North Cyprus Tourist Board - Altinkaya Hotel and Bungalows
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Altinkaya Hotel and Bungalows

Altinkaya Hotel and Bungalows

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

DianeS

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 22:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Hi

I am a new member never joined anything like this before I am not very up on computers. But could someone give me any info on staying in the Altinkaya Bungalows near Bellapais. My husband and I are staying there in october. I have been checking a few real holiday sites and I am getting a bit concerned as the reaction does not seem very positive. We have been to Northern Cyprus before and enjoyed it. We stayed at the Riverside which we enjoyed but found a bit to far from Kyrenia at night. Also there was a very large aviary full of Turkeys and the smell was to put it mildly overpowering which was a shame as eveything else was ok.

trevor

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 22:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

How do.

I stayed in the Altinkaya hotel at the brginning of May and i found it to be very good. The rooms were quite small but very clean and freshly decorated. The staff i found to be some of the best i have ever had look after me, they would do anything possible even going out of their way to help. We only stayed there on our buying trip but would have no hessitation in staying there again. The grounds and pool are also kept spotless and its about 20=30 mins walk to the Marina or it was 10ytl in a taxi. I don,t think you will have any probs.

Go and enjoy

Trevor

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 22:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Hi DianeS

We have stayed in both the bungalows and hotel rooms at the Altinkaya. The last time we stayed was for 3 weeks and didn't have any problems at all. The food wasn't wonderful but as we mostly ate out it didn't bother us too much.

We found the location ideal as we walked into Kyrenia quite a lot and staggered home in the evenings

The hotel run a free bus service into Kyrenia for guests (or at least they did when we were staying there).

Staff were very pleasant and friendly.

Karen

Nunu1

Message Posted:
06/07/2008 23:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Hi, I stayed at both the bungallows and the main hotel. I prefered the rooms in the main hotel. The food was rubbish.......Hence ate out most of the time.

The staff, grounds and swimming pool were superb!

nunu

Kitty1

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 10:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

I've not stayed there myself, but I know a number of people who have and they all speak highly of it.

I did sample the chips there last week and they were very nice! LOL!

LaptaDave

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 10:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Diane

The Altinkaya is on a very busy road, most tourists complain that they can not sleep at night from the amount of Noise from the traffic using this road from kyrenia to Bellapais or vice versa.

LaptaDave

the butler

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 11:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Diane5

Stayed at Altinkaya April 2006 not to be recommended Stayed at Ship inn June 2006 same money as Altinkaya could not fault this hotel. You will read on this site many recommendations for the Ship Inn. You can get a dolmus in to town every 10 minutes from across the road and it will drop you back at the door. The dolmus is very cheap.

The Butlers wife.

jakki

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 13:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

If it helps - we stayed for two nights last July on an inspection trip - we were told it was 'luxurious' but to be honest it is pretty basic, we stayed in one of the bungalows across the road from the main hotel. The breakfasts are ok if you like eggs!!! To be fair the hotel does have a certain charm, and there is an English lady on hand and she was very, very helpful (but so, of course, are the Turkish staff) - but we wouldn't return, there are so many other places to stay offering good deals.

wanttoretire

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Hi

We stayed there in May on viewing trip, it was ok but food was rubbish. Did the job for three days woudnt want to stay longer

wanttoretire

smudge

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 16:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

We stayed there twice but only in the bungalows and th split level ones too. We had a really good stay. When the shower didn't work they fixed it within 10 minutes (it did really work - I was just being a numpty and hadn't switched it on properly). The staff really looked after us and were pleasant and helpful. We had good lunches around the pool during the day. We tend to go exploring on evenings so didn't eat at night but others have said the food is 'average' on an evening. The bar staff are nice when you finally stagger back for one 'quick last one' before retiring. Good value - would stay their again.

Smudgelet

ilovemydogs

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 19:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

hi,

we stayed in may. the rooms are ok and the staff are lovelly, especially a chineese wairess. she went out of her way to accomodate us with food. as the evening menu is a set meal if you are half board and twice in the 5 days we were there it was some ugly looking fish. me and my husband aren't fish eaters especially with their heads on. so she said we could have anything we wanted. having said that the rest of the food wasn't that great, but being british too polite to complain, but she did say look at the menu in the morning and if you don't like it. you can order something else off the menu that is for people not on half board. it is within walking distance of kyrenia. and i didn't find the road noisy. a great stay apart from the food

norths4me

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 19:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Stayed there for a week early April this year.

Rooms Basic but clean I found them fine others may not.

Bar Good and fair priced for beer & wine spirits quite expensive.

Reception Excellent

Staff Excellent especially Sandra but all were good

Food Basic would not recommend evening meals as there is no choice

Location Good, I never heard cars at night. Good pool area.

Overall, Good location easy access to Girne Ozankoy and Bellapais

AndyP

Message Posted:
09/07/2008 14:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

The rooftop bar is now refurbished and open as well. Lots of entertainment. You will find this acroos the road to the main hotel. A few nice chalets up on the roof with a pool just for the occupiers of the chalets

http://www.northerncypruslife.com/altinkayaroofbar

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.