North Cyprus Tourist Board - ikea by taxi
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > ikea by taxi

ikea by taxi

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Taxi Transfers for Cyprus

» Taxis on Cyprus44 Business Directory

wacky01

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 21:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

I am over in TRNC later this week and am planning a trip to IKEA in the South.

If I cross over the border at Ledera Palace and get a taxi to IKEA, anybody got an idea of the cost of the fare in euros.

Will I be allowed to bring back over a toaster/kettle etc through the customs?

Also, what is the monetary limit of bringing goods over?

Any info gratefully received.

Many thanks

Chris

Littlenige

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 21:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

I am told it is 15 - 20 euros each way thats about £27 but this is from metahan not sure about ledra.

Will I be allowed to bring back over a toaster/kettle etc through the customs?

This depends if the goods are available in the nort !! SOME customs officers say that you can only bring gifts or personal Items, as with alot of goverment departmnts it depends on the person on the day.

I believe the value of goods you can bring over is 135 euros ( please see http://www.flickr.com/photos/nigeandpat/876814080/in/set-1273806/)

There is another alternative !! email a nice chap

( retiredtocyprus@hotmail.com ) .

I am led to believe he will pick you up from home this side take you to Ikea wait for you bring you back in A/C car give you his green line allowance and you have a hassle free journey in comfort with a friendly helpfull chap.

rtddci

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 22:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

What got me about IKEA is there obvious policy not to have any sign in English. Everything is in Greek. I got so confused I walked out. Restuarant is good value though.

sylvie

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 22:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

you have to follow the sign on the floor for direction into the shop - indeed almost everything in greek can put you off unless you know what you want !!!

Hilltop

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 22:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

How many signs in foreign languages do you find in IKEA UK? The Polish population in the UK is proportionately the same as the UK population in the ROC. And there are bigger communities than that!!

IKEA is IKEA, not hard to navigate.

Check your drivers Taxi licence and Tax papers, it would be illegal to rip off our host country (not to mention immoral)

Littlenige

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 22:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

And every time you eat in a resteraunt chek the waiters work permit , theask the owner for his tax returns , when you buy from the market ask for a kdv receipt .

When you do dross the border south or north open your case and declare that you wish them to check your luggage and you wish to pay any duty that they feel may be due.

Sins on the m 6 in polish , signs in all town halls in uk in hidi , arabic and other foreign languages even in howarth they have sign posts in japaneese "

Try telling preaching to the migrents moving to the uk " it would be illegal to rip off our host country (not to mention immoral) "

I will lay beys you would be branded a " RASCIST MUCK RAKER at Best "

Hilltop

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 22:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

I am glad we agree that it is an offence to evade taxes. If you have knowledge of waiters etc defrauding the TRNC I would hope you would take the appropriate steps.

There is no point in the honest amongst us complaining about Government Taxes etc, when the criminals boast about avoiding them.

We all save if everyone pays their due.

Littlenige

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 23:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

any one selling a key board mine is b#'=-3ed oh by the way I can want a kdv recipt or a signed paper to say you have paind import duty on it or you will pay tax on any profit you may make !!!!!!!!!

Hilltop

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 23:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

Nigel

You are struggling to justify your criminal activities. Why not just get legal, pay taxes (like the TC Taxi drivers have to) and have a clear conscience.

Go On........You know you don't want to be a criminal.

Littlenige

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 23:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

hilltop

you mum may love you but you do nothing to encourage others to.

conscience as a former mercnery and former catolic what is a conscience ?

wacky01

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 00:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

Thanks Littlenige for the info.

It it making me think 'Is it really worth the hassle'.

Thanks again

Chris

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 07:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

wacky

bring it over as hand luggage on your flight .

i being the illegal type just look for a bargain ( a legitimate pay your tax in uk/eu one) .

i have brought toaster, 19 tv,sandwich maker,cutlery,towells .lamps etc etc .

you allowed 10k on most for handluggage ,check your ticket.

kav

on my own level i would rather pay a courteous taxi driver who puts the money back into the economy rather than a "legal badge "owner that sends it back home ,lol

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 08:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

Why not just buy toaster and kettle here, they are not that expensive and a lot of the things are international brands under Turkish names..

IKEA is just a big rip off.

Just think by the time you have paid for taxi and added it to the price of your kettle.... well you work it out.

remember the limit to bring in to TRNC is 135 euros per person and you cannot split the cost of a large item, it is one person, one item.

Also as above, you can probably buy just as cheap in UK compared to RoC where inflation is rsing rapidly. Also you pay in Euro and exchange rate from £ or ytl is lousy at present.

wacky01

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 11:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

Thank you all for your replies.

You make convincing arguements for not bothering.

best regards

Chris

ilovemydogs

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 21:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

i also am bringing everything but the kitchen sink with me in october. with10kg hand luggage and 4 of us you wouldn't believe what we have got in. to pay for an extra case it would have been £10 per kg. a set of golf clubs with no weight allowance , is a better option . it only costs £20 i have a shower rail , all my cutlery and everything else that is heavy. trev can hardly lift it. but the clubs are being left , so only have to pay for one way. and that means all our time won't be taken up shopping for everything we need . time can be better spent doing all the legal stuff and then having a bit of a holiday. gave up on the ikea trip ages ago. and some friends from the south are bringing us some stuff too. that leaves us to have valuable time with them also.

breezyboy

Message Posted:
08/07/2008 12:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

Hope the Cypriot Ikea is better than the UK ones. The only thing worth having there is the Meat balls in the restaurants and there are much better in Girne without any taxi ride!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.