North Cyprus Tourist Board - GUIDOS. Sunday lunch in one of North Cyprus top restuarants...GUIDO'S
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > GUIDOS. Sunday lunch in one of North Cyprus top restuarants...GUIDO'S

GUIDOS. Sunday lunch in one of North Cyprus top restuarants...GUIDO'S

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

» See All Threads about Guido's Restaurant in Alsancak

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
10/05/2010 06:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

A prawn cocktail to die for, I can honestly say the best I have ever had, Kev had Guido's pate followed by roast beef with all the trimmings. it was top notch, forget Tango to Buddha, get down to Guido's, Lilli and Guido, as always the perfect hosts. 10/10.

Groucho

Message Posted:
10/05/2010 06:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Can You have too much of a good thing?

Is it going to become Guido's Vs AnyOtherPlace on this forum?

It looks like it!

The irony is, by mentioning TangotoBuddha in the thread their advert comes up when you are trying to plug Guido's.. ah well. nothing works as well as a bad idea!

proger1

Message Posted:
10/05/2010 07:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Groucho, why does it have to become anything.

I would personally prefer if Dee had put the review on my website but I don't complain and by the rules that you helped to instigate this post should be closed when Lilli puts up her menu of the day.

As for the advert, maybe it is different on every computer but I get Jashan's so in essence the post has managed to advertise three very popular restaurants that are part of the country we live in and hasn't broken any rules, why do we still need to find something bad to say about it?

Dee,

I will copy your post and put it on my site as an up to date review. if you would rather it wasn't there let me know and I'll remove it. As a note, I will remove the ttb comment as it is kinda negative and we have NN for that.

Paul

Groucho

Message Posted:
10/05/2010 07:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Death by a thousand adverts... that's why.

The casual observer/potential new member is going to get a very restaurant orientated view of what makes this forum tick or lack bite.

I have no objection to proper reviews but really, do you think this was worth it?

I might add, I have no problem with Guido's but the constant sycophantic attempts to curry favour with the restaurant's owners gets a bit clawing....

I found the dismissing of another establishment within the same thread to be less than proper... If they all start saying don't go there go here, what are we or others to make of it?

The truth of it may well be, go to places not constantly touted on this forum as they are busy without all this..

proger1

Message Posted:
10/05/2010 07:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Groucho,

How about instead of being (trying to think of a good description of how your posts come across,oh well) you, maybe it would be possible to just suggest to someone that it might be better to add that post to the correct place.

You keep telling me about wanting this to be a community forum as Izzet does, how about treating other posters like neighbours instead of trying to belittle thier posts.

My turn to get your wrath again I suppose because I disagree with your techniques for getting your entitled opinion across but hey, that is what happens in a community. There is always someone who wants to run the neibourhood watch scheme.

Paul

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
10/05/2010 08:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Proger please feel free to post on your site

Post edited under Rule 3.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
10/05/2010 08:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Moderators,

I mean no disrespect to Liz & Guido but Groucho is correct.

This is a repeat of probably dozens of threads on same theme. May as well make Guidos a sticky it is at the top so much.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
10/05/2010 08:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

As for msg 6, surely last comment breaks forum rules.

JohnW

Message Posted:
10/05/2010 08:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

proger1

My understanding of the new rules is that the first thread about any business on any day takes preference. Surely, that now means that should Lillie want to post about the meal of the day then she must post on this thread or have her new thread deleted.

I thought that the purpose of the new rules was to enable business's to promote themselves and to stop multiple threads about the same business from customers. This, of course, means that if a customer posts first it may not necessarily be very helpful however nice they are being about the business.

proger1

Message Posted:
10/05/2010 08:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

I believe that the new rules state that only 1 active thread per day is allowed and in this case, this is the first active thread. If and when Lilli decides to post her menu of the day it will I believe over ride this one and it shall be deleted.

As for the last comment on message 6, which rule exactly. I suppose yopu could refer to be polite but I think you are being a bit harsh if you want to ban someone for telling someone who is being sarcastic against thier original post to be quiet.

You people have got what you wanted, a way to reduce the amount of same restaurant posts, now you want to stop all restaurant posts, It has been stated that this will help potential new forum members from being dissuaded from joining because they may think it is all about food.

Lately all I seem to see is it being about people wanting things changed to what they believe is better.

How about starting your own forum, its free, and set it up your own way. See how well that works for you !!

Paul

Groucho

Message Posted:
10/05/2010 09:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Paul,

I think you are guilty of trying to belittle my post... How my posts come across to you is not necessarily how they come across to others.. or so it would seem. You seem particularly wound up by anything I post. Only you can know why that is.

As regards why I felt right to post, if you investigate the number of repeat threads on the same subject by the same people you will understand.

deecyprus4, from your delightful riposte I can see why you might be a regular poster on this subject. Do you always tell people who take issue with you to shut up?

However well intentioned your original post may be, it is my opinion that you will harm Lilli's business... which is counter to your intention?

If you look back you will see that Lilli has asked for this type of post to stop.

Again, I will repeat, I have no problem with Guido's.

proger1

Message Posted:
10/05/2010 09:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Groucho,

You hit the nail on the head, my soul purpose is to attack you, I am surprised it took so long for you to realise.

That by the away is sarcasm just in case you missed it.

Don't worry about me belittling anything of yours any more, I was actually trying to defend someone who had done nothing wrong except possibly the negative comment about the other restaurant, as stated before, you forum watch people got what you wanted but you still want more.

Enoughs, enough. I want to read information about what is going on in North Cyprus, not what people think about how it's presented.

As for how Lilli is affected. Someone posting about how good her establishment is can not be bad, people who turn it into a debate on whether it should be posted about at all, now that might just be detremental, don't you think?

Please enjoy alienating other forum members, you seem to be highly skilled at it.

Paul

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
10/05/2010 09:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

This thread is now closed. Reason: Thread was addressed and no need for further posts.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.