North Cyprus Tourist Board - About Lefkosa
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > About Lefkosa

About Lefkosa

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Nicosia Cyprus

Aslan

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 10:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

The problems here regarding tourism are down to the past and present ministers of tourism not having the faintist clue on drawing up a business plan, marketing strategy e.t.c.

In the paper the other week it was announced that they are going to predestrianize parts of Lefkosa to make the area more tourist and user friendly, this should have been done years ago, but I guess that before the borders opened the tourists coming to the TRNC didn't matter so much, but now that they see the GC's investing over here they think its time to take action.

If you alk from the Girne gate to the new crossing with a pram you will come accross the following obstacles.

Cars parked on the pavement (traffic wardens must work summer hours)!

Scooters parked or driven on the pavement

Bicycles driven on the pavement

Hoards of men coming towards you and not giving way to you and the pram (where do all the woman go)?

Pavement ramps at various difficult degrees

Then you hit paradise, pedestrian areas, families with children, clean and refreshing looking shops, bars and restaurants.

If this government even considers mentioning a lack of funding they are liars.

They simple have no brains or courage to make these vital decisions.

In what was the beautiful TurkishCypriot quarter of Lefkosa known as Caglayan the Ankara belediye have paid for a new park by the old city walls, what a fantastic idea, lets provide a park for our people squatting in the apartments and houses there because they do so much for the community? we should give something back.?

At a guess I would estimate that the park is used by 99.9% mainland Turks or Gagjo (Gypsies) as they are known and .1% locals.

How about using those funds to make the old city a better place for Turkish Cypriots and tourists, maybe in 10 years time when it will be to late.

The past and present governments do not give a flying duck about its own people, the expat community or the tourism industry.

Idiots as simple as that.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 13:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

I think the Old City is a marvellous place to visit and wandering around all the back streets you get a feel for the "Real Lefkosa".

There are many ways that the city could be improved for tourists and I am glad you as a Cypriot have stated what is obvious to all except the government.

Most things would be low cost but that would mean no money for the politicians. One would have thought that with the opening of Lokmaci and the numbers crossing that work would have already been well under way on initial improvments.

Dixie Normus

Message Posted:
07/07/2008 14:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Nice one Aslan, Revitalising the old city would open the eyes to the world what the south side has destroyed in their half of the old city, all the people I have spoken to that have come to the Turkish side via Locami have said what an opertunity to put the North on the map, as you say, shame the place is ran by a bunch of half wits, they seem to be the only ones who do not see its potential.

DM

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.