. (it would actually be quicker to fly to the uk, travel to data centre, transfer the data on a usb stick and travel back in order to get the whole file). I know the issue was not with dedipower as i hopped onto one of our OZ servers to transfer the same file and check how quick it could get half way round the world.... much much quicker than to her

g11dge

Message Posted:
27/05/2010 12:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

looks like the remainder of my post was truncated....

In summary, the above transfer equates to that only 2% of the 512 connection is being utilised. From working in this area of the industry, I understand that things 'out of our control' can happen that can cause slow connections, however, I will pop up and see Eddy to see why the connection is so slow and I would like a techy explanation, not the sort of excuses given to the2ofus above.

It could possibility be due to the recent winds... moving the receiver on the roof. This happened on multiple occasions with extend and they used to sent out an engineer and then the connection was back to normal. Ill post my findings here, and maybe it will help others.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.