North Cyprus Tourist Board - Contribution Help for Nurseawful
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Contribution Help for Nurseawful

Contribution Help for Nurseawful

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
12/05/2010 11:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

I was thinking, that after all the work Chris has done for all of us that went on the "day trip to Lefkosia", apart from her time, it must have cost quite a bit with all the phone calls and her petrol driving back and forth, so how about giving a small donation to her telephone credits. I have the number of 0533 884 5621, that I used. If there is a number Chris would rather have, I'm sure she would put it on the board.

She doesn't know I'm doing this, but I feel she does so much for people, it would be nice to offer her a bit of help, so she's not out of pocket.

If anyone disagrees that's fine, but please, no rude comments.

Stella

Krin52

Message Posted:
12/05/2010 15:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Stella,

I did actually ask Chris on Monday if I could pass the word around, and she was grateful for the thought (and that I gave her my contribution on the spot).

I really think she and the others shouldn't have to be forking out for petrol and phones, with all the running around that this cost.... so YES, I agree a small thank you donation is a great idea!

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
13/05/2010 21:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

I can't believe after all the work Chris and her group do for everyone, that this has been ignored, so I will move this back to the top.

boglefan

Message Posted:
13/05/2010 23:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

I am in the UK but I know that my friend Christine and the rest of the TRNC nurses and helpers have put a lot of time and effort into setting up this helpline for anyone who requires help either for themself or loved ones. Some funds have been raised to be able to help with care at home - ie commodes, wheelchairs etc much of which were donated by members of the Forum but I know that Christine and the other nurses and carers are often out of pocket. I intend to have a meeting with the senior nurse in the hospital where Christine worked prior to her move to TRNC and in which I still nurse to try to get some equipment or dressings which are unavailable in NC. I am also going to write into the Trust newspaper to tell them of the work that is being done over there by TRNC healthcare in the hope that there will be some way to raise some funds. Think how much you would have to pay if you needed private nursing care on a daily basis? Think even in the UK what nursing home fees are.

boglefan

Message Posted:
13/05/2010 23:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

This is a totally new service which has been set up and is provided out of the goodness of the volunteers hearts. They receive only some help towards petrol etc. they do not make a wage. It could be you or yours that require their help next so please even if it is just a little help for the phone costs, every little will help, and yes I will be sending a donation too.

Thank you,

Irene

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.