North Cyprus Tourist Board - Dangerous dogs at KAR dog show.
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Dangerous dogs at KAR dog show.

Dangerous dogs at KAR dog show.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
06/05/2010 20:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Please click the link if you were concerned about the amount of dangerous breeds, or 'status' dogs that were at this years KAR event.

http://rescueuskyrenia.hyperboards.com/index.php?action=view_topic&topic_id=92&post_id=220#220

Please leave a comment on the site if you feel strongly, or if you have an idea of how to tackle these issues. It would be quite a tragedy if say a young child was bitten.......

DD

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
06/05/2010 20:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Sorry the title should have read 'dangerous dogs at the KAR dog show....not the centre.....

DD

mahdel

Message Posted:
06/05/2010 22:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

I personally feel that the idea of "dangerous dogs" is a bit of a misnomer. There are very few dogs that will be dangerous if they are properly trained and cared for. That being said, many owners do not know how to properly train their dogs of any breed. An abused spaniel can be far more dangerous than a properly trained and cared for pit bull, and in Cyprus you're far more likely to run into the former than the latter. Perhaps one of the charities, or even just a concerned individual, might try to organize some sort of dog training/care days to help deal with the problem? I know that even in the UK or US there are plenty of people with all manner of dogs who don't know how to care for them properly and have issues with aggressive behaviour.

CarrieRBag

Message Posted:
07/05/2010 09:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

I was at the KAR Dog Show and yes, there were some so called "dangerous breeds" but all dogs were on leads and with their owners. So, if a child did get bitten it would most likely be because they were not supervised properly not the dog.

wearytravellers

Message Posted:
07/05/2010 09:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Shoot them ALL EVERYONE OF THEM,and CATS......Useless they are

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
07/05/2010 11:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Where I had my stand, there were a couple nearby. The man had a bull mastif ( pit bull mastif?), anyway he was very big, but very docile. They were round and about my area all morning, and I never once saw him pull to go after another dog or human. She had a white retriever type dog, that was much more restless. I agree there were a lot of dobermans, rotweillers, pit bulls etc but when they were going past me or sat nearby, they all looked very well behaved. They also looked in excellent condition. It was the terriers and smaller dogs that wouldn't sit still and were barking and creating a fuss. There were a couple of dobermans opposite me that were lying down most of the morning, that wre totally laid back. Another couple of dobermans were being led around and around, and they were magnificent. On a comfortable length of lead, they held themselves really well and looked like they were in a show ring all the time, and did not pull to go after anyone. Yes it's down to the owner.

TopTen

Message Posted:
07/05/2010 12:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Msg 5 Wearytravellers

So pleased your in Singapore because out that way a dogs life means nothing a bit like your comment, and yes, I know you posted to get this kind of reaction and I wanted to please you.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
07/05/2010 12:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

What a wicked thing to say a lot of humans are useless at least animals dont committ murder rape and abuse children

magalan

Message Posted:
07/05/2010 12:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Message 4 - SPOT ON!!

Message 6 - A Bull Mastiff is a worldwide recognised breed of Dog - The unrecognised breed of Pit Bull is more correctly known as a Pit Bull TERRIER. Otherwise your comments, as were those in msg 4, are absolutely SPOT ON!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.