North Cyprus Tourist Board - pets to north cuyprus by car
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > pets to north cuyprus by car

pets to north cuyprus by car

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

dunny

Message Posted:
08/05/2010 22:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

Can anyone help? I am looking for as much information as possible on driving from the uk to north cyprus.

I have had my dog vacinated and will have her passport soon. I am hoping the vet in the uk will issue export licence from uk. What do i need to get an import licence?

As anyone caught the ferry from Italy to Turkey then to Northern Cyprus?

So many questions and not a lot of time, my head is spinning! HAAAAA

HildySmith

Message Posted:
08/05/2010 23:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

email david@meddes.net

roblyn

Message Posted:
09/05/2010 08:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

Import licence--Dr Mehmet tel 0090392 2253551/751 fax0090392 2253536.

Export License apply to Defra who will send direct to your nominated vet

I assume you have had the rabies inoc done. You will need blood test results

Sorry not able to help with travel overland.We came by plane.

I'm sure others will be able to offer information to help

Good luck

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
09/05/2010 09:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Hi, do a new heading looking for Mary wife of Mickeythespark orMary wife of MikeytheSpark. I can't exactly remember Mary's husbands name that he uses on here,they came over a couple of weeks ago with their dog, as the volcano ash stopped them flying, so they decided to drive. She can tell you all about their experiences.

I've lookd back a few pages but can't see any recent postings. Good luck, Stella

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
09/05/2010 09:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Hi again, I just did a search for you and he comes up as Mikeythespark, so I leave it to you, but his wife is Mary and she is the one that did all the paper work. So if you do a heading Looking etc......she is bound to read it and is very helpful.

Lilli

Message Posted:
09/05/2010 09:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

hi contact DEFRA they will give you all the info . good luck xxx

jabob

Message Posted:
09/05/2010 09:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

Answer 3 is correct.A pet passport is not valid as none European country.Most vets will try to give you this as well.Maybe useful if you ever go back but you must have export lic after rabies check and then apply for import lic.Post not good here in or out we came over and applied in person for our export lic. incase paperwork lost and were looking for property at the same time.Dog/dogs will have to go in quarantine,should be for 21 days as ours travelled in june they got busy and were let out after 12 days.You are responsible for feeding and watering and walking them around the compound,and that is at certain times of the day only.The kennels are terrible and you pay for the priviledge i think then 2 years ago 175tl per dog but its that or you leave them at home??!!Many dogs here to look after but when you love pets as we do you can't leave them.Ours came by plane that was awful but i couldn't contemplate travelling through Europe for fear of getting stuck somewhere.Good luck.

BoTanica

Message Posted:
09/05/2010 10:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

I must agree with message 7, I wouldn't risk all the border crossings with my dog. Could you not board the dog and have it flown out to meet you after you arrival?

Lilli

Message Posted:
09/05/2010 10:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

hi jabob, they have now relaxed the quartine here, i beleive they do one day then its home quartine for 3 weeks

mikeythespark

Message Posted:
09/05/2010 11:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

Hi Neil,

I have sent you an email which I hope will help.

Mary, wife of Mikeythespark

rowan

Message Posted:
09/05/2010 11:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

hi yes we took the ferry from Brindisi to Cesme and then Tasecu to Kyrenia

Bertie

Message Posted:
09/05/2010 12:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

Travelled over October -eurotunnel to France through Switzerland, Ancona to Igoumenitsa as not avail at that time for Turkey , Greece into Turkey then the dreaded Tatislu ferry. No one looked at dog export licence or indeed any paperwork until we got here but would advise to create a folder and keep copy of all papers assoc just in case.On Ancona ferry there is a kennel bit on the top deck (it does smell and as we didnt relish the rest of the journey with the smell) we just avaoided contact with anyone and kept ours in the cabin.Finding a hotel in Turkey that will take dogs is difficult but we managed eventually worst bit of the whole journey was the Tatiscu ferry, your car and you may well not go on the same ferry but just take the dog with you, someone from vet dept will be about at Kyrenia harbour try and arrive Mon to Fri as at the weekend they will keep them, ours never left our car until we got them to our house but did have to do 3 weeks quarantine at home.

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
09/05/2010 12:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

Re message 7, things have changed a lot since you came. A Pet passport is certainly a very valid thing to have if you come here, please don't tell people not to bother with them. It proves that the animal has had all the right jabs and vacinations, and generally home quarantine is what most people get. My neighbours came from the South with their German Shepherd on a Pet passport, and they didn't even get home quarantine, were just let across the border after showing the passport's for all of them.

While the kennels ae basic the people that work their are friendly and do their best. It is basic, and yes you do have to look after them yourselves, but surely most people that love their pets want to.

jabob

Message Posted:
09/05/2010 21:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

It would be awful if after all that travelling that you get here and dont have the correct paperwork.It would appear that things may have changed and if they have then that will make it easier for you but dont listen to dribble ring the appropriate agencies as message three and be sure.Dr mehmet is helpful and will tell you how it is and not what he thinks it is.If you have the correct paperwork and nobody looks at it that doesnt matter but just get the right paperwork incase and be sure of you and your dog(S) getting through and enjoying a lovely life here.Good luck again

Lor49

Message Posted:
10/05/2010 06:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

Re message 13

Have the border rules changed? Is it possible for us to fly from the Middle East to Larnaca and bring our dog and cat via the border?

Regards

Lor

dunny

Message Posted:
12/05/2010 23:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

Thank you for your help everyone,

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.